LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

Give me back those picks Draft

This would be the draft I would love to see if we used the 13th pick and then went heavy trade down mode in recouping picks from #31 to hit multiple needs/areas of concern.

I tried doing the trades using the draft value chart and tried to keep myself somewhat honest using Draft Network's big board.

Trades:

SF:31+156 and Marquise Goodwin for 44+75 Colts
SF:44 for 58+89 Vikings
SF:89 for 106+129 Ravens
Matt Breida for 4th round pick - 119 Atlanta

The draft
13 - Henry Ruggs WR Alabama
58 - Matt Hennessy C/G Temple
75 - Bryce Hall CB Virginia
106 - Damien Lewis OG LSU
119 - Kenny Robinson S WVU/XFL
129 - Alex Highsmith DE Charlotte
176 - McTelvin Agim DT Arkansas
210 - Reggie Robinson II CB Tulsa
217 - James Lynch DE/DT Baylor
245 - Parnell Motley CB Oklahoma

This helps our OL get stronger which should allow us to use Ruggs' deep speed and improves the passing game for obvious reasons.

It adds depth to the DL with guys who would provide depth/rest to our starters and have some potential to turn into starters in time.

It adds some young talent into the secondary and prepares us for pending contracts which are coming up.
Ridiculously good draft
Great mock. Only value I would question is James Lynch. No way he drops to the 7th round. I would also like to swap one of the late round CB's for another interior offensive lineman like Kyle Murphy from Rhode Island. Other than that, excellent picks that cover all the positions of need.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Great mock. Only value I would question is James Lynch. No way he drops to the 7th round. I would also like to swap one of the late round CB's for another interior offensive lineman like Kyle Murphy from Rhode Island. Other than that, excellent picks that cover all the positions of need.

I like Kyle but draft network had him ranked 170 on their board which is what I was using to keep myself honest.
Love this
Originally posted by genus49:
This would be the draft I would love to see if we used the 13th pick and then went heavy trade down mode in recouping picks from #31 to hit multiple needs/areas of concern.

I tried doing the trades using the draft value chart and tried to keep myself somewhat honest using Draft Network's big board.

Trades:

SF:31+156 and Marquise Goodwin for 44+75 Colts
SF:44 for 58+89 Vikings
SF:89 for 106+129 Ravens
Matt Breida for 4th round pick - 119 Atlanta

The draft
13 - Henry Ruggs WR Alabama
58 - Matt Hennessy C/G Temple
75 - Bryce Hall CB Virginia
106 - Damien Lewis OG LSU
119 - Kenny Robinson S WVU/XFL
129 - Alex Highsmith DE Charlotte
176 - McTelvin Agim DT Arkansas
210 - Reggie Robinson II CB Tulsa
217 - James Lynch DE/DT Baylor
245 - Parnell Motley CB Oklahoma

This helps our OL get stronger which should allow us to use Ruggs' deep speed and improves the passing game for obvious reasons.

It adds depth to the DL with guys who would provide depth/rest to our starters and have some potential to turn into starters in time.

It adds some young talent into the secondary and prepares us for pending contracts which are coming up.

Nice draft. Just not sure those many trades could happen. Limited access to players limit evaluation. Teams might just stick to their boards.
Fills a lot of needs . Can't see Kyle drafting Damien Lewis.
No problem for the most part with any of the picks you made except for Hennessey, and it's for several reasons:

1. I don't think he will be drafted nearly that high. I know you're basing off some draft site to be safe not to be unrealistic but I just really don't see it. It almost reminds me of Ethan Pocic that one year I think he was drafted around that range too.

2. The more I watched his tape the less I liked. I don't think he's an upgrade over Richburg at center or Bruskill at guard.

3. I thought your concern with my draft was that you worried about needing more players to make an impact immediately. Hennessey doesn't seem to fit the profile of a player who could start day 1 at all.

I really like the Robinson pick and Lewis as you already know.

Good job.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
There's gonna be some sad 49ers fans in 8 days. Obsessed with draft picks, obsessed with value. The real draft doesn't necessarily flow like that.

Originally posted by Waterbear:
No problem for the most part with any of the picks you made except for Hennessey, and it's for several reasons:

1. I don't think he will be drafted nearly that high. I know you're basing off some draft site to be safe not to be unrealistic but I just really don't see it. It almost reminds me of Ethan Pocic that one year I think he was drafted around that range too.

2. The more I watched his tape the less I liked. I don't think he's an upgrade over Richburg at center or Bruskill at guard.

3. I thought your concern with my draft was that you worried about needing more players to make an impact immediately. Hennessey doesn't seem to fit the profile of a player who could start day 1 at all.

I really like the Robinson pick and Lewis as you already know.

Good job.

I would expect him and Lewis to battle it out for RG with Brunskill. Hennessey would also give us depth at C if Richburg isn't ready. Potentially missing camps could hurt every rookie but I see a starting WR, RG out of this group. Key depth at 3T and potential starter or future starter(s) at CB.
Share 49ersWebzone