LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 341 users in the forums

NYniner85 pre-combine mock 2019

1st mock of the 2019 yr

So let's get into it.

cut/resign:

cut-outside of the guys we already cut (Mitchell/Garcon/Gilliam) I'm looking at cutting Garrett Celek (save $2 million), Dekoda Watson (save $1.5 million), and possibly Brock Coyle. Smith could be a post june 1st cut but they have some much cash it's not really that big of a deal.

resign- tag Gould, 5th yr option for Buck (work on a contract extension), and tender or whatever E Lee. Not much on that front I think Person wants more cash then SF is willing to give him.

Free Agency:

I think they will be aggressive (say that every yr ugh) and will be in play if any of the top tier EDGE guys that make it to FA. I don't see that happening though.

Earl Thomas S- IMO outside of EDGE this guy has to be our top prospect to go after. PAY THE MAN

5 year contract worth $47.5 million (similar to McCourty) make him a top 2 highest paid S per yr BUT make it more of a 3 yr deal, so we're not dealing with a bloated Thomas contract when he's 35.

Jordon Hicks ILB- Some injury issues but he looks like he's over his Achilles issue I think he's a terrific LBer when healthy. I'm all a fan of Kwon Alexander but he's dealing with a ACL.

His contract might be tricky because he could want to test the market in a couple yrs because he is coming off injuries. The Hitchens contract totally f**ked the LBer market, so a five year $45 million contract might get it done. Alexander might be cheaper and could be a like a 3 yr $20 million or so. I'd rather go for off-ball LBers in FA then in the draft this yr.

Maxx Williams TE- I liked him coming out of college. Great athlete, very good pass catcher, okay run blocker. He's still very young an Baltimore doesn't have a ton of cash and already spent a 1st on a TE.

Give him a Jack Doyle contract 3 yrs $18.9 million.

I know I know NY you aren't signing every FA under the sun (hate ensues sorry NC ). I also don't see much at CB in FA this yr and I think once we add some pass rush it will make the secondary overall better. We have to see if one or both of Spoon/Moore can develop into a starters. Also getting Thomas would be massive.

*Trade*

Antonio Brown for a 3rd this yr and next-I can't see him going back to Pitt and whether people want to admit it or not he will have say as to where he goes. He wants to be a Niner so let's make it happen! This offense would be hot fire with a healthy QB/Brown/Jet/Kittle/Godwin/Pettis/Bredia/Williams

Draft: FYI I used CBS draft rankings (not sure if some of these guys make it to where they're ranked).

(1) 2nd pick Nick Bosa LEO/EDGE/MONSTER- Not much to say here we all know who he is and what he's good at. I think AZ will either trade out because they need picks or will go with the other top stud who happens to be a massive need in QW. Win win we get our boy

(2)36th- Dalton Risner offensive lineman- I put offensive lineman because he can play wherever the hell you want to put him. 6-5 310 34+ inch arms. I love his attitude. Great PP and athletic enough for zone blocking schemes. Been a starter forever and will start day one RG who IMO can be a RT for the future if we want.

(3rd)67th-Traded for Brown I think we can all be happy with this value.

(4th)97th-Christian Miller OLB- He's 6-3 240 with long ass arms, some sweet bend around the edge, is solid at edge setting, and dabbles in coverage. He's versatile. He could be our starting SAM or at the very least be a sub package edge rusher yr 1. He's dealt with injuries and not a ton of starting snaps at Bama which will drop him.

(6th)162-Darnell Savage Jr. S- I'm not sure he lasts this long but using CBS' big board he was there aggressive S who seems to be around the ball all the time. He kinda reminds me of lamarcus joyner. He can sometimes be overaggressive, but I think he's got a chance to play all over the field and was great value.

We have 6th rd comp but I have no idea where exactly they will be picking.

I'll make another mock after the combine and then after FA (final one)

what ya'll think?
Love it. Risner is the main guy who could be gone several picks ahead of where you slotted him, but who knows?

I like that you doubled up on edges in the draft. I'm not enamored with the FA options, especially at those price points. Miller could be a steal of he stays healthy.

I think I like the youth and depth at safety if Thomas signs as a FA. I'd rather use that 6th to get a versatile LB like Takitaki or TE depth like Nuata.

All of my changes are really personal preferences. Like I said, I love it.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Love it. Risner is the main guy who could be gone several picks ahead of where you slotted him, but who knows?

I like that you doubled up on edges in the draft. I'm not enamored with the FA options, especially at those price points. Miller could be a steal of he stays healthy.

I think I like the youth and depth at safety if Thomas signs as a FA. I'd rather use that 6th to get a versatile LB like Takitaki or TE depth like Nuata.

All of my changes are really personal preferences. Like I said, I love it.

Thanks

We will see about Risner, some teams might label him a center, some a guard, maybe a couple at RT. A lot of mocks have him late 1st early 2nd. That one is kinda tricky. I think there will be a solid option regardless at OL with that 36th pick.

Yeah I kinda just went BPA (for me) in the 6th. If Earl gets hurt again I'm not super confident in Colbert.

we will see!
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Thanks

We will see about Risner, some teams might label him a center, some a guard, maybe a couple at RT. A lot of mocks have him late 1st early 2nd. That one is kinda tricky. I think there will be a solid option regardless at OL with that 36th pick.

Yeah I kinda just went BPA (for me) in the 6th. If Earl gets hurt again I'm not super confident in Colbert.

we will see!

Personally, I think Colbert would benefit greatly apprenticing behind Thomas. If Colbert sucks, they can always roll Tartt to FS and put Harris in at SS. I thought he looked good.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Personally, I think Colbert would benefit greatly apprenticing behind Thomas. If Colbert sucks, they can always roll Tartt to FS and put Harris in at SS. I thought he looked good.

yup I liked Harris.
I can dig it!

Edge - check
Beef up OL - check
Add WR1 - major check
Add Earl Thomas - check
Originally posted by genus49:
I can dig it!

Edge - check
Beef up OL - check
Add WR1 - major check
Add Earl Thomas - check

Nice 👍🏻Obviously love the Thomas signing but I'm in the same boat with either Hicks or Alexander, and like you loved Williams in college and think him and Kittle would be a great duo, AB Trade is exactly what I think it takes pick wise, perfect first 2 picks, I really think Miller could be a steal in this draft as well, no clue who Savage is tho lol Would be very happy with this offseason !
Everything fits. Personally I would offer same pick to Bengals for AJ Green.
Originally posted by danielrod1008:

Could be nice move

Originally posted by danielrod1008:

That's another option...he's another guy coming off a couple injuries though
Looks great. I mean you could say draft Bosa and select punters the next 6 rounds and I would be happy. But free agency looks great just repeat after me "Jason Verrett is bound to be healthy Jason Verrett is bound to be healthy"
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Looks great. I mean you could say draft Bosa and select punters the next 6 rounds and I would be happy. But free agency looks great just repeat after me "Jason Verrett is bound to be healthy Jason Verrett is bound to be healthy"

Yeah I like him, but at 5-9 not so sure our staff will....it would have to be a 1 yr deal as well, dude just can't stay healthy.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Nice 👍🏻Obviously love the Thomas signing but I'm in the same boat with either Hicks or Alexander, and like you loved Williams in college and think him and Kittle would be a great duo, AB Trade is exactly what I think it takes pick wise, perfect first 2 picks, I really think Miller could be a steal in this draft as well, no clue who Savage is tho lol Would be very happy with this offseason !

I made a savage page

Thanks
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Yeah I like him, but at 5-9 not so sure our staff will....it would have to be a 1 yr deal as well, dude just can't stay healthy.

I'd sweeten the pot to land him and give him a 2-3 year deal. I hate the profiling for tall corners and I accept it but I hate it. If we continue to only draft tall corners hoping they will be Sherman I fear we will be looking for a long time.
Share 49ersWebzone