LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 232 users in the forums

My after Senior Bowl Draft

32 Tyler Biadasz, IOL Wisconsin (He has dropped in a lot of Boards, Still best C/G in the Draft)

138 Jeremy Chinn, S Southern Illinois (5th round Steal)

159 Jauan Jennings, WR Tennessee (Big Playmaker)

191 Binjimen Victor, WR Ohio State (checks all the right boxes)

194 A.J. Green, CB Oklahoma State (a project)

223 Logan Wilson, LB Wyoming (could be a contributor right away)
Do you think the Niners should try and recoup some of the picks they traded away for Ford and Sanders? Niners have two WR's coming off of IR next year. Still set on drafting two or should the Niners pick to handle other needs (pass rusher)?
No Edge?
Originally posted by English:
No Edge?
The 49ers do not need more DL help at all We have a plethora of DL, we just had bad luck injury-wise
as long as Armstead is resigned they are fine
I would always bring in some UDFAs to maybe place on the PS
We don't have that many picks to use anyway
Do I agree we should trade for more picks? Absolutely!
For now I just consider what we currently have
Originally posted by Orlando49erfan:
No Edge?
The 49ers do not need more DL help at all We have a plethora of DL, we just had bad luck injury-wise

no, they need edge help. They should always be bringing in depth at edge. I don't think they need to draft two WRs.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
no, they need edge help. They should always be bringing in depth at edge. I don't think they need to draft two WRs.
They can have a rotation right now of all these guys
Nick Bosa
Dee Ford
Deforest Buckner
Arik Armstead
Solomon Thomas
Ronald Blair
Damontre Moore
Kentavious Street
Julius Taylor
I know half of these guys are injured right now and a few are better off playing inside
That is still a heck of a rotation

WRs
Emmanuel Sanders
Deebo Samuels
Kendrick Bourne
Ritchie James
Dante Pettis
Trent Taylor
Marquis Goodwin
Jalen Hurd
Jordan Matthews (on Active Roster)
Shawn Poindenter
I see Pettis, Goodwin, Matthews good as gone!
Taylor will need to fight for a Roster spot with James
So Yes we can draft 2 WR's
[ Edited by Orlando49erfan on Jan 30, 2020 at 9:04 AM ]
Binjimen Victor is an extremely long and rangy receiver with terrific measurables and excellent ball skills as well as timed speed. He has boat loads of talent. Victor is a long strider, a fluid mover with an impressive wingspan and he has outstanding hand eye coordination. Binjimen Victor will win his matchups and one on ones. He compares favorably to an AJ Green type of receiver with the things he's able to do in jump situations and on deep routes. He's pretty polished with his work on the stem and looks deliberate with his route breaks. Hard to envision him not being a good route runner when it is all said and done. Not very clear how diverse his release package is and ability to handle long, physical press corners is a bit of an unknown.
Best Trait - Fluidity

Worst Trait - Functional Strength

Binjimen Victor brings some developmental upside to the NFL level. Victor is a fairly polished route runner thanks to his work with OSU WRs coach Brian Hartline, but he will still need some time in order to add functional strength and some bulk to his frame in order to build out a more viable perimeter profile as a receiver. Victor has good ball skills, slippery moves after the catch and strong hands — he has a complimentary role in an NFL WRs room. Best in a vertical passing offense

(Obtained from NFL Draft Bible & The Draft Network)

There is a whole thread on Jennings...

Jauan Jennings Scouting Report

Athleticism: Jauan Jennings is not a burner by any stretch of the imagination. Actually, he's quite slow. His forty time could be sub 4.7. He's quick in and out of his breaks and creates space with his ability to turn and go on a dime. Jennings has a lot of core strength, something that will play a major advantage for him after the catch.
Release/Route Running: Jennings is a good route runner, but could still use some refining with his footwork to increase his consistency. He's played in a couple of different systems that used his skill set in different ways but really thrived under Jim Chaney.
Catching Ability: Excellent contested catch ability, will make the spectacular grab. Sometimes struggles to corral routine catches, something that he will need to be more consistent with.
Field Vision/Contact Balance: Jennings is like a running back after the catch. Very difficult to bring down in the open field. Has excellent core strength that allows him to out-muscle secondary defenders. See's the field well and moves to space.
Blocking Ability: Jennings is one of the better blockers in this position group. Locks defensive backs well while engaged and uses his strength to move them down field.
Leadership/Personality: There are a lot concerns about Jennings personality. From stomping on a rivals head during a game to being kicked off of the team at one point, Jennings brings some serious concerns about maturity and long term longevity in the NFL.
Overall: Jennings is a solid prospect, in the sense that he will bring a very physical presence to the team. He can make great catches and extend plays with his brute strength. However, teams want to know if he's all flash and if he will be consistent. Until teams know, it's hard to make Jennings anything more than day three value. (Draftrite)

Jennings is a big time player. He wants the ball in the biggest moments and often comes through. His best attribute is his perseverance both to go get the ball and then what to do after it. He's not a burner that will torch you down the sidelines, but his is a determined receiver with and without the ball. Is not afraid to go full speed into defenders for blocks. Stronger than he is sudden when running routes. Has been used as an inside and outside receiver. He's a possession-type receiver with that extra fight in him.
On the negative side he rounds his routes more than he does cut them on a dime. He's more smooth than sudden. Can get up to a decent top speed, but it's a momentum kind of acceleration, not a step-and-burst. Will not be one to burn NFL defensive backs down the sidelines. (The draft Network)

Jennings is a perfect fit for Shanahan and the 49ers offense he just needs some polishing
A possession receiver who excels in YAC and loves to block
I can see Shanahan drooling if he saw him play
[ Edited by Orlando49erfan on Jan 30, 2020 at 10:24 AM ]
Victor would be a wasted draft pick, as would any late rounder IMO

Deebo
Bourne
Hurd
Taylor
Sanders (resigned?)
Mathews (?)

So we have 4 guys, one we may resign, one on roster bubble. Goodwin will be released, Pettis was a terrible pick we traded up for. Bygones. We can draft someone at 31 if we don't resign Sanders or sign someone for depth. 2? No. stop
Originally posted by Orlando49erfan:
No Edge?

Watch how you throw that plethora word around buddy! Nice I love it! If we re-sign Blair and Moore comes back we are fine with edge depth. There's no way we draft more than one receiver especially since Hurd and Trent Taylor are going to be back

Most likely the 49ers will trade down out of the first round. I also think the best guard that plays center might have to strongly be considered with our first pick whether it be at the end of the first round or the second round.
Share 49ersWebzone