LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

49ers draft Bosa #2: who should they take with #36; best player or need position?

49ers draft Bosa #2: who should they take with #36; best player or need position?

Looking at the 49ers depth chart after free agency, there are several areas that I feel needs upgrading:

OG: Tomlinson, Magnuson, Person, Garnett
WR: Goodwin, Bourne, Taylor
RDE: Armstead
LDT: DJ Jones
SAM: Nzeocha, Taumoepenu
WILL: Alexander (ACL will he be ready?)
RCB: Witherspoon, Mabin, Varrett
FS: Exum, Ward

The question is, what is our biggest need vs who is the best player available at 36.
Trade down and get an additional mid pick
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Trade down but stay within the first 10 pick of the 2nd round and draft WR Harmon of NCST.
To me it's Adderly or Harry.

Seems like I'm not alone.

I think in a perfect world I'd hope for Adderly and Butler.

But Harry and Savage is also tempting...
I'm not sure my top two choices from this list will make it to 36, but if they do it's Harry then Adderley for me, with Deebo a close third. They all fit what we do really well. I love Winovich, but can't justify the pick if we go Bosa first.
1. bradbury
2. deebo
3. adderly
Originally posted by RocketMan:
1. bradbury
2. deebo
3. adderly

I agree with you. If you look at all the playoff teams, they all had really good/great OL play. The best example to me was Indianapolis. Keeping your QB clean is the best recipe for success on offense.

To me, if Bradbury is there at 36, we take him over anyone else. He steps in for Richburg if he can't perform or gets injured. Bradbury should also be able to push Tomlinson or Person for starting time as well. Either way, I want to see the 49ers improve their OL. Since this wasn't addressed in FA, I fully expect to draft at least one.
We definitely need a big receiver that can create separation and open things up in the middle for the smaller fast guys! Honestly feel like Allen/Bosa at 2 then wr at 36 and we should get at least 2 OL in this draft! I'm not as concerned about the secondary with that d line and the pressure they should generate! We need playmakers for Shanny to do his thing and we need to keep Jimmy G clean bc he's like Mr Glass lol I love him if he's healthy but I'm officially concerned now with 2 major injuries in only 11 starts! That is very concerning to me especially since the acl was a non contact! If he's hurt this year we need to get one of the qbs coming out that class it's going to stronger than this years class! I'm hoping for comeback player of the year and MVP consideration for him but let's get some OL to keep him clean.
For me it would be between OL and WR.
I think trade down is the best option since there should be some good players available but Adderley would be tough to pass up if he's there.

I think he actually goes in the first so it won't be an issue. I think WR or IOL will be best player available. I'm not a fan of this CB class in the 2nd/3rd round

BPA at certain positions!
Chauncey Gardner Johnson
IOL and Bradbury would be an absolute steal of he's there at 36 (he won't be) so he gets my vote!
Successful teams draft starters in round 2. We better get a plug and play guy at #36.... I'm always agreeable to an OL upgrade. But I feel strongly we have the worst or a bottom 5 WR core. I've felt strongly this entire pre-draft process that our 2nd or 3rd is where we go get one. I do think we reached last year on Pettis. Who's gonna be there at 36 is the question...? Depending how you rank the WR's there's a possibility a 1st round talent is there at 36... For me I feel like DK Metcalf, Hollywood Brown will be goners. But hypothetically any of the AJ Brown, N'Keal Harry, Hakeem Butler, Debo Samuel May be there. In fact I believe butler and Samuel will be there at 67.

I'd love to see Harry or AJ Brown at 36.... or Butler or Samuel at 67 if we go elsewhere in 2nd.

I think Mathews is a greatly underrated pickup. He's our most accomplished guy at WR. And that's exactly why we need to improve the group.

We don't have a #1. Do we have a legit #2? I'm not convinced we do. Not yet convinced anyway.

If we draft a starter at FS, CB, or Gaurd I'm fine with passing on a WR at 36.
Originally posted by davidboutte:
Successful teams draft starters in round 2. We better get a plug and play guy at #36.... I'm always agreeable to an OL upgrade. But I feel strongly we have the worst or a bottom 5 WR core. I've felt strongly this entire pre-draft process that our 2nd or 3rd is where we go get one. I do think we reached last year on Pettis. Who's gonna be there at 36 is the question...? Depending how you rank the WR's there's a possibility a 1st round talent is there at 36... For me I feel like DK Metcalf, Hollywood Brown will be goners. But hypothetically any of the AJ Brown, N'Keal Harry, Hakeem Butler, Debo Samuel May be there. In fact I believe butler and Samuel will be there at 67.

I'd love to see Harry or AJ Brown at 36.... or Butler or Samuel at 67 if we go elsewhere in 2nd.

I think Mathews is a greatly underrated pickup. He's our most accomplished guy at WR. And that's exactly why we need to improve the group.

We don't have a #1. Do we have a legit #2? I'm not convinced we do. Not yet convinced anyway.

If we draft a starter at FS, CB, or Gaurd I'm fine with passing on a WR at 36.

I agree, 36 should be a starter. If Bradbury is there, he should start over one of the three IOL guys. If Bradbury is gone (very likely), then I would be stoked with AJ Brown or NKeal Harry if that's the way JL/KS go.
Share 49ersWebzone