There are 247 users in the forums

Yay Area's Latest Mock Draft

Originally posted by OsBoogie:
but that trade is awful for CAR. Available and giving him away are two different things.

That's a fair criticism. I haven't read anywhere what Carolina asking price is. Samuel was a second round draft pick. He's not going to command that much in return now. Darius Slay was just traded from Detroit to Philadelphia for a third and fifth. But he is one of the more premier corners in league. I don't think Samuel would command as much as Slay, so I don't think my proposal is totally crazy.
[ Edited by YayArea on Mar 30, 2020 at 3:38 PM ]
Originally posted by YayArea:
That's fa

That's a fair criticism. I haven't read anywhere what Carolina asking price is. Samuel was a second round draft pick. He's not going to command that much in return now. Darius Slay was just traded from Detroit to Philadelphia for a third and fifth. But he is one of the more premier corners in league. I don't think Samuel would command as much as Slay, so I don't think my proposal is totally crazy.

if they are willing to trade Samuel, it's likely because they think whatever they can get back they can use to improve the team elsewhere. Why would they trade for a 5th and a more expensive, less desirable WR?

I think people thinking Goodwin has value, especially before the draft, is not looking at the situation realistically. At this point, I'd be shocked if he could net us a 7th.

Slay had a price tag issue coming up. Not the same with Samuel.
[ Edited by OsBoogie on Mar 30, 2020 at 11:54 AM ]
I like a lot of these names, but do we really need this many rookies?

we're basically bringing everyone back except for DeFo, Sanders and Person, and Person is already being replaced (and probably upgraded) by Brunskill

I prefer quality over quantity this year
The job Lynch, Peters, and Shanahan have done rebuilding this roster has been quite impressive. There are not a lot of holes on their 53 man roster but there are some areas that could use more depth, and some positions where the 49ers need to start looking at potential successors.

1(13) – Henry Ruggs, WR, Alabama. His speed and athleticism will provide the deep threat ability that Goodwin provided when healthy and in the game mentally. Additionally, his ability to run after the catch turn short routes into home runs will take our offense to the next level.

1(31) - Traded with the Jets. 31 and 156 for 48 + 68 + 117

2(48) – Julian Okwara, DE/OLB, Notre Dame. He is a little undersized to play DE right now, as he played more OLB in college, but he is athletic and has a wide range of pass rush moves. In year one he will only be asked to be Dee Ford's apprentice and to provide insurance in the case that Dee Ford gets hurt again.

3 (68)– Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia. Maybe a little bit of a reach that he drops this far, but I think that the ankle injury combined with some concerns with which schemes he best fits in will cause him to drop. Hall is a long, intelligent ball-hawking corner that when you read his draft profiles seems like he could be Sherman's heir apparent.

4 (117) - Ben Bartch, OT, St. Johns. A converted tight end, who has developed into a 6'6'' 300 tackle. He is mobile, athletic, and is perfect for our zone blocking scheme. But he is a little raw, so comes in as Staley's apprentice, and should have a year or two to develop before taking over as the starter left tackle.

5 (156) – Traded to the Jets

5 (176) - Traded, along with Marquise Goodwin to the Carolina Panthers for Curtis Samuel.

6 (210)– Kyle Hinton, OG, Washburn. Played tackle in college, but projects to be a guard in the NFL, given his smaller frame. He measures in at 6'2'', 295 lbs. But he is one of the stronger, more agile guards in the draft. His tape reveals an aggressive, but very smart lineman.

7 (217) - L'Jarius Sneed, CB/S, Louisiana State. One of the fastest defensive backs at the combine. He has good size at 6'1'', 195 lbs. He split time between cornerback and safety during his college career. Similar profile to Tarvarius Moore, but Sneed profiles more as a man corner who likes to get jam and get physical with receivers off the line.

7 (245) – Charlie Taumaupenu, FB/TE, Portland State. 6'3'', 245 lbs. Best TE/H-Back in the FCS. Good route runner, sneaky speed. This coming year he can be Juszczyk's apprentice, and provide solid insurance in the case that Juszczyk gets hurt again. And in the future, I believe he could potentially turn into a player similar to Delanie Walker.

Potential UDFAs to target: James Morgan, QB, FIU. Mason Kinsey, WR, Berry. Josh Brown, OT, College of Idaho. Cam Gill, DE/OLB, Wagner. Josh Pearson, WR, Jacksonville State.

awesome draft!
Originally posted by DoseOfBosa:
I like a lot of these names, but do we really need this many rookies?

we're basically bringing everyone back except for DeFo, Sanders and Person, and Person is already being replaced (and probably upgraded) by Brunskill

I prefer quality over quantity this year

That is fair. Quality over quantity is valid approach. I happen to think all the picks I made, with the exception of Charlie Taumaupenu (who is likely a practice squad guy), would be able to compete to and earn a spot on the 53 man roster. I am of like mind with Jim Harbaugh when it comes to this. Let them compete, iron sharpens iron.
No center, no way. Hennessy or Biadasz at #48.
Good looking draft, I like it BUT also starting to think 9ers take the OT higher
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Are you taking ruggs over jeudy? I just can't see it. Or you think jeudy is off the board?
Originally posted by fan49:
Are you taking ruggs over jeudy? I just can't see it. Or you think jeudy is off the board?

Yes I would take Ruggs over Jeudy. Giving Shanahan an offensive weapon like Ruggs is going to take our offense to the next level.
  • fan49
  • Veteran

Yes I would take Ruggs over Jeudy. Giving Shanahan an offensive weapon like Ruggs is going to take our offense to the next level.

Okay we can agree to disagree. My opinion is route running translates better. And ruggs isn't close to jeudy in route running. Don't need speed to win, see Jerry rice. But jeudy is faster than rice I believe

• 91til
  • Veteran

• fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 91til:

Not to mention rugGs has shown to have struggles with press coverage. I think Judy's a bigger weapon. Rugs can't separate like him
Share 49ersWebzone