LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

First ever mock draft

First ever mock draft.
I don't follow college football too much, but with the quarantine, I decided to play around with a draft simulator.
I used pro football network draft simulator .

Traded pick #31 to the Raiders for picks #80, #81, and #91

In this draft, Jeffery Okudah fell to us at #13

1. Bengals- QB Joe Burrow
2. Redskins- DE Chase Young
3. Lions - OLB Isiah Simmons
4. Giants - WE CeeDee Lamb
5. Dolphins - QB Tua
6. Chargers - OT Tristan Wirfs
7. Panthers - DT Javon Kinlaw
8. Cardinals - DT Derrick Brown
9. Jags - WR Rugg
10. Browns - OT Jedrick Wills
11. Jets - OLB K'Lavon Chaisson
12. Raiders - WR Jerry Jeudy
13. 49ers - CB Jeffery Okuduh

80. DT Jordon Elliot
81. G Robert Hunt
91. WR Chase Claypool
156. C Nick Harris
176. OLB Casey Toohill
210. RB Darius Anderson
217. DE Derrek Tuszka
245. S Daniel Thomas
[ Edited by braap49er on Mar 25, 2020 at 10:59 AM ]
If the top three WR's are off the board then getting Okudah would be a steal of the best player available. And it is a position of need.
I also like the Claypool pick. Big, fast, and fights for the jump ball. Can be a great red zone threat.
Lions got rid of Slay, pretty sure 99% chance they are selecting Okudah IMO.
Originally posted by Rathof44:

Ya this aint happening - Okudah is way to good to get this far, trust me I would love it though

Yup. But it was just how the draft simulator played out this time. It changes everytime.
Originally posted by braap49er:

Yup. But it was just how the draft simulator played out this time. It changes everytime.

My bad, missed the "draft simulator" part.
Like the trade down idea, but that trade is too much in the Raiders favor. The Niners would need more to give up a 1st round pick.

Agree with most everyone that Okudah won't fall that far. Like the picks from a positional standpoint, but none of the prospects really blow me away as a great value when you pick them. Decent mock.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I like the idea of the trade, but try to even out a trade where it's possible for both teams to do a hand shake ... I don't think the Gruden and Mayock will give up that much to land our 31st.. Mayock's smarter than that..

as for Okudah, landing him is like hitting the jockpot here.. .the only way we land Okudah is IF..

Detroit drafts him 3rd overall, then TUA is available when we draft 13 and we get a call from the Lions to hand is Okudah for Tua.. rare deal but THERE'S ALWAYS A FIRST TIME !!!
Originally posted by 9moon:
I like the idea of the trade, but try to even out a trade where it's possible for both teams to do a hand shake ... I don't think the Gruden and Mayock will give up that much to land our 31st.. Mayock's smarter than that..

as for Okudah, landing him is like hitting the jockpot here.. .the only way we land Okudah is IF..

Detroit drafts him 3rd overall, then TUA is available when we draft 13 and we get a call from the Lions to hand is Okudah for Tua.. rare deal but THERE'S ALWAYS A FIRST TIME !!!

Lol. Why wouldn't they just draft him 3rd overall then?

That's 2 mid round 3rds and a 4th for a #1 pick. I say that's fair for the raiders.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran

That's 2 mid round 3rds and a 4th for a #1 pick. I say that's fair for the raiders.

Simply because they don't feel him 3rd overall and would be surprise that he's there on the 13th..

Simply because they don't feel him 3rd overall and would be surprise that he's there on the 13th..

They would basically be trading the 3rd overall pick for the 13th overall pick. That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
that's why I posted it'll be a rare trade.. and if you CAN read between the lines, I'm basically saying that landing Okudah is NEXT to impossible..

that's why I posted it'll be a rare trade.. and if you CAN read between the lines, I'm basically saying that landing Okudah is NEXT to impossible..

This was a draft simulation... you ok?!! Nvm, this is normal Moon9 talk.
Share 49ersWebzone