There are 182 users in the forums

Kriz' draft fantasy

• krizay
  • Veteran
This obviously is a mock on how I hope it goes. Not necessarily how I think it will go. Let's be real none of us are usually right.

So the trades:
1 of the OT's fall to 13 and MIA after getting their QB at 5 comes a calling. 13 & 177 for 18, 70 & 141
TB goes OT at 14. With no RB's taken yet with KC up next. We trade 31 & 218 to TB for 45 & 76 (almost identical to a trade made last year)
in the 3rd we move up. We trade 141, 246 and a 2021 4th to KC for 96.

18: Kristian Fulton , CB, LSU. With the way we play man in crucial situations we need guys who can hang in Man. To me Moseley played pretty decent and deserves to compete for a starting spot but IMO best served as a reserve we can throw in when needed. Add in only Tim Harris being the only CB under contract next year and CB is a now need and future need.

45: Brandon Ayiuk , WR, ASU was nicknamed YAK (yard after King) at ASU. Led the name in YAC last year. Excellent route runner with decent speed. Can challenge every level and is a perfect fit for our offense and QB. Reminds me alot of Emanuel Sanders when i watch him. Also could be used in the return game.

70: Matt Peart, OT/OG Uconn With it looking like Brunskill is moving inside to start at guard. We have no true swing T. Add in Staley had 2 injuries last year and is no longer a spring chicken we have to start thinking about the future. Skule was meh. We do have Shonn Coleman coming back but is he the future? Peart would/could serve as immediate depth at OT or G while being groomed for the future for life after Joe.

76: Larrell Murchinson, DT, NC ST. Yes we have a dominant DL but the loss of Defo and Day screws up the rotation and kills our depth. talent is needed at this position.

96: Devin Duvernay, WR, Texas You want speed. Here it is! yes i'm double dipping. Devurnay adds the speed we need while having toughness and YAC ability. Having him in the middle with Ayiuk and Deebo outside.... JG won't have any excuses. Kyle can use these 2 WR's in a ton of different ways. More importantly, these two WRs fit not only our coach's scheme but our QB's strength.

157: Derrek Tuszka, DE, NDSU An edge rusher that can get after it. Adding depth and auto insurance (Ford)

211: Mitchell Wilcox, TE, USF I really wanted to go OC/OG here but I'd rather get a guy who i think would be a perfect TE to learn from Kittle. Watching him reminds me of Kittle. Comes form an offense that had him do alot of what we ask Kittle to do.

UDFA hopefuls
Cedric Wilcots, DE, New Mexico St. This dude looks like he has the tools to rush the passer. Looks so freaking athletic

Jordan Fehr, LB, App st. This guy always seems to be around the ball. both in the running game and passing game.

Danny Pinter, OG/C, Ball st.

Tino Ellis, CB, Maryland This guys looks like a baller

Gabe Nabers ,FB/TE to me he is a full back. Did a lot of the things we do with Juice. With Juice's contract up could be nice to get Nabers taught up by one of the best in the game. Has a ton of experience catching from the H-back spot. Also blocking.

IMO this draft faces our immediate needs and helps protect against the future. Fills the two biggest holes we had on defense as we sit here today. CB would be the one surefire position needing tending to next year. But we took care of half that problem this year. Would still love a more reliable C/OG combo kind of player but we are good for now.

The selections of Ayiuk and Duvernay could help balance our offense with our defense.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I am a big fan of Duvernay. Glad to see more people notice him here.

You said one of the OT's falls to 13 and that's why Miami trades up, yet right after TB goes OT. In your scenario was there 2 OT's left at pick 13 overall or 1?

Not crazy about the Fulton pick but I understand the rationale behind it.

Overall I like your mock krizay!
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
I am a big fan of Duvernay. Glad to see more people notice him here.

You said one of the OT's falls to 13 and that's why Miami trades up, yet right after TB goes OT. In your scenario was there 2 OT's left at pick 13 overall or 1?

Not crazy about the Fulton pick but I understand the rationale behind it.

Overall I like your mock krizay!

in the simulator i do TB always takes josh jones is 1st 4 is gone which is where that came from. nice catch though, could alter their thinking. but nin my dream world they take josh jones.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Don't know too much about Peart and Murchingson but I would love this draft.
Like this draft a lot! I like that we are able to address needs By trading some. Aiyuk and another speedster? Heck yeah! Might as well trade Pettis ass and Goodwin for some picks if that's the case. Great job man!
I'd probably be upset if Fulton and Ayiuk were our first two picks.
A center from the team's second pick is critical. RIchburg must be replaced. Any OT at #31 will probably not play this year.
Trading down from 13 to keep the shelves stocked and keeping the winning going for years. I'm down.
Share 49ersWebzone