LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

Kriz' pre Free Agency mock

• krizay
  • Veteran
In my mock, i'm looking to fill holes while also, keeping our strengths our strengths. I have us resigning Ward, while trading Armstead and Goodwin. Also, with my mock we can either resign Sanders. Go after a Gabriel or stand pat.

The trades!
Armstead and our late 5th(177ish) to Joe Woods and the Browns for #41 and #105
Goodwin to the Colts for their late 6th (212ish)
Trade 31 to DEN for 46 & 83
I also have us trading back into the 4th round. our early 5th(157ish) & the Colts'(212ish) to Balt for 134(ish)

#41- Jeff Gladney CB, TCU If the SB taught us anything we need speed on the back end. Worst case scenario is Eman balls out and Gladney sits until next year when he takes over for Sherm. (would also be ok with AJ Terrell here)

#46 Brandon Aiyuk WR, ASU So many different WRs here i liked. I really love Reagor's speed but he seems like a 50% player. Where he would only be on the field half the time. Plus in watching some games of Reagor he dropped some pretty routine balls. I loves Mims Size/Speed/contested catching. Be he didn't offer much in the way of YAC. Aiyuk, don't have their speed but has enough speed. While having the size/YAC etc to be more of an every down kind of player.

#83 Khalid Kareem DE, ND Kareem will essentially replace Armstead. Play Base end, then kick instead on passing downs. Helps allow us to keep out strength our strength.

#105 Jonah Jackson G/C OSU Our IOL needs an over haul. Jackson should be able to compete for a starting OG spot DAY 1. Allowing the loser to add much needed depth to our IOL. While also having the ability to slide over to C if need be.

#134 Alton Robinson ER Syracuse Robinson will essentially be depth in year 1 grooming to take over for Dee Ford in 2021. A move that would save a bunch of money. While still keeping our strength our strength.

#211 Cameron Brown LB, Penn St. Brown is a smaller athletic guy that will be the Kwon Alexander/Greenlaw insurance. Greenlaw all but took Alexander's job. Kwon almost certainly will be cut next year to save a boatload of money. So we add depth at LB for this year while gearing up to replace Kwon next year.

#218 Justin Herron OT/OG Wake Forest More depth on the OL. With Herron allegedly being a zone OL that can play OT and OG more competition on the back end of the OL

#246 Gabe Nabers FB/TE FSU Juice's contract also up next year. I highly doubt he goes anywhere but Nabers is a player to groom here nonetheless.

This mock allows us to keep almost all of our core players here from last year. While also replacing the high priced guys we can let go next year.

I still want a play making FS ( looking at you Richie Grant, UCF). Wanted to mock him to us with the trade up but made more sense to resign Ward. and use the pick on something else. I also wanted to find a place for Llynn Bowden. Just the thought of being able to use Bowden as a QB/RB/WR sounds fun. I really want me a Taysom Hill kind of player.
Game speed and track speed are very different. Aiyuk gets to top speed quickly coming in and out of his breaks.

Aiyuk and Kareem are two of my draft crushes.

A+ from me.
I like it DB, OL and WR help with a sprinkle of other positions.
Alton Robinson seems a good 3rd down rusher
Like the trades, even if the Niners lose Armstead in the process. Solid mock which hits all the major needs in the secondary, IOL, edge rusher, and WR. Nicely done.
Dig the trades and first two picks. Jonah Jackson will be gone by end of 3rd IMO. Kareem may last much longer. I think flipping those two is more likely realistic. Nice job
I'm looking to fill holes also! Nice mock
Share 49ersWebzone