LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 398 users in the forums

NYniner85 post-combine mock

Really nice mock draft. I wanna change your pittman pick to maybe to a dt pick. I know he's good but we already have a 6'5 wr we drafted last year. But overall i like your picks
Originally posted by Vai5684:
Really nice mock draft. I wanna change your pittman pick to maybe to a dt pick. I know he's good but we already have a 6'5 wr we drafted last year. But overall i like your picks

Thanks.

FWIW we have no idea where Hurd is at with his injuries. Pittman isn't the same WR as Hurd anyway. Pittman can play outside and Hurd IMO is a big slot WR who can be used in the backfield as well.

DT imo is one of the positions I think we're fine at overall. Getting taylor/DJ back will be good.

I'm gonna very disappointed if they don't take a WR from this epic draft class. End of the day just draft good players and there's plenty at WR.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 3, 2020 at 10:28 AM ]
Now this is a mock of someone who understands the true team needs of this team IMHO. Beautiful job.

Ruiz is a brilliant pick because of the security he adds inside. If Richburg does get and stays healthy, an OL with Staley, Tomlinson, Richburg, Ruiz and McGlinchey could become one of the best OL units in the game at both run blocking AND pass protection (our clear #1 weakness). If Richburg does not regain form, Ruiz is your C until Richburg is healthy with Person/Brunskill competing at RG. Still very solid.

Next, as we saw with Sanders, this team badly needed a true feature XWR. Imagine Sanders role but with Pittman's body, size and speed. Crocker loves him and he's rarely wrong about WR assessments. If X is too much too early, Deebo is ready for the next step and Pittman can play his Z role.

You got security with a speed ER (for Ford) and added more competition at CB and S. I'm also in the camp that T.Moore is ready.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by genus49:
I don't hate Pittman just don't see Kyle liking him as much with those early picks but could def be wrong. His numbers were pretty shocking given his size but similar to Mims I don't think he plays as fast as he timed.

Boy I disagree on that. If you're looking at numbers he's one of the only WRs that fits what kyle likes...

Kid can run routes, he's got real downfield play making ability (think mike Evans from that aspect), is tough, is all football, can block.

I obviously like other guys a little more. But I think they're gonna go for value (depending on trade downs of course).

One of Crocker's biggest compliments was how smooth his hips are and the fact that he doesn't move like a guy that big at all. He's an excellent route runner.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Now this is a mock of someone who understands the true team needs of this team IMHO. Beautiful job.

Ruiz is a brilliant pick because of the security he adds inside. If Richburg does get and stays healthy, an OL with Staley, Tomlinson, Richburg, Ruiz and McGlinchey could become one of the best OL units in the game at both run blocking AND pass protection (our clear #1 weakness). If Richburg does not regain form, Ruiz is your C until Richburg is healthy with Person/Brunskill competing at RG. Still very solid.

Next, as we saw with Sanders, this team badly needed a true feature XWR. Imagine Sanders role but with Pittman's body, size and speed. Crocker loves him and he's rarely wrong about WR assessments. If X is too much too early, Deebo is ready for the next step and Pittman can play his Z role.

You got security with a speed ER (for Ford) and added more competition at CB and S. I'm also in the camp that T.Moore is ready.

HA I knew you'd like this mock

thanks man
One of Crocker's biggest compliments was how smooth his hips are and the fact that he doesn't move like a guy that big at all. He's an excellent route runner.

Yeah not sure why people are down on him in here to be honest

-big/strong
-quality route-runner
-can play on the outside/inside
-tough/loves to block
-NEVER drops the ball
-fast for his size
-not stiff
-NFL bloodline

I have other guys ranked higher for sure BUT his value is stupid good IMO.

Yeah not sure why people are down on him in here to be honest

-big/strong
-quality route-runner
-can play on the outside/inside
-tough/loves to block
-NEVER drops the ball
-fast for his size
-not stiff
-NFL bloodline

I have other guys ranked higher for sure BUT his value is stupid good IMO.

The issue is all the WRs are good value this year... that's what happens when there's a position group with so much talent in one draft.

I really like Ruiz. Like a lot. But KS loves YAC WRs and I wouldn't really say that's Pittman's game.

We're splitting hairs now because your mock is my favorite (other than my own obviously ).

Question though... if we let Sanders walk would we get a comp pick this year or next?
Damn NY ! Where's our boy Mims ? Lol I guess it would be him or Ruiz at that pick bc he won't make it to 70th, but I do love the Ruiz pick, like the Pittman pick but I think since you're letting Ward walk a S would be the pick at that point, love the Highsmith pick too, and Stone that late would be a steal, he's just a great player IMO overall nice mock !
Originally posted by Waterbear:
The issue is all the WRs are good value this year... that's what happens when there's a position group with so much talent in one draft.

I really like Ruiz. Like a lot. But KS loves YAC WRs and I wouldn't really say that's Pittman's game.

We're splitting hairs now because your mock is my favorite (other than my own obviously ).

Question though... if we let Sanders walk would we get a comp pick this year or next?

That's fair....there's a reason Pittman isn't a top 50 pick, he's not elite at getting YAC. I do think scheme plays a part of that as well.

If Hurd is seriously hurt he's a good backup plan for that big-bodied WR with good movement skills and RZ ability

Comp would be next yr for anyone we lost this yr.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Damn NY ! Where's our boy Mims ? Lol I guess it would be him or Ruiz at that pick bc he won't make it to 70th, but I do love the Ruiz pick, like the Pittman pick but I think since you're letting Ward walk a S would be the pick at that point, love the Highsmith pick too, and Stone that late would be a steal, he's just a great player IMO overall nice mock !

Yeah I love me some Mims, he brings another element to the WR group. Just think his combine and SB pushed him up too far. Aiyuk Would be awesome as well but like you said it's Ruiz or WR and I think the IOL group isn't as deep as WR. I could switch that around next mock with a little more homework on the IOL.

Honestly I'm not really a fan of the safety class overall. I need to watch more of Whitfield but his 40x doesn't really match his film (from what I saw). I like Davis from Cal. He reminds me of Darnell savage. Maybe he drops?

I just think Moore is a good player who needs at least a full off season to play S.

Originally posted by jersey49er:

Yeah I love me some Mims, he brings another element to the WR group. Just think his combine and SB pushed him up too far. Aiyuk Would be awesome as well but like you said it's Ruiz or WR and I think the IOL group isn't as deep as WR. I could switch that around next mock with a little more homework on the IOL.

Honestly I'm not really a fan of the safety class overall. I need to watch more of Whitfield but his 40x doesn't really match his film (from what I saw). I like Davis from Cal. He reminds me of Darnell savage. Maybe he drops?

I just think Moore is a good player who needs at least a full off season to play S.

I understand, other then Delpit, McKinney, Winfield, and Davis I'm not to familiar with the rest, I like Myles Dorn out of UNC but think he's more a SS. I'd just like some Comp from a rookie for Moore.

HA I knew you'd like this mock

thanks man

I am on board with it for sure. Excellent mock NY. I have been saying for a while that Moore should start at safety even though he took some bad angles this year ward never gets turnovers and I mean never. He's solid but as we all know we needed a play maker in the Super Bowl and going forward. So we might get burned for a few more yards or a touchdown or two however we will get the interceptions and that's what we need the most.

We have not had good inside protection on a quarterback since Jeff Garcia so in my opinion that is our number one need. That is my first pic as well, a guard that can play center or vice versa.

I would say We need a receiver so it looks like Pettis or in my opinion James might be on the outside looking in. We really have too many receivers that are going to make the team so if we draft a good one I would say James or Pettis is gone. Which is fine by me, I hope it's James. I still have blind hope that Dante can return punts like he did in college as the all time best punt returner. He better get his s**t together.

Then I would go corner or safety but you got that covered. Nice job. Before people start b***hing that we don't have many draft picks, on the other hand we don't have many spots open to make the team even as backup players. I think the Niners tree down for sure unless the option is too good to pass up.
Originally posted by elguapo:
I am on board with it for sure. Excellent mock NY. I have been saying for a while that Moore should start at safety even though he took some bad angles this year ward never gets turnovers and I mean never. He's solid but as we all know we needed a play maker in the Super Bowl and going forward. So we might get burned for a few more yards or a touchdown or two however we will get the interceptions and that's what we need the most.

We have not had good inside protection on a quarterback since Jeff Garcia so in my opinion that is our number one need. That is my first pic as well, a guard that can play center or vice versa.

I would say We need a receiver so it looks like Pettis or in my opinion James might be on the outside looking in. We really have too many receivers that are going to make the team so if we draft a good one I would say James or Pettis is gone. Which is fine by me, I hope it's James. I still have blind hope that Dante can return punts like he did in college as the all time best punt returner. He better get his s**t together.

Then I would go corner or safety but you got that covered. Nice job. Before people start b***hing that we don't have many draft picks, on the other hand we don't have many spots open to make the team even as backup players. I think the Niners tree down for sure unless the option is too good to pass up.

thanks man.

yeah we don't need 10 picks or anything like that. Our starters for the most part are set and we have depth. Competition is needed at a couple places and I think we get it with this draft.
To your point.

i really like your offseason moves and draft. no need to keep solomon thomas a high draft pick, high paid rotational DL guy who will play maybe 30% of the teams snaps when we need that roster spot for contributors. cut the dead weight, if we can get a late pick s**t even a 6th or 7th rounder out of it then hell ya that only helps us. even if we dont, cut the dead weight we dont have room for that anymore. i would make adjustments to find a way to keep E Sanders though. i think we still need him and they used 2 mid rd picks on him last season, i think if they used those 2 picks just for a 10 game rental thatd be a horrible use of resources.

i really like your picks too except id definitely go CB with our 2nd pick instead of WR. CB is a much bigger need than WR and theres no question about that. were fortunate to be a team with not many needs but we do still have 2.....speed at CB and IOL pass pro. had we had better pass pro we win the SB. so i think its up to the team to go with the best guy available at those two positions when we make our first pick, and then pick up the best available guy at the other position when we pick next. just get the best CB and C/G we can an then all the other picks after that are BPA. We dont have many holes.

ya a big playmaking WR is always a fun cool idea. but wev dumped resource after resource into the WR group. we have more that can make the team now that position is turning into the same thing our DL position is, too many guys to get on the field. we need to see what hurd and taylor can do before we add there i think. thats why E sanders should come back, his talent and leadership can get us through that needed growth there.

also i think it might be smarter to do some more restructuring to free up some more money and acquire that needed CB or G in FA instead of the draft. get a provne guy thats shown he can do it. then that frees up our second draft pick for shanny to use on some WR hel fall in love with an overdraft again like he does every year (pettis, possibly hurd)
Share 49ersWebzone