LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 160 users in the forums

Cynthia Frelund's mock draft

I thought the way she went about her draft selection was very interesting, she chose players that would best help their team win now. She wasn't allowed to make trades, but said that if the 49ers did trade down, they could target Deandre Baker.

I would only trade out if Bosa isn't there. She also had the 49ers selecting DK Metcalf at 36.

I would like to get others thoughts on this scenario, who would we target for a trade down partner and how far can we go and still get Baker.

Cynthia Frelunds Mock
I thought her approach to the draft was outside of the box and had some merit to it. I thought the Baker pick would be helpful to the Niners, it would certainly firm up the backfield in combination with the improved pass rush. I would like this pick even better if they could trade back and get some more picks!
Very interesting concept. Baker is still my top cb despite his stock falling down. He has really great film and i think is scheme versatile. He would instantly have a spot on the starting defense and it could allow verrett to be in the slot to get a good cb group.

I know this isn't realistic but i like how she rationalized the picks. Also DK in the second would be cool as well haha
Definitely different and that isn't necessarily a good thing.
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Apr 4, 2019 at 8:18 PM ]
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Definitely different and that isn't necessarily a good thing.

true but its refreshing that seeing the same type of mock draft. She did say that its not what the teams would realistically do, but what they would do if lets say this was the final NFL season ever.
Lmao
Wtf is this garbage? Baker? Without trading back?

Baffles my mind she has a job
  • fan49
  • Veteran
I'd throw my remote through the screen at both picks. I don't care if dk made it to the second. I can catch better than him
[ Edited by fan49 on Apr 5, 2019 at 11:24 PM ]
I prefer her looks more than her draft.
Share 49ersWebzone