LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

Crazy's "I was bored but somehow got a great draft" Mock

Hope everyone doing well and safe out there!

Couldn't sleep last night so did a Mock Draft simulator, and from just two trade backs (one with Indy and one with Denver) got this haul:

R1, Pick 13: Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama

Although I'm still sad about losing Buckner, getting the best WR from this draft is a fantastic consolation prize. Great size/speed combination, fantastic hands, and best route runner in the past few drafts hands down!

Yes, Lamb has best hands and Ruggs III (was picked by Raiders right before) has that game changing speed ala Tyreek Hill, but Jeudy has something we haven't had in over a decade: a guy who can create separation! I'm not trying to compare him to Julio Jones yet, but he'd be our version in Shanny's offense, opening up for Kittle, Deebo, and making life easier for Jimmy G.

R2, Pick 4: Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU

From trading back from 31, the other team locked in Jordan Love for a 5th year option, and the 49ers got this pick, an early 3rd, and late 4th (I included a 5th, but I won on the value chart, but they got the QB). I ended up getting the guy I wanted in Blacklock, who fits in perfectly with our penetrating gap attack style. With great hands and leverage, he'll fit right in immediately.

He won't be a perfect 1-for-1 with Buckner (and no one will be here), but with our depth and studs outside, Blacklock will be a great rotation guy with ability to develop into full-time starter.

R3, Pick 13: Matt Hennessey, OG/C, Temple

Traded the early 3rd for this 3rd and a late 3rd. Got our RG (and potential future Center if Richburg doesn't heal right) and he's ready to go. Great size, speed combo and is a perfect fit for zone we run. Also allows Brunskill to stay as valued swing tackle.

R3, Pick 35: Jack Driscoll, OT, Auburn

Depth pick, allows him to develop behind Staley and McGlinchey. Future starter and is perfect fit for zone scheme.

R4, Pick 4: Devin Duvernay, WR, Texas

Speed guy, constant playmaker who pushes Trent Taylor, Richie James, Pettis, and Goodwin for playmaking depth. Potential to become starter, great value in the 4th.

R4, Pick 12: Anthony McFarland Jr., RB, Maryland

Anyone who watched him play at Maryland knows how hard this guy plays each and every play. Fast, quick twitch, and very strong for his size. Yes, we have RB depth, but I expect us to release/trade at least one of Brieda and McKinnon, and McFarland would be a great combo with this team.

If anyone wants to nitpick this one I understand, but there was no value at CB here and went BPA. Never hurts to add more toys for Shanny's offense.

R5, Pick 10: AJ Green, CB, Oklahoma State

Great talent and prototypical size for our system. Learn from Sherman and provide competition with Moseley/Witherspoon. At this point of draft the value is too great to skip.

R5, Pick 30: Jordan Fuller, FS/SS, Ohio State

Solid depth and pedigree from DBU, potential to compete for SS if Tartt leaves. Immediate ST value alone.

R6, Pick 31: Benito Jones, DT, Ole Miss

Great size and talent combo, give him the DJ Jones treatment and have another talented rotation guy for our team's strength.

R7, Pick 3: Antonio Gibson, WR, Memphis

Depth and incredible talent in college. BPA and could be great ST value

R7, Pick 31: Rodrigo Blankenship, K, Georgia

Great career at Georgia, wouldn't mind bringing him in to push Gould.

Now I know I'll be getting murdered for waiting on DB until Round 5, but the value wasn't there earlier on. Yes, we lost SB with poor CB play, but two things:

1. Our defense was fantastic until 4th quarter. Got pressure and held Mahomes to 10pts until then.

2. Our offense wasn't getting into the end zone.

By keeping our strength with DL depth, building up our OL, and improving our offensive weapons, we should be able to keep our momentum going and keep this head of steam going into 2020 season.

LET'S GO NINERS !!!
Great mock. The first 3 picks make me happy in pants
Love the 1st 3 picks, exactly the same three I have on my mock. Love the Gibson pick but I'm sure he won't last that long through the 7th rd.
Not too bad of a mock! Like the Duvernay pick, that will for sure push out the bubble players like Taylor/James/Pettis (I think benjamin is a surprise player on the 53). I hope Blacklock makes it there at that pick cause I think he will be an excellent pick for us. If not, I'd pick his teammate Gladney.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Nice picks even if trades are unrealistic
Yes please.
Really nice draft. Waiting on a CB hurts but do would waiting on OL/DL. One thing I'll critique is Hennessy will go in 2nd IMO. Thx
that trade to get 2x 3rds doesn't add up
I think I'd rather have:
blind side tackle
corner back
wide receiver
defensive tackle
guard/ center
got a feeling if Staley comes back he's not gonna last the whole season
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rgonelove:
I think I'd rather have:
blind side tackle
corner back
wide receiver
defensive tackle
guard/ center
got a feeling if Staley comes back he's not gonna last the whole season

So don't make our team better with the 13th pick? Just go for the future? When our time is now

In the 4th go TE. You know shabby been looking for a TE all offseason. I've been trying to draft one of the top 3.
I mean Shanny! Damn autocorrect.
Good draft, meets all the team needs. Lol, a ton of info on this site for the draft, nice job!
Share 49ersWebzone