LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

Crash mock #2

1.12 Las Vegas select Henry Ruggs WR Alabama
1.13 Minnesota selects Jerry Jeudy, WR Alabama

1.22. Trevon Diggs CB Alabama
He reminds me of a Richard Sherman. He faced SEC competition and his own teammates Jeudy and Ruggs in practice. Played tough against Jamar Chase. Emmanuel Mosely did well to earn a Super Bowl start but during the Super Bowl he got handed. This year its a competition.

1.25 Tee Higgins WR Clemson
I've read he compares to AJ Green. Big, long, sure handed, route runner, post up player, big play maker. Thats what we need. Was rumored to run slow and didn't test at the combine but was rumored to be 4.43 at a pro day.

1.31 Ross Blacklock DL TCU
Fast big guy who is versatile to take on Buckner's spot. He can play the two B gaps as well go under center. Of course its step down from Buckner but perhaps the 49ers get another free agent to help.

5.10 Kenny Robinson FS XFL
A standout from the XFL's St. Lous team to compete with Tarvarious Moore.

5.30 Terrell Burgess SS Utah
A fast guy to compete with Marcel Harris behind Tartt

6.30 Dalton Keene TE Virginia
A third TE that could block a little bit

7 early: Benito Jones DT Mississippi State
a big nose tackle who is fast and fat

7 late: Khalil Tate QB Arizona
a mobile quarterback who is a gamer and is big
Tee Higgins is slow - he ran a 4.54 at his pro day which is the equivalent of ~4.65 at the combine. He's 6'4 with long arms and great body control like AJ Green so he'll still be a good red zone threat but 25 may be early in a draft this deep at WR.

He also had a 31" vertical and a 4.53 shuttle at his pro day which are terrible. Seems like we're reaching for Diggs and Higgins in this mock and may be better off keeping the 13th pick or targeting different players.
Sorry I hate that. Having Ruggs or Jeudy available and moving down to select Higgins and Diggs is a bad trade off IMO.
Originally posted by genus49:
Sorry I hate that. Having Ruggs or Jeudy available and moving down to select Higgins and Diggs is a bad trade off IMO.

I concur

No way we pass up elite talent at wr especially when we didn't address it in FA
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by genus49:

I concur

No way we pass up elite talent at wr especially when we didn't address it in FA

And for passing up on those WRs, this mock is a NO for me, dawg.
First Vikings would never make the trade because it's too much for the 13th pick (-33%!!!!). Second, the Niners would never make that trade with Jeudy still on the board.

Besides Blacklock, the rest of the draft is below average at best. Why draft TWO safeties when the Niners re-signed Ward? The Niners need CB's so much more than safeties at this point.
Hate it
haha, well just trying to fill needs with blue chippers versus lots of low round draft picks. As far as safeties, Tartt and Ward are free agents next year.
Originally posted by Crash49:
haha, well just trying to fill needs with blue chippers versus lots of low round draft picks. As far as safeties, Tartt and Ward are free agents next year.

Ward just re-signed for three years.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Ward just re-signed for three years.

😂😂😂👍👍

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Hate it

I hate it that you're taking your sweet a$$ time on 2.0!

Serve it up NY!
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Tee Higgins is slow - he ran a 4.54 at his pro day which is the equivalent of ~4.65 at the combine. He's 6'4 with long arms and great body control like AJ Green so he'll still be a good red zone threat but 25 may be early in a draft this deep at WR.

He also had a 31" vertical and a 4.53 shuttle at his pro day which are terrible. Seems like we're reaching for Diggs and Higgins in this mock and may be better off keeping the 13th pick or targeting different players.

I agree. At 22 and 25 Jeff Gladney CB and Justin Jefferson would be two better selections at better value at the same positions. Not apposed to the trade but no point in drafting prospects that will probably fall to the 2nd round at 22 and 25. I do like Blacklock, Robinson and Jones picks.
jimmy ward has a back loaded contract. I'm sure the penny pinchers doesn't want to pay him 9 million for year 2 and 9 million for year 3
Share 49ersWebzone