LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

NYniner85 2020 mock 3.0 (maybe last)

We're about a week away and still don't have a clue which way SF is gonna go This might be my last mock, BUT who knows I got time lol.

I have a couple trades and I'm using TDN as my big board (so get mad at them not me) also because people think teams still use the draft value chart (which I don't do think is totally true), I tried to make the trades as close as possible. There's always gonna be some give either way on trades, people need to realize this.

I've also taken into account who we've met along with draft tendencies etc....

*ONE trade before the draft (or during the draft) Breida to Philly for #168*

Here we go!

#13- CeeDee Lamb WR OU- I've been all over the place with the top 3 WRs (and would love any of them), but his mentality seems to fit this team. He's not an elite athlete BUT he's good at everything. physical/great ball skills/YAC/downfield ability, solid route-runner, young, and he's just a dog would be thrilled land him....Kittle/Lamb/Deebo oh baby! (We met with him).

🚨*31 TRADE* we move down to 34 Colts get a QB with the 5th yr deal. SF get's pick #122
🚨*34 TRADE* We move down to 55 with Baltimore who gets one of Matos/Epenesa/Braun. SF get's picks #92 & #106
🚨* TRADE SF moves from #55 (from Baltimore) with Chicago we get their #50 pick...Chicago moves down 5 spots and gets pick #156

#50-Justin Madubuike DT Texas A&M-He's a penetrator with heavy hands. He's a 3-tech with versatility to attack different gaps. He's also a dog (see the theme here) and IMO he just fits what we like at DT. (We have met with him.)

🚨*TRADE UP* SF takes the 92nd pick (from Baltimore) they give up #122 (from colts) to Dallas for pick #82

#82-Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State-He's our Joe replacement (whenever that is) He's very fluid/smooth mover and a straight up athlete. He NEEDS to get stronger plain and simple. He's not gonna knock dudes on their ass. This isn't a let's move him to guard and then left tackle situation. I think they'll try to see what he can do there BUT end of the day I won't be shocked if Brunskill is the starting RG (sorry NC). Regardless we're looking pretty at tackle for the long-term. (we met with him)

#106-Khalld Kareen EDGE Notre Dame-He's a grown ass man. almost 11" hands and almost 35" arms at 270Lbs. He fits that 4-3 DE role and can play all over the line. He's got power and has no problem setting an edge. He's got a long-arm move, but is raw as far as pass rush moves good. He needs Bosa's help there. I wanted to try and find another speed rusher BUT this draft is pretty meh there. (we met with him).

#168-Michael Onwenu OG Michigan- WOW no one sees this coming and this is my WTF pick! He doesn't fit the mold of a Shanahan OG BUT we did meet with him. He is HUGE at 344 lbs and almost 35" arms (still put up like 26 reps). He was a 4 star recruit and is a s**t brick house at RG for Michigan. He doesn't move backward and was great in PP. He actually moves well for a guy his size. He had a better zone grade than gap blocking grade as well. I think we get him down to 330Lbs and see what happens.

#217-Dalton Keene TE Virginia Tech-I feel like he might go higher than this, but I'm using the TDN BB. He has a great athletic profile and is a pretty damn good blocker. He only has 71 career targets to his name (in 3 yrs) so pass catching is a projection at the next level, BUT I think he's a little similar to Kittle in pass-catching area. (good YAC/hands).

#245-Reggie Robinson CB Tulsa-Later rd pick that fits this scheme. when drafting this late go for height/wieght/speed guys.

Now before everyone yells at me for not going CB higher...We're not gonna get it all in one yr. We have our starters for this yr and I think CB will be a HUGE aspect of next yrs off season via FA/Draft.

Thoughts?
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 14, 2020 at 12:26 PM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Nice mock but no way we're getting 2 3rds in that trade down from 34 to 55. Also jo way Cleveland is there at 89. Maybe a Ben Bartch or even a little rrach for Driscoll but Cleveland wont be there
Was wondering when 3.0 was coming. I like it. Trades are reasonable. I still like Jeudy the best, but have warmed more to Lamb. I have a little concern that Cleveland will be gone at 82. You've kinda swung me to Madubuike over Jordan Elliot, i think he is a more disruptive force in the middle. Like your EDGE guy, I would be happy with any of the EDGE guys in that range: Highsmith, Robinson, Jennings, or Taylor. Onwenu seems like a guy with a decent floor and ceiling for that stage in the draft. I agree with your though on CBs and since 49ers do play mostly cover-3, they don't need that prototypical shutdown corner. Every individual mock is gonna have the last 3 picks as different wild cards so it is what it is, just trying to find that Terrell Davis.
Originally posted by krizay:
Nice mock but no way we're getting 2 3rds in that trade down from 34 to 55. Also jo way Cleveland is there at 89. Maybe a Ben Bartch or even a little rrach for Driscoll but Cleveland wont be there

Thanks

HA I get yelled at for not using the draft value chart in my last mock....I use it this time and still no way it happens even though the chart says it's damn near even value those picks Baltimore gave up are basically 4th rd picks and we're practically giving up a 1st.

Like I said, I used the draft network big board...They have Cleveland ranked outside of the top 100 so I actually overdrafted him based on their collective BB.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 14, 2020 at 3:35 PM ]
Dont lie you got at least 2 more like me!

Can't argue with any of it.

I just have two guys that would turn this A draft into an A+ for me.

Antonio Gibson and Jabari Zuniga.

While I like Justin I think a nickel rush of with Zuniga is better considering Bosa and Zuniga can line up inside and out.

Also I don't think we need to draft DT that high since I truly believe in Kevin Givens who is similar to Justin and Taylor.

I really think we would have benefited from signing a guy like Shelby Harris. DT seems to be a position that really good older players seem to be available every FA. So unless they have Kinlaw upside, id rather address the position late or in FA from now on.

And drafting Gibson is a game changer to me. I got blasted for mocking him in the second round so if I'm wrong and he can be had in the 3rd-5th there's no way anyone else would be worth what he could bring to this offense.

Keene is so good. He's becoming my 3rd draft crush behind those two.

And as always... Lamb and Jeudy are flip flopping. I want either one at 13 or Ruggs in a small trade down.
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Was wondering when 3.0 was coming. I like it. Trades are reasonable. I still like Jeudy the best, but have warmed more to Lamb. I have a little concern that Cleveland will be gone at 82. You've kinda swung me to Madubuike over Jordan Elliot, i think he is a more disruptive force in the middle. Like your EDGE guy, I would be happy with any of the EDGE guys in that range: Highsmith, Robinson, Jennings, or Taylor. Onwenu seems like a guy with a decent floor and ceiling for that stage in the draft. I agree with your though on CBs and since 49ers do play mostly cover-3, they don't need that prototypical shutdown corner. Every individual mock is gonna have the last 3 picks as different wild cards so it is what it is, just trying to find that Terrell Davis.

Thanks man

Ezra is a difficult projection. He's not a day 1 starter and imo is a scheme fit only OT. He's got to get stronger and can still get moved around in the run game. Like I said I use the draft network as my big board and they actually have him outside the top 100.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

While I like Justin I think a nickel rush of with Zuniga is better considering Bosa and Zuniga can line up inside and out.

Also I don't think we need to draft DT that high since I truly believe in Kevin Givens who is similar to Justin and Taylor.

I really think we would have benefited from signing a guy like Shelby Harris. DT seems to be a position that really good older players seem to be available every FA. So unless they have Kinlaw upside, id rather address the position late or in FA from now on.

And drafting Gibson is a game changer to me. I got blasted for mocking him in the second round so if I'm wrong and he can be had in the 3rd-5th there's no way anyone else would be worth what he could bring to this offense.

And as always... Lamb and Jeudy are flip flopping. I want either one at 13 or Ruggs in a small trade down.

HA you're probably right, I got a final mock right before the draft. I always like go look back and see how far I was off and who I thought would be good and actually turned out good.

For this mock, I tried to stick with guys that we actually talked too. Every guy we've spoken with outside of Robinson.

I agree, I wish we would have taken care of DT in FA, didn't happen though. I really like Madubuike. I think he can be a real problem for interior OLs, especially in the passing game.

Like Gibson a ton, I see him as a day 3 guy because he doesn't have a real defined position. Some teams have him as a WR others as a RB. He could do damage in this system. Wouldn't be mad if he ended up in SF.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

HA you're probably right, I got a final mock right before the draft. I always like go look back and see how far I was off and who I thought would be good and actually turned out good.

For this mock, I tried to stick with guys that we actually talked too. Every guy we've spoken with outside of Robinson.

I agree, I wish we would have taken care of DT in FA, didn't happen though. I really like Madubuike. I think he can be a real problem for interior OLs, especially in the passing game.

Like Gibson a ton, I see him as a day 3 guy because he doesn't have a real defined position. Some teams have him as a WR others as a RB. He could do damage in this system. Wouldn't be mad if he ended up in SF.

I like Madubuike too. Just thinking about what edge players do we have that can stop the run and rush? Right now it's just Bosa and AA.

That's why I'm looking at edge players instead of scheme fit DTs.

I got one more regular mock then I'm gonna do a prediction one.
I like Madubuike too. Just thinking about what edge players do we have that can stop the run and rush? Right now it's just Bosa and AA.

That's why I'm looking at edge players instead of scheme fit DTs.

I got one more regular mock then I'm gonna do a prediction one.

I mean that's why I took Khalld Kareen
I love it. I'd be pretty happy with this overall honestly. You clearly put a lot of thought into it, trades, picks, scheme, visits, etc. Smart draft.

I'll be delighted with this draft!! Bring the champagne!!
Very nice list of players , not sure the G fits our scheme. I'm a Notre Dame guy so I love Kareem. Pass rusher is an underrated need imo
Originally posted by NCommand:
I love it. I'd be pretty happy with this overall honestly. You clearly put a lot of thought into it, trades, picks, scheme, visits, etc. Smart draft.

Thanks man
Originally posted by MrCrab49ers:
I'll be delighted with this draft!! Bring the champagne!!

Originally posted by Bellaleo:
Very nice list of players , not sure the G fits our scheme. I'm a Notre Dame guy so I love Kareem. Pass rusher is an underrated need imo

Yeah that was my one wild card pick, they met with him so there's gotta be some interest. He's for sure not the most athletic guy but he moves pretty well for 344lb OG.

Do we take a hit at run-blocking to upgrade pass-blocking because no one is moving that man lol.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 14, 2020 at 5:41 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone