LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 244 users in the forums

2020 NCommand's Mock Draft

For fun, I combined a couple wish-list players, one trade and mostly players the FO already has ties too (that we already know about).

Trade with the Vikings: 13 / 49ers get: 22, 58 & 132 / The Draft Network Big Board was the reference: https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/joe-marino-s-2020-nfl-draft-big-boardpositional-rankings

(1 | 22) – C/G Cesar Ruiz (Colts/Vikings)

--- Best IOL in the draft to be crossed-trained at RG while Richburg recovers. Experience in gap and zone blocking and within a pro-style offense. In short, he can handle Kyle's playbook. Pushes Brunskill to our top reserve.

(1 | 31) – XWR Justin Jefferson*

--- #3 WR on Eric Crocker's top 20 and #4 on Matt Miller's. XWR in this scheme gets about 4-5 targets a game and Jefferson will make the most of them all and even out the targets between Kittle (7.6) and Deebo (6).

(2 | 58) – IDT Marlon Davidson*

--- Explosive short area quickness with active hands and can rush from outside too (perfect for stunts). 3T starter from day 1 in our 1-gap-attack W9 defense.

(4 | 132) – CB Cam Dantzler*

--- Requisite height/length and blazing speed who stays in phase and is a willing tackler who's played in zone and man. Fluid hips.

(5 | 156) – ER Alton Robinson* (Broncos)

--- Speed ER who will now be trained by the best in Dee Ford and provide the team with some much needed 'speed' security in our W9.

(5 | 176) – SWR/KR Lynn Bowden Jr.*

--- Blazing speed from the slot with strong secure hands who should also win the kick return job in special teams.

(6 | 210) – LT Hakeem Adeniji*

--- Zone blocking LT with skills Benton will love getting his hands on and will challenge Shon Coleman and/or Justin Skule.

(7 | 217) – CB Kamren Curl* (Lions)

--- Zone DB that has a chance to work himself into nickel and dime packages.

(7 | 245) – T Jon Runyan Jr.*

--- 4 year starter with both G and T experience and a mold Benton will love to develop on the PS most likely.

* Connected with pre-draft
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 14, 2020 at 6:30 AM ]
  • All22
  • Veteran
Ruiz at #22 seems about right. Mocks with him going at #31 are unrealistic.

Jefferson is a very meh WR. Don't see how he fits in our system.
Danztler isn't anything close to blazing fast nor is Bowden.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
For fun, I combined a couple wish-list players, one trade and mostly players the FO already has ties too (that we already know about).

Trade with the Vikings: 13 / 49ers get: 22, 58 & 132 / The Draft Network Big Board was the reference: https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/joe-marino-s-2020-nfl-draft-big-boardpositional-rankings

(1 | 22) – C/G Cesar Ruiz (Colts/Vikings)

--- Best IOL in the draft to be crossed-trained at RG while Richburg recovers. Experience in gap and zone blocking and within a pro-style offense. In short, he can handle Kyle's playbook. Pushes Brunskill to our top reserve.

(1 | 31) – XWR Justin Jefferson*

--- #3 WR on Eric Crocker's top 20. XWR in this scheme gets about 4-5 targets a game and Jefferson will make the most of them all and even out the targets between Kittle (7.6) and Deebo (6).

(2 | 58) – IDT Marlon Davidson*

--- Explosive short area quickness with active hands and can rush from outside too (perfect for stunts). 3T starter from day 1 in our 1-gap-attack W9 defense.

(4 | 132) – CB Cam Dantzler*

--- Requisite height/length and blazing speed who stays in phase and is a willing tackler who's played in zone and man. Fluid hips.

(5 | 156) – ER Alton Robinson* (Broncos)

--- Speed ER who will now be trained by the best in Dee Ford and provide the team with some much needed 'speed' security in our W9.

(5 | 176) – SWR/KR Lynn Bowden Jr.*

--- Blazing speed from the slot with strong secure hands who should also win the kick return job in special teams.

(6 | 210) – LT Hakeem Adeniji*

--- Zone blocking LT with skills Benton will love getting his hands on and will challenge Shon Coleman and/or Justin Skule.

(7 | 217) – CB Kamren Curl* (Lions)

--- Zone DB that has a chance to work himself into nickel and dime packages.

(7 | 245) – T Jon Runyan Jr.*

--- 4 year starter with both G and T experience and a mold Benton will love to develop on the PS most likely.

* Connected with pre-draft

Using your parameters..... and using the nflmockdraftdatabase.com

22. Jalen Raegor: Jefferson already picked
31. Ezra Cleveland: Staley's replacement. They apparently like Brunskill better at guard than T.
58. Jordan Elliott: Defo's replacement
132. Kenny Willekes
156. Devin Asiasi
176. Quez Watkins
210. Kyle Hinton
217. Rodney Clemons
246. Kam Curl
Love rounds 2-5, Bowden is one a my favorite day 3 guys. So versatile. Danzler just ran 4.39 at his virtual pro day, improving his combine time significantly. He's a better fit in zone, so that's good. Davidson I'm warming to, I like Madubuike and Elliot. But assuming Madubuike is gone by then, and little early for Elliot. Alton Robinson has a nice ceiling. I think he's climbing up the boards. I like Runyan late, have him in same spot in my mock.
I'm a Ruggs/Jeudy/Lamb guy, so there's that. That said, I like this draft quite a bit. Also I think Jefferson is gone by 31.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Apr 11, 2020 at 8:39 PM ]
I like the trade down! Ruiz- yes. Jefferson- not digging him. I like another WR. Overall. I'm good with this
Originally posted by krizay:
Using your parameters..... and using the nflmockdraftdatabase.com

22. Jalen Raegor: Jefferson already picked
31. Ezra Cleveland: Staley's replacement. They apparently like Brunskill better at guard than T.
58. Jordan Elliott: Defo's replacement
132. Kenny Willekes
156. Devin Asiasi
176. Quez Watkins
210. Kyle Hinton
217. Rodney Clemons
246. Kam Curl

You busted me! Yeah, I had a feeling a few would drop. Great feedback. Thanks.
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
I like the trade down! Ruiz- yes. Jefferson- not digging him. I like another WR. Overall. I'm good with this

Totally understand. I really trust Crocks assessments on WR's for the next level. I definitely deferred to him on this one.
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Love rounds 2-5, Bowden is one a my favorite day 3 guys. So versatile. Danzler just ran 4.39 at his virtual pro day, improving his combine time significantly. He's a better fit in zone, so that's good. Davidson I'm warming to, I like Madubuike and Elliot. But assuming Madubuike is gone by then, and little early for Elliot. Alton Robinson has a nice ceiling. I think he's climbing up the boards. I like Runyan late, have him in same spot in my mock.
I'm a Ruggs/Jeudy/Lamb guy, so there's that. That said, I like this draft quite a bit. Also I think Jefferson is gone by 31.

Great insight. FTR, I really lean on you college experts in here totally. Mocks aren't my best but I learn with each one... I'm much better on shadow drafts.
Originally posted by All22:

Dantzler ran a virtual 4.38. Maybe he had a hamstring pull at the combine.

Exactly. No way Ruiz makes it to 31.
Originally posted by All22:

Dantzler ran a virtual 4.38. Maybe he had a hamstring pull at the combine.

Exactly. No way Ruiz makes it to 31.

Yup.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mississippi-state-football/cameron-dantzler-mississippi-state-bulldogs-pro-day-40-yard-dash/amp/

Bowden 4.38 as well.
https://www.ncsasports.org/football-recruiting/ohio/youngstown/liberty-high
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Apr 12, 2020 at 8:50 AM ]

Yup.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mississippi-state-football/cameron-dantzler-mississippi-state-bulldogs-pro-day-40-yard-dash/amp/

Thank you!
Yup.

Thank you!

Bowden didn't run at combine, his 4.38 is from when he was being recruited. I'm sure he hasn't become significantly slower since then.
  • evil
  • Veteran
What if we don't draft an IOL in the first two days of the draft? How angry will your posts be?

Asking cuz I know it's something you definitely want to see us address early.
Originally posted by evil:
What if we don't draft an IOL in the first two days of the draft? How angry will your posts be?

Asking cuz I know it's something you definitely want to see us address early.

Haha. It may not be pretty in the NCommand household during this quarantine and I might start a GoFundMe account to #SaveJimmyGaroppolo and start a Twitter movement but I'm so numb to this over all these years, I'll eventually get over it.

Fortunately I've got the WZ and you guys to tell me how great the picks we did make are and I can refocus on those.
Yup.

Thank you!

Bowden didn't run at combine, his 4.38 is from when he was being recruited. I'm sure he hasn't become significantly slower since then.

Booyeah!
Share 49ersWebzone