LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Mock 49ers Draft v0.9

1st Round: DE Nick Bosa, Ohio St. 6'4" 266
Don't overthink this pick. Bosa is a stud with power, explosiveness, high motor and takes pass rushing as a craft. Folks worry he isn't as athletic as a Myles Garrett but who is? Bosa's 1.55 10 yard split is ELITE and he has excelllent power to match with short area quickness. Draft the man and bank on 10 sacks a season for the next 8+ years.

2nd Round: WR AJ Brown, Ole Miss 6'0" 226 OR
WR N'Keal Harry, ASU 6'2" 224 OR
WR Deebo Samuel, South Carolina 5'11" 214 OR
WR JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Stanford 6'2" 225
The 49ers badly need a big-bodied, physical WR who can win on the outside, so any of these guys would fill a huge need. All are well-built, catch the ball in traffic and can provide some serious run-after-catch. AJ Brown is clearly top of the heap but he and Harry will very likely be gone. I can see the 49ers picking between Samuel, who's a bit more explosive, and Arcega-Whiteside, who's got the size advantage and would be an excellent red zone target. Any of these picks would instantly slot in as the #2 WR and provide some much needed talent to a thin position group.

3rd Round: LB Terrill Hanks, New Mexico, 6'2" 240
I know secondary is a need, but unless a S like Darnell Savage, Deionte Thompson or Nassir Adderley slips into the 3rd round I think the 49ers target Hanks with the 3rd round pick. LB is still a huge need where the only reliable, un-injured starter is Fred Warner. Kwon Alexander is still working his way back and behind him Malcolm Smith cannot he counted on and everyone else is a fringe player so I actually think LB is much a bigger need than folks are letting on. Hanks ran a disappointing 40 time at the combine but he pulled his hammy in process so the time doesn't fully reflect his explosiveness. He's a tough but fluid player who attacks the LOS but also has the length and agility to cover. He'll be an excellent addition to very thin LB corps.

4th Round: Best Available S/DB
6th Round: Best available OL
6th Round: Best available TE

49ers Roster Projection:
Offense:
QB: Jimmy G / CJ Beathard OR Nick Mullins
RB: Jet McKinnon / Matt Breida / Tevin Coleman / Raheem Mostert
FB: Juice
WR: Dante Pettis / 2nd Round Pick / Marquise Goodwin / Trent Taylor / Kendrick Bourne OR Jordan Matthews / Richie James OR UDFA
TE: George Kittle / Garrett Celek / Draft Pick
OT: Joe Staley / Mike McGlinchy / Shon Coleman / Draft Pick
OG: Laken Tomlinson / Mike Person / Josh Garnett
OC: Weston Richburg / Erik Magnuson OR FA or UDFA
Defense:
DE: Dee Ford / Nick Bosa / Arik Armstead / Kentavius Street / Ronald Blair OR Damontre Moore
DT: DeForest Buckner / Solomon Thomas / DJ Jones / Sheldon Day
LB: Fred Warner / Kwon Alexander / Terrill Hanks / Malcolm Smith / Elijah Lee / Mark Nzeocha / David Mayo
CB: Richard Sherman / Akhello Witherspoon / Jason Verrett / K'wuan Williams / Tarvarius Moore / DJ Reed
S: Jimmie Ward / Jacquiski Tartt / Adrian Colbert / Marcell Harris / Draft Pick

K: Robbie Gould
P: Justin Vogel or UDFA
LS: Kyle Nelson
I'm good with it.
Straight to the point. Good picks every round.
I could live with that but I'd also be good with Allen or trade back with raider for 2 first rounders! I'd love for them to go after 2 OL too but strong mock!
Love the first 2 rounds and I'm a Hanks fan but with that high of a 3rd round pick you should try to still find a potential starter...Hanks won't be starting any time soon and IMO he's a day 3 pick or late round 3 guy.

If anything I'd move down if you want to take him.
Originally posted by danielrod1008:
Straight to the point. Good picks every round.

Every round except for the last three rounds. Finish what you started.

And there is no way the Niners take Terrill Hanks in the third. They will take a Safety, CB or OL before they take another LB.
Share 49ersWebzone