There are 166 users in the forums

The Ultimate Trade Back 49ers Mock

49ers Trade Pick #13 to Miami for Pick #18, 56 and 141
With one of the top 4 offensive lineman (likely Andrew Thomas) still on the board, the Dolphins get desperate to protect their franchise QB they just took at #5. The 49ers move back five spots and pick up a 2nd rounder and 4th rounder.

Pick #18: WR Denzel Mims Baylor 6'3" 209
The Mims hype train starting rolling at the Senior Bowl where he dominated top competition. He then proceeded to blow the lid off the combine, clocking in a 4.38 40, 38.5 vertical and an obscene 6.66 3-cone drill, numbers that when combined with his 6'3" 209 frame and nearly 34" arms, are eerily similar to Julio Jones. While his tape is inconsistent and he did have some drops in college, the potential is all there to be a dominant #1 WR. The Niners badly need this combination of size, speed and tenacity on the boundary and trading back to land someone who could end up being the best WR in the class feels like good value.

49ers Trade Pick #31 and Matt Breida to NY Jets for Pick #48, 68 and 120
After taking an OT at 11, the Jets need to get Sam Darnold some help on the outside. They move up to #31 to draft a WR.

Pick #48: OG/C Lloyd Cushenberry LSU 6'3" 312
Cushenberry projects to be a Pro Bowl-caliber interior lineman. He's long, athletic, tough and a leader. He also dominated the Senior Bowl, reportedly being the only OL who could hold up against Javon Kinlaw in 1-on-1s. He immediately slots in as the starting RG and eventually replaces Richburg as the 49ers center.

Pick #56: CB Bryce Hall Virginia 6'1" 202
Hall is a first round talent who's production the last few years was off the charts. His 2019 season was upended by injuries and inconsistency, but he's long, has tremendous instincts and is an ideal fit in the 49ers zone scheme.

Pick #68: DL Raekwon Davis Alabama 6'6" 311
Davis is a boom or bust prospect who has all the physical gifts in the world but failed to improve in 2019. His length, strength and explosiveness should give DL coach Chris Kocurek a lot to work with and he *could* make 49ers fans forget about DeForest Buckner *if* Davis puts all his gifts together in a more consistent way.

Pick #120: RB/WR Antonio Gibson Memphis 6'0" 228
Gibson is a Swiss Army knife who is built like a tank but runs like a deer. He's an explosive, powerful athlete who can line up all over the formation. It should be fun to watch him in Kyle Shanahan's offense.

Pick #156: OT Alex Taylor South Carolina St. 6'8" 308
Taylor looks the part of a starting LT, and his combination of length (over 36" arms and 11 inch hands) and athleticism (5.09 40 and top scores in 20-yard shuttle and 3-cone drill) is elite. With that said, Taylor is raw and needs to get stronger and grow as a technician, but learning a year behind Joe Staley should do him good. If he can maximize his potential, he projects as a starting LT.

Pick #176: TE Dalton Keene Virginia Tech 6'4" 253
Keene was used as a TE, H-Back and WR in college and has excellent movement skills and shows good toughness as a blocker. He wasn't featured heavily in VA Tech's passing game so he's flying a bit under the radar but he showed elite agility at the combine to go with 4.71 speed. I'm not saying he's George Kittle but there are some similarities, including being drafted in the 5th round...

Pick #210: S Daniel Thomas Auburn 5'10" 215
Thomas is a solid prospect who was a leader in the Auburn secondary for two years. He doesn't have a single trait that stands out, but he's athletic, smart and a proven.

49ers Depth Chart
Offense:
QB: Jimmy Garapollo / Nick Mullens / CJ Beathard
RB: Tevin Coleman / Raheem Mostert / Jerrick McKinnon / Antonio Gibson
FB: Kyle Juszczyk
TE: George Kittle / Dalton Keene / Ross Dwelley
WR: Deebo Samuel / Denzel Mims / Kendrick Bourne / Trent Taylor / Dante Pettis / Jalen Hurd
OT: Joe Staley / Mike McGlinchey / Shon Coleman / Alex Taylor
OG: Laken Tomlinson / Lloyd Cushenberry / Daniel Brunskill
OC: Weston Richburg / Ben Garland

Defense:
DE: Nick Bosa / Arik Armstead / Dee Ford / Solomon Thomas / Ronald Blair
DT: DJ Jones / Raekwon Davis / Jullian Taylor / Kevin Givens
LB: Fred Warner / Kwon Alexander / Dre Greenlaw / Joe Walker / Azeez Al-Shaair
CB: Richard Sherman / Bryce Hall / Akhello Witherspoon / K'Wuan Williams / Emmanuel Mosely / DJ Reed
S: Jimmie Ward / Jacquiski Tartt / Tarvarius Moore / Daniel Thomas
  • thl408
Good stuff. The thread will be moved here

https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/mock-drafts/

in 10, 9, 8....
Great stuff. They say Denver needs a wideout at 15 and Philadelphia is reported as having heavy interest at 21 for Mims. I also like the Cushenberry, Hall, and Davis picks.
Great draft covered all needs
Great draft! I would rather have Jefferson if He is there at 18 but Mims is fine
  • fan49
  • Veteran
If Taylor isn't a starting tackle, a quality starting tackle. Then we need to draft one earlier
  • crew
  • Veteran
Good draft, I identified several of these players in my mocks - Mims, Hall, Davis, Taylor & Keene.
Taylor & Keene Probably go a round earlier.
Probably the best one Ive seen. Well done
Originally posted by DaniLeal:
Great draft! I would rather have Jefferson if He is there at 18 but Mims is fine

I 2nd that motion
Share 49ersWebzone