LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 142 users in the forums

Newest Jersey Mock Offseason

Cold and snowing = new mock, enjoy and critique as much as possible, ty..

Cuts

Goodwin
McKinnon
Nzchoa

Resign

Armstead 4 yrs 32 million
Blair 3 yrs 12 million
Celek 1 yr

Extend

Buckner 5 yrs 80 million
Kittle 5 yrs 50 million

Restructure

Garoppolo ( according to AB this would reduce his 2020 cap hit to the lowest by adding 2 yrs and would create over 19 million in cap space

Ford ( save 10 million )

Free agents signed

WR AJ Green 3 yrs 42 million
( it was either resign Sanders for 8-10 million or spend the extra 5 for AJ, and assuming he's healthy I'd spend the extra 5 yearly for AJ who I think is still a super star in this league, AJ, Deebo, Kittle equals nightmares for defenses IMO )

DE Derek Wolfe 2 yrs 8 million

Trades

Try to trade CJ and Taylor for future late picks

Our 1st for a 2nd, 4th and 4th next year

Broncos early 5th and Solomon Thomas for a late 3rd

2020 NFL DRAFT

Rd 2 S out of Bama Xavier McKinney

Rd 3 WR out of OSU KJ Hill

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oC7A5JVjMDU

Rd 4 OL out of Oregon Calvin Throckmorton

Rd 5 CB out of FSU Levonta Taylor

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp6n2VoHJyc

Rd 6 LB out of South Carolina TJ Brunson

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BVnO6cl_Huk

Rd 7 DL out of Texas Malcolm Roach

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ndzs-a98ooM

Rd 7 C out of Clemson Sean Pollard

Roster

Jimmy G - Mullens
Breida - Coleman - Mostert
Juice
Kittle - Dwelley - Celek
AJ - Deebo - Hill - Hurd - Pettis - Bourne - James
Staley- Skule
Tomlinson- Throckmorton
Richburg - Pollard
Person
Mcglinchey - Brunskill

Ford - Blair
AA - Jones - Street
Buckner - Taylor - Roach
Bosa - Wolfe
Greenlaw - Al Shaair
Warner - Lee
Kwon - Brunson
Sherman - AK - Williams - Eman - Taylor - Reed
Tartt - Harris
McKinney - Moore

Nelson
Gould
Wish

I could be wrong but after everything the niners should be around $60 million in cap room and with every signing they should cost around $54, but with how Paraag works I'd expect him to back end some contracts bc the cap will be going up a nice amount in the future..
[ Edited by jersey49er on Dec 2, 2019 at 5:49 PM ]
You won't be able to resign Armstead on 8mil a year.
Originally posted by Alfienator:
You won't be able to resign Armstead on 8mil a year.

I don't think he signs for anymore then 10 honestly and hopefully takes a little bit of a discount but I tried to fit everything in the cap space available..

According to AB, if you restructure Jimmy G and Dee Ford they could save up to 30 million in cap space, plus cutting Goodwin and McKinnon will save some more, and I believe they will carry over 16 million so they could end up with over $45 million to resign and sign players, plus whatever trading Thomas brings back
[ Edited by jersey49er on Dec 2, 2019 at 5:18 PM ]
zero chance you get AA for 4 yrs $32M. IMO we can HOPE for a Sheldon Richardson type contract (3 yrs $37M). Big no thank you to AJ Green...I want no part of paying a 30+ yr old WR $14M per coming off a yr long injury. I'd much rather resign Sanders for like half of that.

Who do you have us trading down with? Love me some Xavier McKinney (you know this ) not sure he last until the 2nd though.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
zero chance you get AA for 4 yrs $32M. IMO we can HOPE for a Sheldon Richardson type contract (3 yrs $37M). Big no thank you to AJ Green...I want no part of paying a 30+ yr old WR $14M per coming off a yr long injury. I'd much rather resign Sanders for like half of that.

Who do you have us trading down with? Love me some Xavier McKinney (you know this ) not sure he last until the 2nd though.

I agree with NY. Armstead will be looking at $ 12 million per minimum based on his monster season. Would like to franchise him for a year and then see what happens the year after. Also would like to sign Sanders rather than AJ solely based on the dollars and the fact that Sanders is healthier than AJ has been.

I would be talking to the Dolphins about their early second round pick and their projected comp pick (late 3rd round) for our late first round selection.

Love the McKinney, Throckmorton (can play all 5 OL positions) and TJ Brunson picks. Nice mock!

Yeah I know it's wishful thinking AA signs that deal but idk if I'm cool with giving him anymore then $10 million a year, too many important signings coming up IMO, tho he's proven to be one of them, if Sanders wants anymore then $8 yearly idk if I'm cool with that, I think AJ not playing at all this year is a positive, thinking he will come into camp at 100% and good to go, he's still a monster and in Shanahan scheme he'd flourish, like m_brock said Miami would be 1 team I'd talk to, they have a lot of holes to fill, and after it's all said and done McKinney might be out of reach with our 1st round pick in all honesty..
[ Edited by jersey49er on Dec 3, 2019 at 8:25 PM ]
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

I agree with NY. Armstead will be looking at $ 12 million per minimum based on his monster season. Would like to franchise him for a year and then see what happens the year after. Also would like to sign Sanders rather than AJ solely based on the dollars and the fact that Sanders is healthier than AJ has been.

I would be talking to the Dolphins about their early second round pick and their projected comp pick (late 3rd round) for our late first round selection.

Love the McKinney, Throckmorton (can play all 5 OL positions) and TJ Brunson picks. Nice mock!

Thanks, cool to see another Brunson fan, he's my sleeper at LBer
Originally posted by jersey49er:

Yeah I know it's wishful thinking AA signs that deal but idk if I'm cool with giving him anymore then $10 million a year, too many important signings coming up IMO, tho he's proven to be one of them, if Sanders wants anymore then $8 yearly idk if I'm cool with that, I think AJ not playing at all this year is a positive, thinking he will come into camp at 100% and good to go, he's still a monster and in Shanahan scheme he'd flourish, like m_brock said Miami would be 1 team I'd talk to, they have a lot of holes to fill, and after it's all said and done McKinney might be out of reach with our 1st round pick in all honesty..

I mean there's no way you're gonna get AA for anything less than $10M per or really any DL worth their salt in 2020. Like you said he IS a priority signing. I'd much rather give him that money vs Blair/Wolf/Celek and whatever the difference is with AJ and Sanders.

Also with Sanders...he's probably not getting anything more than a 1 yr deal (as far as true guaranteed cash goes) most likely a team option after 2020. That's not even close to what AJ will want. We don't know if he's a monster anymore. Dude hasn't played a football game since the beginning of Dec in 2018. He also missed almost half of that season as well. This draft and the next one are stocked with WR talent. Our money IMO needs to be invested back into our own.

It's all really early. you know how much I love the mocks

I mean there's no way you're gonna get AA for anything less than $10M per or really any DL worth their salt in 2020. Like you said he IS a priority signing. I'd much rather give him that money vs Blair/Wolf/Celek and whatever the difference is with AJ and Sanders.

Also with Sanders...he's probably not getting anything more than a 1 yr deal (as far as true guaranteed cash goes) most likely a team option after 2020. That's not even close to what AJ will want. We don't know if he's a monster anymore. Dude hasn't played a football game since the beginning of Dec in 2018. He also missed almost half of that season as well. This draft and the next one are stocked with WR talent. Our money IMO needs to be invested back into our own.

It's all really early. you know how much I love the mocks

Good point, I'd also love to keep our own core as well, and yeah AA has become a priority, as for AJ I just think the time off and the bengals and him not rushing back he will be healthy, and yeah this WR class is looking good but the problem is not having picks lol and the thing would be, say a WR they like falls, do they take him or trade back ? Bc I'm almost positive Lynch and Shanahan already have in mind trading back to recoup picks and add more players to the 2020 draft class... and I'm waiting on your mock NY !
Good point, I'd also love to keep our own core as well, and yeah AA has become a priority, as for AJ I just think the time off and the bengals and him not rushing back he will be healthy, and yeah this WR class is looking good but the problem is not having picks lol and the thing would be, say a WR they like falls, do they take him or trade back ? Bc I'm almost positive Lynch and Shanahan already have in mind trading back to recoup picks and add more players to the 2020 draft class... and I'm waiting on your mock NY !

I think moving back will be a priority no doubt. I'm gonna wait until the season is over to get into the draft season for once we have meaningful 49er games at the end of the yr!

Calvin Throckmorton.... that name tells me one thing......he has got to have the biggest dick of any football player. That name is better than Dirk Diggler!!
Yea bro this numbers aren't realistic at all. That isn't enough money for Kittle, AA or Buck.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Yea bro this numbers aren't realistic at all. That isn't enough money for Kittle, AA or Buck.

I think I did this early December, after the combine and free agency I'll do a more accurate one.
Share 49ersWebzone