LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

irish's realistic 2019 mock draft

The draft is almost here, one of my favorite things in the world! This is my shot at a realistic draft based on the needs of the team and where players could go, I believe we'll make a trade to add another pick, the 3rd seems like the best spot since S/WR will be too important to address with our 2nd round pick:

1.2 Nick Bosa, DE, OSU
- A dominant edge rusher who matched with Dee Ford will demand attention from opposing OL and TE/RB blocks and will allow interior pressure from DeFo and Soloman Thomas. Our secondary will benefit from the havok that will now be created at the line. This pick alone will make the 2019 draft a huge success.

2.36 Darnell Savage S, Maryland
- A rangy, ball hawking Safety who can play single high and cover the back end of our def with great speed and play recognition. I believe Adderley goes at the end of the 1st, but Savage will be great in our scheme and give us the speed and ball skills we need to create turn overs. The disruption created with an actual pass rush will help our secondary and Savage will have the ability to take advantage of these opportunities. The 2nd round will see a run on the S position and we get one of the best fits for our scheme.

***TRADE***
This is where I see the 49ers making a trade back to acquire another mid round pick to add talent along the OL/TE/CB group.
49ers trade 3.67 to Cincinnati for 3.72 and 5.149
With all the talent in the 2nd day of the draft, someone will slip to our 3rd pick that will have teams calling, we fall back close enough that we can still get a great complimentary WR and add a 5th which we currently don't have and need!

3.72 Riley Ridley, WR, Georgia
- Ridley played for a college team that ran a scheme that didn't allow him to take full advantage of his skill set. Ridley has outstanding route running which KS covets and is a plus blocker which will help the run game, another aspect KS loves. Ridley may not be a true #1 but he will add to a competent WR core that KS can scheme open and create mismatches.

4.104 Chuma Edoga, OT, USC
- A developmental OT who has light feet and long arms. Effective in space for our zone scheme but needs to get stronger at the point to contain his blocks. A year or so under NFL coaching and a strength program will help him take that next step. Staley is still a great OT but we need to begin to groom a suitable replacement.

5.149 Foster Moreau, TE, LSU
- A blue collar TE who will add to the OL with great pass blocking and good run blocking, was used lightly as a pass catcher but can slip into coverage for a 1st down catch. Will complement the blocking scheme from day 1 and will be a great TE2 who can help move the chains.

6.176 Alex Bars, OG, Notre Dame
- A mobile and versatile OL that played both OG positions and RT, injury has him slipping to the 6th round, but has the tools to be drafted much higher if not for a knee injury. He is both agile and a mauler and coached by a great program. Bars has experience with McGlinchey and will push for playing time year 1. Excellent value.

6.212 Jazz Ferguson, WR, Northwestern State
- A big bodied WR who competes as a physical alpha, a trait needed for the outside! We have several shifty route runners who create separation, but we need that tall threat who can high point a jump ball, this is our man. Has a prior failed drug test while at LSU but has been clean since 2016. Has good acceleration and long speed but lacks good route running, will be used in special packages in the redzone, but should compete with Jordan Matthews for a roster spot.

UDFA:
CB and LB, we need depth at both positions and based on visits it appears the 49ers will have their homework done to snag several prospects who don't get drafted to compete in training camp and see if we can develop depth in this regard.

Feel free to give your opinions both good and bad!
I'd be very okay with this. Good job!
not too shabby! I've cooled down on Ridley and if we're gonna target Savage why not move down in the 2nd? I think he's a mid to late 2nd rd pick talent and we could still get some more picks

overall nice
Originally posted by NYniner85:
not too shabby! I've cooled down on Ridley and if we're gonna target Savage why not move down in the 2nd? I think he's a mid to late 2nd rd pick talent and we could still get some more picks

overall nice

We can't move down in the second cause savage will be gone.
Not bad, but I want to do better than Riley Ridley and Jazz Ferguson at WR. Deebo Samuel may be available in the early 3rd and I would much rather have him than Ridley. Love what you did on the OL . Nice mock.
Thanks guys, I agree that trading down in the 2nd and still getting Savage would be great, but I think the lack of dynamic Safety's will cause him to get snagged earlier than the late 2nd/early 3rd he was being placed earlier in the process sadly.

I love Deebo and if he is there I'd def want him or Harmon... I went with Riley only because I really wanted to take a stab at realistic options that have a high likelihood of being available.

The 2nd round is going to have so many great options and I wish we had multiple picks this year because WR/S/CB/OG talent is going to be really great!
Share 49ersWebzone