• Veteran
So what holes do we have?

1. Starting WR opposite Deebo
2. DT to replace Defo
3. Oline depth
4. LB depth
5. Could upgrade CB plus add depth
6. ER insurance

Quite a few holes and not a lot of quality picks. So how do we add Quantity without jeopardizing quality? I'm about to show you.

Trade 13 to DEN for Picks 15 & 83 (with Kinlaw available DEN wants to leap frog TB who also may be looking at Kinlaw as they have just lost Suh)
Trade 15 to DAL for picks 17, 123 & 164 (4th and 5th could squeeze a 3rd like DEN who has a slew of picks) DAL eyes on of the CB's and want to move in front of ATL who just lost Trufant and have a gaping hole at CB

Pick 17 Henry Ruggs WR, ALA
Pick 31 Ross Blacklock DT, TCU
Pick 83 Alton Robinson ER, Syracuse
Pick 123 Michael Ojemudia CB, Iowa
Pick 156 John Hightower, WR, Boise St.
Pick 164 Khaleke Hudson LB, Mich
Pick 176 Mitchell Wilcox TE, USF
Pick 210 Kyle Hinton G, Washburn
Pick 217 Alex Taylor OT, South Carolina St.
Pick 246 Jordan Fehr LB, App st.

Quality OL depth only really glaring weakness. Though Kyle seems to make it work.
I like the player selections. As with any mock, the trade scenarios aren't perfectly realistic. I do think the chances of Denver trading with us is high. However, I would think they trade to grab Ruggs.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
I like the player selections. As with any mock, the trade scenarios aren't perfectly realistic. I do think the chances of Denver trading with us is high. However, I would think they trade to grab Ruggs.

possibly, but as of right now Fangio has literally nothing on the DL
Thought I was looking at NYs new mock with 3 of the 1st 4 picks lol but I do like it, only thing is, I think you can find a better pass rusher then Robinson in the 3rd, I like Anae at that spot.
Originally posted by krizay:

Von, Jones, Casey, Chubb is pretty strong

Yup, both Miller and Chubb are elite and Casey has always been a good player.
Originally posted by jersey49er:

They have a top 5 dl
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:

They have a top 5 dl

Wouldn't Miller and Chubb be more OLB's in Fangio's system?
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

They have a top 5 dl

Wouldn't Miller and Chubb be more OLB's in Fangio's system?

Casey and Chubb are pro bowlers and miller is elite and plays on the line like Aldon smith did and Mack does. Their line is sick
[ Edited by elguapo on Mar 20, 2020 at 2:46 AM ]

I don't know that we have a lot of holes to fill. We have things that we can improve on, but we've got a great roster still.

I don't think Denver moves up and doesn't grab Ruggs or another WR. Sounds like it's a terribly kept secret they love Ruggs to stretch the field opposite Sutton. Could be a smokescreen, but that's the early chatter.

I think the draft lines up well with our needs and pick selections. While I could see us trade down for more picks...remember what things were like in the Harbaugh days. It doesn't make sense to stockpile a bunch of picks if those guys can't make the roster. Depth and special teams players will be good to grab, but I think I'd rather grab some top tier talent when available to enhance this roster.

A Jerry Jeudy/Ceedee Lamb type could really set us up for elite talent around the offense and help provide ascending weapons as George gets further in his career. While George is still a beast, his playing style will eventually slow him down a bit, and having other guys available to make plays will only help everyone. Imagine those falcons teams with Julio, Roddy White, and Tony Gonzalez! Could be very similar with Deebo, Jeudy, Kittle?

That's the fun of the mocks - hearing everyone's different opinions and strategies! Thanks for throwing it together!
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Casey and Chubb are pro bowlers and miller is elite and plays on the line like Aldon smith did and Mack does. Their line is sick

According to the site i use Casey is no longer on the team. And as been mentioned remember DEN is a 3-4 team

According to the site i use Casey is no longer on the team. And as been mentioned remember DEN is a 3-4 team

Site must be old or lazy. They traded for him.

https://titanswire.usatoday.com/2020/03/19/jurrell-casey-super-motivated-trade-tennessee-titans/
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Mar 20, 2020 at 8:29 AM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Site must be old or lazy. They traded for him.

https://titanswire.usatoday.com/2020/03/19/jurrell-casey-super-motivated-trade-tennessee-titans/
Share 49ersWebzone