LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 408 users in the forums

A realistic take on free agency and the draft post combine

Free Agency
Let Ward, Sanders walk
Resign Blair, Day, Bourne

Cut- Goodwin if no trade
Restructure McKinnon- owed 8 million this year with a 4 million dead cap if we cut him. He wants to stay. 2 years 6 million. He's then basically free this year cap wise. Actually saves us a mil

Sign WR Breshad Perriman Bucs- 6'2" 215 speed guy. Size, speed we lack. Fits nicely alongside Deebo. We get the 26 year old who's 3rd banana in Tampa. After signing a one year prove it deal Perriman broke out in 4 late season starts with 300+ yards and 3tds. Averaged 18 ypr. While he won't attract huge money I could see him being a much younger and better option for less money then Sanders would cost. 3 years 24 million and year 3 is a mutual option. 6 million signing bonus. 2 million year 1 base salary. 4 million cap hit. Sportrac had his contract estimate at 2 years 17.5 million. He hits free agency again at 28 or 29. His contract expires when it's time to pay Deebo. Bourne, Hurd, Taylor fall in line and our position group along with Jefferson in the draft solidifies our WR room. At 26 Perriman becomes our oldest WR.

Extend Buckner, Kittle, juice,

Buckner has a 14.6 million cap number. I believe Buck gets 6 years, 100+ mill. Yet lowers his cap figure

Kittle rewrites TE value. Our offensive MVP. 5/75

Juice- add a couple years and similar money and lower cap number

Trade AA to Cleveland for #41

So In review of free agency we had 3 big decisions. AA, Sanders and Ward. AA gets traded and we draft a cheaper younger hopefully more durable replacement and don't miss a beat. Sanders gets replaced by a bigger, younger faster, and better rising WR for similar money. The big thing is we get an improving player rather then a declining one. Ward we replace with T Moore. Several other options in free agency cheaper then Ward. Ha Ha and D Randle might interest us if we aren't overly confident in T Moore

Trade #31 to Miami for #39 and #70
Miami misses on a top 4 OT at #18 and jumps back into 1st to grab one from tier 2
They take Tua at 5, Fulton at 18, and their favorite RB at 26.

Trade #70 to Raiders for #81 and #91
Raiders take Jalen Hurts at 70

We package our two 5ths for an early 4th

We finish with 39, 41, 81, 91, the early 4th, our 6th and 2 7th

Draft

39- AJ Terrell CB Clemson- Sherman won't last forever. Moseley was solid. Witherspoon up and down. Let's add some talent and see how things sort out

41- Ross Blacklock DT TCU- paying Buckner and later Bosa is inevitable. We gotta get some cheaper options on the DL. Most of our depth has injury history, recent or recurring. Another investment. Blacklock is the type of penetrating inside rusher we lose in Armstead. Another similar prospect Neville Gallimore would be a similar option in this range. Depth is Buckner, DJ Jones, Thomas, Blacklock, Day

81- Julian Okwara Edge Notre Dame- 2020 is essentially the last guaranteed year of Dee Fords deal. If he's healthy he's worth every penny. Realistically he'll need a replacement sooner then later. Bosa, Ford, Blair, Okwara, Moore. Position handled. I'm not huge on this prospect but saw this spot as a reasonable place to draft a day 2 Edge prospect. Several others considered.

91- Van Jefferson WR Florida- Briefly this guy is a Shanahan dream. Runs the dopest routes in the class. Family bloodlines. More nuanced and refined then many nfl vets. Will see the field year 1. Longterm number 2. Hurd and Taylor injuries lingered and have me being cautiously optimistic. But prepared.

4th- Tyler Biadasz Center Wisconsin- entered this season as IOL1. Didn't have a great year and stock is down. We buy low on our potential center of the future. Compete with Brunskill at RG. Replaces UFA Garland

6th and 7th throw darts at DB's and Perhaps a RB.
[ Edited by davidboutte on Mar 12, 2020 at 9:29 PM ]
It would look like this

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mockdraft/vh5LbBy607
While I truly love the draft, why trade down from 31 when we got a 2nd for AA ? In your mock you have guys like Gross-Matos, McKinney, Delpit available at 31, while at 41 for AA we could still draft Terrell or Blacklock, or lots of other players with potential, I think trading down from the 2nd we got from AA would be the move And recoup a later 2nd and 4th bc I personally would not pass on the any of the 3 players I mentioned. Gross- Matos takes over for Ford in a year, save lots of $, or Delpit or McKinney start at FS and become Impact players on this D.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
While I truly love the draft, why trade down from 31 when we got a 2nd for AA ? In your mock you have guys like Gross-Matos, McKinney, Delpit available at 31, while at 41 for AA we could still draft Terrell or Blacklock, or lots of other players with potential, I think trading down from the 2nd we got from AA would be the move And recoup a later 2nd and 4th bc I personally would not pass on the any of the 3 players I mentioned. Gross- Matos takes over for Ford in a year, save lots of $, or Delpit or McKinney start at FS and become Impact players on this D.

I'm not as high on those 3 players. In fact most of the players I would have wanted at 31 Ruiz, Mims, were gone already.
Not a fan of Perriman and I can't see how SF doesn't sign at least one of their FAs.

Like the Terrell pick. I like Blacklock not sure they invest in a DT that high.

Jefferson is meh to me. Great route runner but is allergic to contact. We have that in Pettis currently. He's also gonna be 24 when the season starts.

Overall wouldn't hate the draft not a fan of FA though. Thanks for the mock
Nice mock but given the way your trades and other team's picks went down then this would definitely be the direction I would go in

Xavier McKinney
Brandon Aiyuk
Julian Okwara
Damien Lewis
Tyler Biadasz

I tried to just go who I thought would be BPA which is why I'd walk away with two IOL guys. Thankfully Biadasz if healthy can be a quality C or G...and those may be the spots we need to replace/upgrade.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Not a fan of Perriman and I can't see how SF doesn't sign at least one of their FAs.

Like the Terrell pick. I like Blacklock not sure they invest in a DT that high.

Jefferson is meh to me. Great route runner but is allergic to contact. We have that in Pettis currently. He's also gonna be 24 when the season starts.

Overall wouldn't hate the draft not a fan of FA though. Thanks for the mock

Son of a b***h NY , I swear most of the stuff you post I completely agree on and post some of the same material. I was going to literally post every single thing that you said. Mainly we are going to keep at least one of our free agents and I think we sign AA long term. I don't like Perriman I really think Terrel and Blacklock are good but there's no way we draft yet another defensive tackle that high unless we lose AA.

On a sidenote I know we are right about Tevin Coleman. We're not saying he's bad we're just saying he's not that good. And he's definitely not worth $5 million in our cap situation.

[ Edited by elguapo on Mar 13, 2020 at 12:28 PM ]
Originally posted by elguapo:
Son of a b***h NY , I swear most of the stuff you post I completely agree on and post some of the same material. I was going to literally post every single thing that you said. Mainly we are going to keep at least one of our free agents and I think we sign AA long term. I don't like Perriman I really think Terrel and Blacklock are good but there's no way we draft yet another defensive tackle that high unless we lose AA.

On a sidenote I know we are right about Tevin Coleman. We're not saying he's bad we're just saying he's not that good. And he's definitely not worth $5 million in our cap situation.

Originally posted by genus49:
Nice mock but given the way your trades and other team's picks went down then this would definitely be the direction I would go in

Xavier McKinney
Brandon Aiyuk
Julian Okwara
Damien Lewis
Tyler Biadasz

I tried to just go who I thought would be BPA which is why I'd walk away with two IOL guys. Thankfully Biadasz if healthy can be a quality C or G...and those may be the spots we need to replace/upgrade.

That would be a nice haul. My goal was to afford our building blocks in Buck and Kittle and keep an eye on bosa, Warner, Deebo in the future. Ending up with 39,41, 81,91 and 115 we'd have a lot of possible combinations to address our needs. Thx for your thoughts. I'm not sure there's a Deebo at 31. I don't think Mckinney or Delpit fixes FS. We have as good a roster as any nfl team. Drafting day 1 starters won't be easy, especially with our current draft slots
Share 49ersWebzone