LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 179 users in the forums

NYniner85 pre-combine mock 2019

All this time later, and you've finally become a trench guy like me.
I had to double check and make sure I was seeing things correctly, but it finally happened.

Nice mock
Originally posted by fan49:
I believe everyone will eat Crowe in 2 or less years on bosa. When he gets injured. His brother is good. He's not as good as brother. Allen can be better than big bro. And has better bend and burst. I believe bosa is at his max.

totally entitled to your opinion. I like Allen as well.

I disagree he has better bend that Bosa and I think Bosa is BY FAR more polished in really every aspect as a pass rusher.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
All this time later, and you've finally become a trench guy like me.
I had to double check and make sure I was seeing things correctly, but it finally happened.

Nice mock

lol everyone loves their skilled guys too. I don't think we will be getting AB and we might resign person so there will be a change in the mock after the combine
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by NCommand:
God I hope you laughed!!! Friday night silliness. I hope I didn't offend you. Can NYers be offended?

On the real though, I think it's a sound plan. I ear marked a couple of the same FA's myself. And good reasoning. I like the Maxx pick as a total under-the-radar target. Kyle could have so much fun with two pass catching TE's! Bosa & Risner, the odds aren't in our favor but the beauty of the draft is, anything is possible. We see it every year. I'd be stoked.

My only real critique is you need to spend more. At least get up to the $40-$50M range. That's the FO's sweet spot.

No I laughed all good...and you're correct NYers don't get affended just swear a lot

f**k yeah!

Now, go spend some more money!

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Wheres the CB help?

This draft overall isn't very good same with FA as of now...they need to see what they got with spoon/Moore. Imo adding Thomas and a much better pass rush will help the secondary.

We saw plenty from Spoon the last 2 years. He shouldn't start next season. He's way too soft and has zero dog in him. He's another Rashard Robinson.

Who knows with Moore? But it doesn't bode well that he could barely see the field as a 3rd round pick after tons of injuries.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
We saw plenty from Spoon the last 2 years. He shouldn't start next season. He's way too soft and has zero dog in him. He's another Rashard Robinson.

Who knows with Moore? But it doesn't bode well that he could barely see the field as a 3rd round pick after tons of injuries.

What do you mean they saw plently? He started in like what 5 games his rookie yr and one really s**tty game vs the lions and got better as the season went on. It was musical chairs at S and LBer no one was on the same page.

Moore was learning a whole new position as a rookie. I'm also glad they moved on from our DB coach

Improve the pass rush get a good S and let the CBs develop...also there isn't s**t at CB in FA or really in this draft.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 4, 2019 at 7:33 PM ]
Spoon started 8 or 9 games his rookie year, and started in almost every game last season. He looked like crap all last season long, getting picked on repeatedly. He was lacking both physically and mentally, and even got benched for a couple of games. Who were you watching?

Also think you're wrong about the DB class in the draft/FA. Its loaded. Granted the safety class is stronger then the CB class, but overall there are dozens of quality players.
Originally posted by fan49:
I believe everyone will eat Crowe in 2 or less years on bosa. When he gets injured. His brother is good. He's not as good as brother. Allen can be better than big bro. And has better bend and burst. I believe bosa is at his max.

1. It's "crow"

2. "When he gets injured" The two best players we have had in the last 15 years both had multiple serious injuries in Frank Gore and Patrick Willis. Were they not good players?

3. "His brother is good. He's not as good as brother." Why don't we ask Joey? Here is what he said:

"I don't think it's really close," Bosa told the Union-Tribune earlier this summer, when asked to compare Nick as a true junior with Joey when he was entering his final season at Ohio State, also as a true junior.
"I think he's pretty far ahead physically. He has a better understanding of pass-rushing than I did in college, that's for sure."

4. "And has better bend and burst" Bend is about the same IMO.

Nick Bosa had a better 10 yard split at 1.60

Josh Allen was 1.61

Not a better burst.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Good job NY! Awesome offseason!
That would be an amazing haul. The kicker is that this all is totally plausible!

Share 49ersWebzone