LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 125 users in the forums

Adrian:Lesnar final dream mock, seriously this time

well....I just spent 1.5 hours putting this post together, with an entire 1st round mock, youtube videos and explanations for each pick, and potential superbowl winning 53 man roster, and then accidently pressed the "back" button. so now all you get is the worlds greatest mock draft, laid out plain and simple.

Trades:
Niners trade back with the Patriots (Josh Rosen). Patriots receive R1P9 and R2P59. 49ers receive R1P23, R1P31, and R2P43.
Niners trade back with the Chargers (Lamar Jackson with 5th year option). Chargers receive R1P31. 49ers receive R2P48 and 2019 2nd round pick.

R1P23: Leighton Vander Esch, MLB "MIKE"
Needed major LB help even before the Foster debacle. If Foster comes back, great, pair the two. But I'm not counting on it, and don't want to regress back to a 2016 defense.
R2P43: Isaiah Oliver, CB
Save the talk about not needing a CB. We have a dude with 9 starts and a 30 year old coming off an injury, with absolutely no one behind them.
R2P48: Josh Sweat, WDE "LEO"
Floor: Upgrade at base WDE over Arik Armstead. Ceiling: Top 5 DE, with double digit sacks.
R3P70: Fred Warner, WLB "WILL"
Start as a cover LB. Has the athleticism to roam sideline to sideline, with out the size limitations often associated. Can sit a year behind Malcolm Smith.
R3P74: Kemoko Turay, EDGE
Sweat is a crush. Turay is a crush. The two of them bookending our DL together? An absolute love story! Prototypical length, burst, and bend. Perfect counterpart to Sweat's skillset, especially with Buckner and Thomas between them.
R4P128: PJ Hall, DT1T
An absolute monster at shaded nose to take over as Earl Mitchell's contract expires. Strength to play the run, explosion to play the pass.
R5P143: Genard Avery, SLB "SAM"
Prototypical SAM. Positional value is generally low, but with the additional ability to play inside, rush the passer with a few different moves, and play ST, worth an earlier day 3 pick.
R6P184: Daurice Fountain, WR
Size, athleticism, and work ethic to be our version of Allen Robinson.
R7P223: Michael Joseph, CB
My guy since last May. Will need time, but can excel as a CB3 in this system, and also has experience in the slot.
R7P240: Mark Thompson, RB
Will start on the practice squad, but aside from ball security issues, a true Shanny RB. Has the size missing from the rest of our corps for short yardage situations, but also has the speed and ability to catch out the backfield to keep defenses guessing. The fact that Mostert is our best ST player, both as KR and gunner, earns him the RB4 job for now.

UDFA:
Dylan Cantrell, WR
Elite athlete, elite size, and elite hands. Just not an elite WR yet. But an immediate RZ/3rd down threat, with elite upside.

Devante Kincaide, QB
Not sure if he's in the draft, but a scout team body with athleticism to mimic our pal Wilson.

So far, I know what you're thinking...where is OL, where is safety, and where is NCB. Remember, we still have Ward for a year to back up at safety and NCB, and our oline, while I have been very vocal about wanting to upgrade, is already much better off than it was last year with a healthy Garnett, healthy Brown, a year of experience under Magnuson's belt, and the additions of Cooper and Richburg. We use 2018 to create an impenetrable defense. With the potential level of our defense, combined with Shanny and Jimmy G, we should have a good year. We make sure our offense is ready to win the superbowl in 2019 and beyond.

2019:
R1: Trey Adams, LT
Franchise LT, will excel in ZBS.
R2: Deebo Samuel, WR
WR1, Garcon's replacement.
R2 (From Chargers): Caleb Wilson, TE
Who needs a tall WR when you have 2 great tight ends?
R3: Elgton Jenkins, OG
There's our major upgrade at OG. Can spot start at C and OT as well. We will find someone to fill in on the right side out of Garnett, Cooper, Magnuson, and besides, 4/5 above average linemen makes for a great line anyway.
R4,6,7: BPA @ FS, NCB, LB

I don't know about you guys, but I see a superbowl roster. Bradley Pinion for superbowl MVP.
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Apr 19, 2018 at 8:15 AM ]
  • fan49
  • Veteran
The only thing I would change is drafting a running back in the third instead of a will linebacker. We don't need another true Shanny running back. We need a short-yardage back. No we don't have one Kyle has said he's not using juice for that. I mean we have Joe Williams we have Jeremy McNichols we have breida to backup mchinnon. Otherwise you aced it
[ Edited by fan49 on Apr 19, 2018 at 1:34 AM ]
The trades are balanced by the book. No question. However I dont like the Chargers one. This looks like a strong draft in the first couple of rounds so I think I would rather use both of the Patriots 1st rounders.

And you are right. I was thinking, where is the damned O line! I was also thinking, thats a damned long time to wait before covering the edge pass rush void.

Just my view.
I love it. That re-vamps our D big time.

We get a MLB, SAM, WILL, CB, NT and two Edge rushers all of whom could be starters in a year or two. I think all 7 of those guys will be high end starters and they are all excellent scheme fits.

Love the trade downs. Love adding another 2nd next year.

I had a new mock to post but it's nothing compared to this. I'd be thrilled if this was our haul.
LVE, Oliver, Sweat and Turay is a TON of defensive talent.
9T - Kemoko Turay
5T - Solomon Thomas
NT - PJ Hall
3T - Deforest Buckner / Sheldon Day
LEO - Josh Sweat

SAM - Genard Avery
MIKE - Leighton Vander Esch / Brock Coyle
WILL - Fred Warner

CB1 - Richard Sherman
CB2 - Ahkello Witherspoon
CB3 - Isaiah Oliver
CB4 - Michael Joseph
SLOT - K'Wuann Williams
SS - Jaquiski Tartt
FS - Adrian Colbert

That could be our starting D a year from now. I love it.
If I had to change one thing it would be 2.48

That's a perfect spot for Mike Gesicki. I think he would be a beast and help our red zone woes.

Although I do like Sweat.
Also, another good one!
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
The trades are balanced by the book. No question. However I dont like the Chargers one. This looks like a strong draft in the first couple of rounds so I think I would rather use both of the Patriots 1st rounders.

And you are right. I was thinking, where is the damned O line! I was also thinking, thats a damned long time to wait before covering the edge pass rush void.

Just my view.

Agree, my preference is trading down with Patriots for at least #23 & #31. Would not trade down again with SD. Love LVE at #23, take Oliver at #31.
Go Edge, WR (Miller/Gallup) & OL with next 3 picks.
Well played, sir. Well played.

Great defensive draft with a couple of skill players for the offense. Wouldn't be unhappy about this.

Originally posted by SteveYoung:
If I had to change one thing it would be 2.48

That's a perfect spot for Mike Gesicki. I think he would be a beast and help our red zone woes.

Although I do like Sweat.

I just have such a crush on what Josh sweat could become. I'd take Billy Price if he was available there, tho
Esch, Oliver and Warner are great! I think that trade scenario is realistic too. I think the Sweat pick is a throw away. Replace that pick with Nwosu and I think you have a great defensive draft.
Originally posted by bigwads:
Esch, Oliver and Warner are great! I think that trade scenario is realistic too. I think the Sweat pick is a throw away. Replace that pick with Nwosu and I think you have a great defensive draft.

I think you're absolutely CRAZY if you take Nwosu in the 2nd round, let alone with Sweat still on the board. But that's what makes the draft fun, all the differing opinions.
With the foster news, maybe take Brian oneil over Warner in the 3rd. Open up the 2019 draft a bit.
Share 49ersWebzone