LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 368 users in the forums

NYniner85 2020 FINAL MOCK

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by jersey49er:
I like it, I literally laughed out loud when I read you had all 3 WRs taken in the other mocks you have done bc i did too lol truth is I'm cool with any of them being a niner, question I have is, at 34 in this mock would Ruiz be available still ? If so that's the only pick I'd change honestly but let's go niners and thanks bro.

I got tackle much higher than IOL that's a shanny move.

Thanks for the feedback

You think Jones would win the RG spot ? Until Staley hangs them up ?
Yes please.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I'm not sure Breida has any trade value, Taylor I've read may have some character red flags (anger management issues, suspensions from fighting with teammates/coaches), otherwise nice job.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
You think Jones would win the RG spot ? Until Staley hangs them up ?

I think he's got a shot in there, sure. I really do think Brunskill is gonna be the RG regardless of who they draft.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 23, 2020 at 4:09 AM ]
Originally posted by FL9er:
I'm not sure Breida has any trade value, Taylor I've read may have some character red flags (anger management issues, suspensions from fighting with teammates/coaches), otherwise nice job.

Yup that's why taylor drops. Not every single guy is gonna be a captain, especially later in the draft.

Thanks man
Tbh I don't understand drafting a tackle with our second pick who's not gonna play. I get the long term idea but I think Staley plays a few more years.

I like a lot of your picks. Elliot is great. Would fit perfect but I think he may be gone there. Not sold on the value of Ruggs at 13 but id be happy.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Tbh I don't understand drafting a tackle with our second pick who's not gonna play. I get the long term idea but I think Staley plays a few more years.

I like a lot of your picks. Elliot is great. Would fit perfect but I think he may be gone there. Not sold on the value of Ruggs at 13 but id be happy.

Ruggs isn't going at 13...he's going at 15 and we get the 83rd pick.

Jones has the beef to play RG and I feel much better letting a 2nd rd pick battle it out inside, then forcing a top 13 pick to do it. At the very least we have our top end talent playing (at 13) the position they're intended to play. Maybe the go in a different direction but I can see him a real possibility at that point.

Elliot's all over the place. I've seen 1st rd (PFF) I've seen him ranked outside the top 100 as well.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Ruggs isn't going at 13...he's going at 15 and we get the 83rd pick.

Jones has the beef to play RG and I feel much better letting a 2nd rd pick battle it out inside, then forcing a top 13 pick to do it. At the very least we have our top end talent playing (at 13) the position they're intended to play. Maybe the go in a different direction but I can see him a real possibility at that point.

Elliot's all over the place. I've seen 1st rd (PFF) I've seen him ranked outside the top 100 as well.

You sly devil lol

and if you think Jones could play guard that changes things.

I just don't want a tackle who can't play guard or a center who can't play guard like Hennessey. Imo he's overrated now and not a huge upgrade anywhere on the line.
Okay boys & girls we're a little over 24 hrs away from the draft I usually don't do mocks this close to the draft, but I got time haha...I like to at least look back at what I had as my final mock and see how realistic is was (and who's who down the road).

I used TDB big board and took into account rumors and who we've met with.

🚨*TRADE during the draft Brieda to the Philly for pick #168.

🚨*TRADE #13 with Denver....IMO at pick 13 there will be two WRs left Ruggs and Jeudy. Matt Miller says DEN is all about Jeudy and we have a great relationship with them. They get Jeudy and SF get's pick #83 to move down to 15.

#15-Henry Ruggs III WR Bama-Every mock I've had a different WR lol. End of the day this is the guy Kyle covets. He makes the team better, watching SF using play-action while he's running deep crossing routes is gonna be electric. (we've met with)

🚨*TRADE #31 with the Colts-There's a QB left and the Colts don't want teams to roll into a full night of talking to teams about trades. They give up pick #122.

#34-Josh Jones OT Houston-I've read reports that his draft value is from the 1st to the 3rd. He's got light feet and good athleticism. He has some nastiness in him but still needs some polish. Had a very good Senior Bowl. He's not a day 1 starter at LT and needs to add a little strength. I think he fits best in a zone blocking scheme. He would add competition at guard until he moves to LT. (we met with him)

#83-Jordan Elliot DT Missouri-Versatile DT (something SF loves) he can shoot gaps and had one of the best pass rush win rate at his position. Good first-step quickness. He lacks that length you want and overall needs to play more disciplined at the NFL level. (we met with him)

🚨*TRADE SF trades pick #122 and #168 to move up to pick 107 with Cinci They need more picks and we move up.

#107-Darrell Taylor EDGE Tennessee- Explosive first step he's got some juice to his game. Can be a little undisciplined at times and needs to work on counters. He's got the skill set to grow into a very good edge rusher IMO. Injuries hurt him this draft process, he seems to not get any love so he drops.

#156-Denvin Asiasi TE UCLA-Versatile TE who can get on the line and block and can run routes. Great YAC. Started out at Michigan then moved to UCLA. Solid athlete but his hands needs some work. (we met with him).

#176-Michael Ojemuida CB Iowa-Great length and tackling ability, he's a zone coverage CB only. Has a little issue with deep speed but overall he's got a high football IQ (we met with him).

#211-Geno Stone S Iowa-Another hawkeye, He's not the fastest biggest or strongest BUT he's a darn good football player. He has great instincts and is always around the ball. I wanted to go safety higher because it sounds more and more like we will be looking for a new SS after this yr. At the very worst he's a great ST player.

#246-L'Jaruis Sneed DB Louisiana Tech-He's your hieght/speed DB that you can try and develop at CB/S

Like this one a lot NY. I think Sneed is a very likely target for us somewhere on day 3, round 7 seems late but we will see.

Ruggs appears to be the type of guy that Shahanan and Lynch would covet. I like Jones, Asiasi, and Ojemudia too, all make sense with scheme and needs.
First mock where I didn't get one player lol.

First mock where I didn't get one player lol.

You need to retire.lol
Share 49ersWebzone