LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

NYniner85 post FA mock 2019

SO FA is over and we have a better idea of what spots we need to attack come draft time.

I'm using CBS' big board, it's a rough estimate and if a guy is near that slotted spot, I'll still have them as an option.

No need to talk about FA and I don't believe we will bring in anyone else meaningful (no Ziggy sorry).

2nd: Nick Bosa edge- #1 prospect on CBS' big board. Kid is a polished edge rusher who's ideal in our 4-3. Teaming him up with Ford/Buck/AA/ST is gonna be a thing of beauty. Not much else to discuss. IF not Bosa then I'm down for QW (which would change this whole mock lol).

36th: AJ Brown WR- Love his YAC/ability to break tackles, he's got great hands, and runs good routes. He's not gonna be a pure outside guy, but you can line him up all over. Think JuJu 2.0, he brings a toughness to this team. Some might say he goes earlier (which he could) CBS' currently has him 34th overall. I could see him drop a little similarly to how JuJu did.... I wouldn't mind moving up for him, if that's who Kyle loves. (Also like Deebo here if AJ isn't an option)

67th-Darnell Savage Jr S-I've been a fan of him for a couple months. He's very fluid, sound tackler, ball-hawk, and has good range. He's a guy that can play all over that secondary, you need players like this in today's game. Line him up at FS, SS, slot, use him in dime packages etc. I do think he settles in at FS for us.

104th-"Scary" Terry McLaurin WR- This should be the sweet spot for him IMO. He had limited snaps at OSU, but he did a whole hell of a lot with them. McLaurin has been killing this draft process and is fast as f**k. He ran a 4.35 at 6-0 208lbs and is in the 95 percentile in SPARQ score. He's a pretty damn good route-runner and ST ace. There will be some hard cuts to make, especially at the WR spot, but we just got a whole bunch better at WR.

176th-Alex bars OG-He would have been drafted much higher if not for a torn ACL. Looks like he's on his way to recovery and I've seen him running doing squats etc. Bars was at the combine to interview and do medicals as well. He's a mauler and one of the best pulling OGs in the draft. Bars was on that OL with McG and has been coached by one of the best OL coaches in football. He's great depth this yr and might start on PUP. Future starter if he gets back to 100%

212th-Sua Opeta Weber State-pretty much depth all along the OL. Three yr starter and scored in the 95th percentile for SPARQ (don't know much about him). I would really like to see Coleman get that swing tackle spot and hope we go OT next yr either in FA or the draft.

So let me have it! I'm gonna do one more mock after we get everyone in for private workouts.

Less than a month away
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 26, 2019 at 12:51 PM ]
don't expect Terry to be there in the 4th but I'd be very happy with this
Ticks the boxes.
If the 2nd-4th Rd picks are all available when we pick, this would be a very good draft!
Originally posted by OsBoogie:
don't expect Terry to be there in the 4th but I'd be very happy with this

Meh 104 pick is basically a 3rd round pick...flim matters and there's not much on him.
But Bosa has short arms. I call it a reach at 2.

/s
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
But Bosa has short arms. I call it a reach at 2.

/s
C'mon...That's a stretch.
NY:
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
NY:

Originally posted by BigBug415:
If the 2nd-4th Rd picks are all available when we pick, this would be a very good draft!

Yeah it's tough to gauge where the guys from the 2nd-4th go in most mocks. I've seen AJ from 17th overall to late 30s. Savage has been pretty steady as a early day 3 guy. McLaurin is the wild card. Kiper just had him going in the 1st rd BUT I've constantly seen him as a day 3 prospect as well.

I like Deebo better, but I'd be happy with Brown. Your other picks look good too. Well done.
Originally posted by John_Candy:
I like Deebo better, but I'd be happy with Brown. Your other picks look good too. Well done.

Thanks

Deebo is probably more realistic, I just love brown's size/speed and YAC ability.
I knew I should have put mine out first. It's similar in positions at each round pretty much. Solid NY.
Love it, but apparently we're the same person so it makes sense.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I knew I should have put mine out first. It's similar in positions at each round pretty much. Solid NY.

Share 49ersWebzone