DL- Buckner, Armstead, Thomas, Jones, Blair, Day, Street
LEO- Fowler, Allen
OLB- Allen, Barrett
Mike- Warner, ?
Will- Lee, ?
CB- Sherman, Ya-Sin, Witherspoon, Moore, Williams, Reed
FS- Thomas, Colbert
SS- Tartt, Harris

You signed Houston, but you didn't put him on the depth chart.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by davidboutte:
Houston 3/30 12 guaranteed, cap hit 10
Fowler 5/40 16 guaranteed cap hit 8
Barrett 2/10 2 guaranteed cap hit 5
White 5/40 8 guaranteed cap hit 8
Thomas 3/43 20 guaranteed cap hit 13.3
Stewart 2/8 2.5 guaranteed, cap hit 4

Draft
1. Murray
2. Trade 2 and our 4th for 6 and OBJ- Giants take Haskins
3. Jets- Quinnen Williams
4. Raiders- Nick Bosa
5. Bucs- Tawaan Taylor
6. 49ers- Josh Allen

2nd- AJ Brown WR Ole Miss
3rd- Rock Ya-Sin CB Temple
4th- Traded

Release
Smith, Mitchell, Marsh

Depth
QB jimmy, Mullins
RB- Mckinnen, Brieda, Stewart
WR- OBJ, AJ Brown, White, Goodwin, Pettis, Taylor
TE- Kittle, ?
Staley, Tomlinson, Richburg, Person, Mcglinchey, Coleman,
LEO- Fowler, Allen
OLB- Allen, Barrett
Mike- Warner, ?
Will- Lee, ?
FS- Thomas, Colbert
SS- Tartt, Harris

Thx
I would rather have Bosa than OBJ & Allen, that's the bottom line. With the depth at WR in the draft, I feel pretty confident that Lynch/Shanahan will find another starter quality guy to pair with Pettis.

We've drafted 3 lineman, each with a similar draft profile: lots of upside, measurables, "they'll be twin towers," etc. Bosa's *somewhat limited* tape screams out that he's a man amongst boys. He dominates the NCAA competition and when he sacks the QB, it's a violent, clean play. To some extent, Buckner showed some of that with his college tape. You could tell he was going to be good because he was just stronger and better than Armstead with the same boy.

Allen is tantalizing, he has the potential to be better. But we need production this year PERIOD. 3rd year of a 6-year coaching deal, there needs to be a substantial improvement. Lynch/Shanahan can't afford to wait for potential. They need 12+ sacks from their LEO to be a great team. Bosa is the best chance by far to make that happen.

I think OBJ could get traded in a situation that doesn't involve the 2nd overall pick. Bosa is too critical to our success. Maybe trade next years' first and this years' third for him.
Would love if the off season went that way !!!
Raiders get Bosa. Feel sick.
[ Edited by English on Mar 5, 2019 at 1:22 AM ]
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I would rather have Bosa than OBJ & Allen, that's the bottom line. With the depth at WR in the draft, I feel pretty confident that Lynch/Shanahan will find another starter quality guy to pair with Pettis.

We've drafted 3 lineman, each with a similar draft profile: lots of upside, measurables, "they'll be twin towers," etc. Bosa's *somewhat limited* tape screams out that he's a man amongst boys. He dominates the NCAA competition and when he sacks the QB, it's a violent, clean play. To some extent, Buckner showed some of that with his college tape. You could tell he was going to be good because he was just stronger and better than Armstead with the same boy.

Allen is tantalizing, he has the potential to be better. But we need production this year PERIOD. 3rd year of a 6-year coaching deal, there needs to be a substantial improvement. Lynch/Shanahan can't afford to wait for potential. They need 12+ sacks from their LEO to be a great team. Bosa is the best chance by far to make that happen.

I think OBJ could get traded in a situation that doesn't involve the 2nd overall pick. Bosa is too critical to our success. Maybe trade next years' first and this years' third for him.

I would not rather Bosa over Allen and OBJ. I don't agree he's better then Allen at all. I prefer Allen at #2 if Murray goes 1. OBJ makes the trade down worth it regardless who's there at 6. Just my opinion. I respect yours. SEC guy here. Allen will have a better career then Bosa. Just my thoughts. We can revisit this down the line. I'll be here. Thx for your take.

Draft
1. Murray
4. Raiders- Nick Bosa
5. Bucs- Tawaan Taylor
6. 49ers- Josh Allen

4th- Traded

Release
Smith, Mitchell, Marsh

Depth
QB jimmy, Mullins
TE- Kittle, ?
LEO- Fowler, Allen
OLB- Allen, Barrett
Mike- Warner, ?
Will- Lee, ?
FS- Thomas, Colbert
SS- Tartt, Harris

Please save that BS, we're done with that around here!
btw...not sure why my brain isn't working but who the hell is White? Listing their first names some kind of secret?

And nothing like pushing your promising 2nd round rookie WR down the depth chart by trading for a #1 WR and drafting another 2nd round WR the next year. We don't exactly go heavy 3 WR sets. I'm all for no BS but let's try to keep some logic in the mix.
Originally posted by genus49:
btw...not sure why my brain isn't working but who the hell is White? Listing their first names some kind of secret?

And nothing like pushing your promising 2nd round rookie WR down the depth chart by trading for a #1 WR and drafting another 2nd round WR the next year. We don't exactly go heavy 3 WR sets. I'm all for no BS but let's try to keep some logic in the mix.

Does anyone really think Pettis is a legit #2 WR right now. I don't. Kevin White is former top 10 pick from the Bears. He's 25 and had some injuries. I can go in further detail if you need more info on available free agents at our needed positions. Our best WR can't stay on the field. We cut our aging #1. Pettis wasn't a good pick in the 2nd round. We reached big time. But imo he's a 3rd or 4th WR on a decent team. AJ Brown is unequivocally a better player in every way.

Originally posted by genus49:

Does anyone really think Pettis is a legit #2 WR right now. I don't. Kevin White is former top 10 pick from the Bears. He's 25 and had some injuries. I can go in further detail if you need more info on available free agents at our needed positions. Our best WR can't stay on the field. We cut our aging #1. Pettis wasn't a good pick in the 2nd round. We reached big time. But imo he's a 3rd or 4th WR on a decent team. AJ Brown is unequivocally a better player in every way.

Why the hell wouldn't we?

He's been our best rookie WR since Rice in terms of TD production. Led the team in yards per reception for guys with more than a handful of catches.
2nd most yards on the team behind Kittle while playing only 12 games and starting 7 of them.

Yet you want to bring in Kevin White over him? The same Kevin White who in 3 years in the league has nearly half the yards Pettis had in 12 games and 0 TDs vs 5 for Pettis....and you want to give THAT guy a 40 million contract with $8 mil guaranteed? WTF?
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
That Kevin White contract is absurd and never going to happen. I'd consider him maybe on a 1 year deal worth $3 million tops. He's done nothing in the nfl

Draft
1. Murray
4. Raiders- Nick Bosa
5. Bucs- Tawaan Taylor
6. 49ers- Josh Allen

4th- Traded

Release
Smith, Mitchell, Marsh

Depth
QB jimmy, Mullins
TE- Kittle, ?
LEO- Fowler, Allen
OLB- Allen, Barrett
Mike- Warner, ?
Will- Lee, ?
FS- Thomas, Colbert
SS- Tartt, Harris

Practice squad.
I'm not a Pettis fan. I believe he was a reach when drafted. 4 TD's and 17 ypc hasn't changed that for me. Our WR's were/are nearly the worst group in the NFL. Pettis and a 2nd or lower pick will continue to be a bottom 5 group in the league. Kevin White May not be the answer and 8 million is probably too much. But that kid at his best was 5 times a better player then Pettis ever has been. We need better players then Kyle believes we do to be a championship offense. We need more then 1 WR in the draft to fix our group.
If they signed Houston 3/30 12 guaranteed, cap hit 10 Fowler 5/40 16 guaranteed cap hit 8 I would go with Q Williams rather than Allen.
Share 49ersWebzone