9MOON's SF - MIAMI DEAL DRAFT

Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by genus49:
Why in the hell do we want Josh Rosen?

Bingo. Had to reread that part.

So Az has no desire to protect Murray?

Rosen is with Miami...

Just like the way we got Steve Young, Tampa was drafting Testaverde and decided to keep DeBerg to tutor him..

There is no future in CJ and Mullen.. they can compete and be THE 3rd string QB.. but Rosen can be solid..

We'll see if Rosen can be solid, couldn't beat out Fitzmagic and Miami's gonna draft Tua. Rosen has zero chance of beating that guy out.
You're definitely one of the weirdest dudes on this forum. Lol. Why the f**k would we want that bum Rosen. Hahahahahahahahaha
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Stopped reading at Josh Rosen.

... will you all be calling for Lynch and Shanny's head if Rosen was included to the package??

Of course not, Niners fans would surely ask why they added a backup QB who makes $4.5 million a year and couldn't beat out Old Man Fitzmagic. The Niners have a guy who already on the roster who makes 1/8th of that and proved he can play. That's just dumb.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by braap49er:
You're definitely one of the weirdest dudes on this forum. Lol. Why the f**k would we want that bum Rosen. Hahahahahahahahaha

the guy is still a talent.. he's got some unfinished work .. and again, how does it hurt to land a former 1st Rounder??

There's nothing to lose and lots to gain.. unless you rather get another extra late round pick between 6th to 7th ??

wait wait... are you just one of those fans that clap and bow down to every move that the management makes??

Did you do carwheels when we signed Varrett ??
Miami is a mess. I don't see them trading up when they have so many needs. Also unlikely that they would pass on QB with their first pick. 49ers don't really need to trade down either. Too much quality at 13, especially when they need WR.

the guy is still a talent.. he's got some unfinished work .. and again, how does it hurt to land a former 1st Rounder??

There's nothing to lose and lots to gain.. unless you rather get another extra late round pick between 6th to 7th ??

wait wait... are you just one of those fans that clap and bow down to every move that the management makes??

Every move the Niners make you hate and always want the opposite. Good thing they don't listen to you... we would never in a life time make it to the SB.
You didn't want Bosa, and I loved that we signed Verrett, very low risk with a very high reward. I would even sign him again this year for another shot.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran

Every move the Niners make you hate and always want the opposite. Good thing they don't listen to you... we would never in a life time make it to the SB.
You didn't want Bosa, and I loved that we signed Verrett, very low risk with a very high reward. I would even sign him again this year for another shot.

I was wrong about Bosa and admitted the fact but I wanted Allen who wasn't not as bad either...

Just to tickle you a bit, I hated the McKinney and Coleman signing because I saw STARS in the making on both Mostert and Wilson..

I didn't want Sanders and also hope that we were smart enough to trade Breida and Pettis while they were still HOT.. and look at them now?

OFF TOPIC, did you like the Bucko trade and the signing of Ward and AA??
Pettis never really got hot. Breida can still be traded, we have tendered him with a 2nd rounder.

I loved Bucker, I wish we were able to keep that front four together for at least another year. But getting the #13 pick for him when we were depleted of draft picks, on a draft that's pretty loaded across the board this year is amazing.
Bucker was suppose to blow up with the additions of Bosa and Ford but didn't.

AA had the better year IMO, and for almost half the price on a team friendly contract was the smarter play for our future.
AA has improved every year, and will continue to improve. Coming out of the draft he was raw but had so much potential. If I remember correctly I think he didn't have a lot of football experience compared to others who have played all their lives. And just needed time.

It also allowed us to keep Ward who is a top 10 safety in this league when healthy. The FO gets it, and I think we are very lucky to have this FO and hope we are able to keep them together for a long time.
[ Edited by braap49er on Mar 23, 2020 at 9:11 AM ]
Let's look at this trade in real time. The 49ers are on the clock at 13 and Miami needs a QB who's available. Their target is 13. To me 18 and 26 get that done and there's no need to include 31, 70 or the aforementioned Rosen. Miami gets their QB, retains picks 39, 56, and 70 and the 49ers now have 3 1's. 18,26, and 31.

I'd be happy with Thomas at 18, Mims at 26 and we'd still be able to draft a CB or IDL at 31.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by davidboutte:
Let's look at this trade in real time. The 49ers are on the clock at 13 and Miami needs a QB who's available. Their target is 13. To me 18 and 26 get that done and there's no need to include 31, 70 or the aforementioned Rosen. Miami gets their QB, retains picks 39, 56, and 70 and the 49ers now have 3 1's. 18,26, and 31.

I'd be happy with Thomas at 18, Mims at 26 and we'd still be able to draft a CB or IDL at 31.

IF you are running the show in SF, of course you would love for the deal that will land you 18 and 26 while not parting with 31.. .that's common sense..

BUT if you're Miami, 18 and 26 is too much for the 13th spot and I'm not even using the draft calculator alone... swaping the 26 to 31 plus a 3rd rounder basically just even out the POINTS.. and as for Rosen, he's a giveaway if Lynch ask for him because Miami landing the QB they want, and keeping Fitzy, just tells me that Rosen will not be needed.

It's almost like a " I'll even throw in Rosen a former 1st rounder who's still young just to get this deal done "..

Originally posted by davidboutte:

IF you are running the show in SF, of course you would love for the deal that will land you 18 and 26 while not parting with 31.. .that's common sense..

BUT if you're Miami, 18 and 26 is too much for the 13th spot and I'm not even using the draft calculator alone... swaping the 26 to 31 plus a 3rd rounder basically just even out the POINTS.. and as for Rosen, he's a giveaway if Lynch ask for him because Miami landing the QB they want, and keeping Fitzy, just tells me that Rosen will not be needed.

It's almost like a " I'll even throw in Rosen a former 1st rounder who's still young just to get this deal done "..

If I'm running SF and you want 13 it's gonna take 18 and 26 or 18,39 and 70. I don't want any part of Rosen or his guaranteed #10 draft slot salary. He's a bum and I have 3 QB's better, 2 making less and 1 I may have to cut because my roster is so deep. We can stay at 13 and draft a top 3 WR, a top 3 CB, a top 3 OT, or a top 3 IDL. That's why we gave up Buckner. We are not attempting to trade down from 13 unless we are blown away. So we have all the leverage.
At 18 the top 3 WR are gone. Top 3 CB gone. Top 2 IDL. Top 3-4 OT gone. Completely different tier of talent. We should be drafting a soon to be pro bowler at 13. Don't give that away. Don't take a salary dump and think it an asset.
Share 49ersWebzone