LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

Waterbear post FA mock 2019

1. Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State

As much as I believe QW is the best player in the draft, we have to pick Bosa. He's very close to my top player and we need a 3 down DE that can rush the passer from the outside. Bosa will be a better pro than he was in college and will become a multiple pro bowl type of player. Finally, we will have our elite pass rusher we have needed for years since Aldon Smith left.

2. Marquise "Hollywood" Brown, WR, Oklahoma

This one may seem like a stretch but I actually think he could slip to us. The Cardinals at 33 might jump on him but the injury concern is real.

I don't think I have seen a more explosive WR in all my years following the draft. KS should be salivating at the chance to add a weapon like him on the team. I have been watching a lot of his film and they bring him in motion a lot. KS loves to get his players into space and even tried using Pettis in jet sweeps but he's not really suited for that IMO. Brown excels at that and taking a short dump off or jet weep to the house. Of all the WRs in the draft, Hollywood fits the Shannahan offense the best. He creates the most separation of any WR by far.

I also wouldn't worry so much about having a large WR. I assume Butler will be gone but I am very high on Pettis and our FA signing Matthews to produce. It's all about getting system fits and we still have many more drafts to get that prototypical #1. All Brown would do is add a Tyreek Hill like weapon that just flat out gets open.

3. Darnell Savage, FS, Maryland

The one trait that our single high safety needs in this system... is speed. Savage is one of the fastest FS I have seen in a long time. This pick is so important because having Ward start at FS at any point makes me want to puke. This team will go from one of the slowest to maybe the fastest in one offseason.

4. Alex Bars, G, Notre Dame

Another pick that has injury concerns, Alex Bars is the perfect guard in this system. I feel he is getting seriously overlooked because of that injury. When you put on the tape, you can see that he is easily the best guard in this class before his injury and would pave the way to the best run blocking offensive line in the NFL.
I cannot say enough how bad I want us to pick this guy up.

6. Iman Marshall, CB, USC

I'm a little puzzled by Marshall. I don't understand why he's always being projected to the later rounds. Maybe he gets selected earlier than this and I would understand why. Marshall does a lot of things well. He also has good size, speed, ball skills, and he can hit. I would not be surprised if he takes over Witherspoon as the 3rd corner if we selected him.

6. Paul Adams, OT, Missouri

At 6'6 and nearly 320 pounds, Adams moves really well for his size. He had one of the better 3 cone drills at the combine and is the type of tackle KS covets. He does have his flaws but Adams is a sleeper who excels at run blocking. If you can't run block and get to the second level, you cannot play for KS. I watched a lot, and I mean, A LOT of the late round prospects at tackle. Adams IMO is the best one of the bunch that fits our style of play.

Thoughts?
[ Edited by Waterbear on Mar 26, 2019 at 8:41 PM ]
I'm down!

I really think Brown will be there at 36 with the injury. His size (weight) kinda concerns me 5-9 166lbs is pretty damn small.

Overall I like it though
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I'm down!

I really think Brown will be there at 36 with the injury. His size (weight) kinda concerns me 5-9 166lbs is pretty damn small.

Overall I like it though

Originally posted by Waterbear:
1. Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State

As much as I believe QW is the best player in the draft, we have to pick Bosa. He's very close to my top player and we need a 3 down DE that can rush the passer from the outside. Bosa will be a better pro than he was in college and will become a multiple pro bowl type of player. Finally, we will have our elite pass rusher we have needed for years since Aldon Smith left.

2. Marquise "Hollywood" Brown, WR, Oklahoma

This one may seem like a stretch but I actually think he could slip to us. The Cardinals at 33 might jump on him but the injury concern is real.

I don't think I have seen a more explosive WR in all my years following the draft. KS should be salivating at the chance to add a weapon like him on the team. I have been watching a lot of his film and they bring him in motion a lot. KS loves to get his players into space and even tried using Pettis in jet sweeps but he's not really suited for that IMO. Brown excels at that and taking a short dump off or jet weep to the house. Of all the WRs in the draft, Hollywood fits the Shannahan offense the best. He creates the most separation of any WR by far.

I also wouldn't worry so much about having a large WR. I assume Butler will be gone but I am very high on Pettis and our FA signing Matthews to produce. It's all about getting system fits and we still have many more drafts to get that prototypical #1. All Brown would do is add a Tyreek Hill like weapon that just flat out gets open.

3. Darnell Savage, FS, Maryland

The one trait that our single high safety needs in this system... is speed. Savage is one of the fastest FS I have seen in a long time. This pick is so important because having Ward start at FS at any point makes me want to puke. This team will go from one of the slowest to maybe the fastest in one offseason.

4. Alex Bars, G, Notre Dame

Another pick that has injury concerns, Alex Bars is the perfect guard in this system. I feel he is getting seriously overlooked because of that injury. When you put on the tape, you can see that he is easily the best guard in this class before his injury and would pave the way to the best run blocking offensive line in the NFL.
I cannot say enough how bad I want us to pick this guy up.

6. Iman Marshall, CB, USC

I'm a little puzzled by Marshall. I don't understand why he's always being projected to the later rounds. Maybe he gets selected earlier than this and I would understand why. Marshall does a lot of things well. He also has good size, speed, ball skills, and he can hit. I would not be surprised if he takes over Witherspoon as the 3rd corner if we selected him.

6. Paul Adams, OT, Missouri

At 6'6 and nearly 320 pounds, Adams moves really well for his size. He had one of the better 3 cone drills at the combine and is the type of tackle KS covets. He does have his flaws but Adams is a sleeper who excels at run blocking. If you can't run block and get to the second level, you cannot play for KS. I watched a lot, and I mean, A LOT of the late round prospects at tackle. Adams IMO is the best one of the bunch that fits our style of play.

Thoughts?

Even if Brown is there I'd still rather a true 1 with some size! We have a few guys with the same skill set as brown already! I'd rather Deebo or Harry at 36 but I like the rest of it!
Originally posted by Its49ers4Life:
Even if Brown is there I'd still rather a true 1 with some size! We have a few guys with the same skill set as brown already! I'd rather Deebo or Harry at 36 but I like the rest of it!

I understand that. I went with BPA and system fit as Butler should be gone by then. I almost put Deebo on here because he's bigger but I still believe Hollywood is the best player. Hollywood plays much bigger than his size and can easily play outside or inside. He's the fastest and best route runner in this class.

Like I said it my notes I believe in Mattews and Pettis to be our red zone guys. It would be insane to watch the things KS could do with Hollywood.

I also almost thought about trading Brieda for a WR or corner. But I really want to see KS run the option with Mckinnon Brieda and Coleman. I'd bet good money we do that at least once this year.
I like it. That OT looks like a specimen.
Nice mock. I like the study of a later round OT to develop
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Its49ers4Life:

I understand that. I went with BPA and system fit as Butler should be gone by then. I almost put Deebo on here because he's bigger but I still believe Hollywood is the best player. Hollywood plays much bigger than his size and can easily play outside or inside. He's the fastest and best route runner in this class.

Like I said it my notes I believe in Mattews and Pettis to be our red zone guys. It would be insane to watch the things KS could do with Hollywood.

I also almost thought about trading Brieda for a WR or corner. But I really want to see KS run the option with Mckinnon Brieda and Coleman. I'd bet good money we do that at least once this year.

Brown reminds me a lot of Desean Jackson. Similar build, similar sudden "oh muh DAMN!" speed, similar elusiveness. Jackson dropped to the second (just after Chilo Rachal, ugh) in his draft due to size concers, but I'd feel pretty good about using 36 to get Jackson's influence on a defense and the career he's put together.
Good job on this
All good except for Hollywood Brown. Not the fit for what the Niners need. Niners have the same player already on the roster in Goodwin.

Share 49ersWebzone