There are 201 users in the forums

Evolving Dream 2020 Offseason

Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
https://www.ndtscouting.com/crabbs-san-francisco-49ers-pre-combine-7-round-mock-draft/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Veryyyy similar to what Id do, depending on FA of course..

They got:
1: Quenton Nelson, OG
2: Malik Jefferson, WLB
3: Jeff Holland, ER
3: Michael Gallup, WR
4: Isaac Yiadom, CB
5: Kemoko Turray, ER
6: Tyler Conklin, TE
7: Quadree Henderson, WR/KR
7: Jamil Denny, OT

Sticking to their theme, but with my changes:

1: Quenton Nelson, OG
2: D.J. Moore, WR
3: Jeff Holland, ER
3: Darius Leonard, WLB (Mark Walton, RB is tempting here)
4: Isaac Yiadom, CB
5: Kemoko Turray, ER
6: Tyler Conklin, TE
7: Darius Phillips, CB/KR/PR
7: Jamil Denny, OT

You really love DJ Moore don't you. He is in all of your mocks and even went from a 4th in your earlier ones to a 2nd.
Originally posted by stonecold590:
You really love DJ Moore don't you. He is in all of your mocks and even went from a 4th in your earlier ones to a 2nd.

Haha yea; I think in the right system (ours) he can be a WR1 despite his height. Will be the perfect guy to take over for Garcon in a year or two. I'm trying to stay as realistic as I can in guessing what round we would need to take a guy, and I think he's been a steady riser over the process and will test well at the combine.

I also like Ridley, Pettis, Tate, and St. Brown for receivers in the first 3 rounds.
FA:
We look to plug a few holes, but mostly try to be conservative with cap space after the giant Jimmy G. deal.

Nigel Bradham, LB 5yr, 40mil.
Our biggest splash spending of the FA period. We will need to out bid the Eagles in both money, and time commitment offered. With the questions about Foster's future, worst case scenario is we pair Bradham with Malcolm Smith for a year, and best case scenario is we have a prime Bradham with a young Foster for the early portion of our championship window.

Trey Burton, TE 3yr, 21 mil.
There are worse strategies than poaching players from the reigning super bowl champs. This is a FA we won't have to grossly overpay for, as he will be very happy to be the #1 move TE option for a prime Jimmy G. Pairs nicely with Kittle and the receiving corps.

Eric Reid, S 4yr, 28.5 mil.
Due to protests, he has a light market, and decides a familiar situation and not needing to relocate is worth taking a mil or 2 less. Has been a very pleasantly surprising piece of the puzzle this past year, and can play the SS/LB hybrid position that teams are looking for in today's NFL. Perfect for big nickel, and can cover any deficiencies in the middle of the field caused by Rueben Foster's absence.

LeGarrette Blount, RB 2 yr, 2mil.
I don't care what scheme you run, every team can use a short yardage bruiser. If we let Hyde go, we have no one that can fit the bill. If we like Mcnichols in camp, and trust Juszczyk to pound the rock, then he's an easy cut.

Chris Hubbard, RT/OG 2 yr, 5mil.
Competition with Joshua Garnett for RG, and backup RT. Has a decent shot to win the starting job and earn himself some money in a few years.

Trades:
Shaquil Barrett, SAM 2018 3rd rd pick, conditional 2019 5th/6th.
Broncos need to clear and keep cap space open for Kirk Cousins. They have Von Miller, Shane Ray, and Shaq Barrett all at the same position. Rather than lose Shaq for a 3rd rd compensatory pick next year, they get a 3rd this year and a conditional pick next. For us, he's an immediate upgrade at strong side line backer, and is likely our top edge rusher in nickel packages, at the very least replacing Elvis Dumervil's production.

Round 1, Pick 15, Round 3, Pick 79; Arizona Cardinals Round 1, Pick 9, swap 2019 first round picks.
Not sure this has ever, or will ever happen in the NFL, but the niners are gambling on their own success, and hey, it's my mock. Broncos score Kirk Cousins in FA, and take Quenton Nelson, so he's off the board. If Rueben Foster is released, I stay put and take Roquon Smith to pair with Bradham (damn that sounds enticing), but I'm expecting, at least for this year, for Foster to be safe. Arizona wants to move up for Josh Allen, QB. We fleece them like we did the bears, convincing them other teams are calling. Would we be willing to "help" a divisional rival, and give them a potential FQB? Lynch ain't afraid of no Cardinals and Josh Allen! We worry about our own team, our own roster, and our own success. We signed Jimmy to a record breaking deal for a reason, because we believe he can beat anyone, anyday. We are betting that we're building the best roster in the NFL, regardless of what other teams are doing, and we are betting that our record will be that much better than the Card's next year, and thus our draft pick much less valuable. We set ourselves up next draft to get a difference maker like a Joe Jackson, LEO or Trey Adams, LT, even if we make the playoffs this year.

Draft:
RD1P15: Isaiah Wynn, OG/OT
I hate that we resigned Kilgore, but we did. If he's our center for the immediate foreseeable future, we better help him out by surrounding him with top talent at guard. Wynn will be a monster in our scheme, and, I believe, can even play left tackle despite his length limitations.

RD2P59: Isaiah Oliver, CB
James Daniels, OC/OG is who I want here, but the Kilgore deal changes things. We didn't give Kilgore much money, so perhaps they view him only as a backup, but right now, I have to assume they are not looking at center early. We need a corner opposite Ahkello, badly. What better than an old team mate, with length, athleticism, and fluidity. Is not yet a "shut down" caliber corner, but has all the intangibles to develop into a true #1, and does a lot of things that Saleh asks of our corners. Jimmy Ward will start the year at CB, and allow Oliver to develop.

RD3P70: Mark Walton, RB
Maybe a very rich man's Jerick McKinnon or a faster Alvin Kamara. Either way, a perennial pro bowl RB in Shanny's offense. An early 2nd round talent pushed down because of the depth of the class. It's too bad RoJo is gone, but Walton will make us all forgot about him once the season starts.

RD3P79: Nathan Shepherd, DT1T
Penetrating shaded nose. Commanded double And triple teams, albeit against inferior competition, and has some nice pass rush moves as evidenced at the senior bowl. Has good size and initial burst. At worst, transitions to 3T and we grab a guy like Derrick Brown next year.

R4P124: Chad Thomas, DE
A gamble, but a gamble worth taking. Has the size, athleticism, speed, strength, and flexibility to be a difference making LEO. There are pass rushers I have higher than Thomas, but most lack in size and ability against the run, and would require a much earlier pick. Chad Thomas has a higher floor as a base player, with just as high a ceiling as a pass rusher. I'm envisioning still needing to upgrade this position again next year, but Thomas opposite Shaq Barrett is a huge upgrade over our current situation, and still offers the possibility of having a star pass rusher should Thomas commit himself to football.

R5P134: Korey Robertson, WR
Probably my 8th to 10th favorite WR in the draft, but I think we have bigger needs. This is good value for a larger WR. I really like Garcon/Goodwin/Taylor, but I see a bit of Allen Robinson in Korey. I think he can start out as a redzone/3rd down target, and develop into the replacement for Garcon.

R6P170: Isaac Yiadom, CB
A new favorite of mine. Long, athletic, aggressive.

R7P201: Michael Joseph, CB
An old favorite of mine. Long, athletic, aggressive.

R7P214: Coleman Shelton, OC
Not a player comp, but similar to Daniel Kilgore in that he has the requisite technique, work ethic, and mobility for the scheme, but is lacking in strength. The difference is Kilgore is maxed out, whereas Shelton will just be starting.

QB: Jimmy Garoppolo, CJ Beathard
RB: Mark Walton, Matt Breida, LeGarrette Blount
FB: Kyle Juszczyk
OL: Joe Staley, Isaiah Wynn, Daniel Kilgore, Joshua Garnett, Trenton Brown, Erik Magnuson, Coleman Shelton, Chris Hubbard, Darrell Williams Jr.
WR: Pierre Garcon, Marquise Goodwin, Trent Taylor, Korey Robertson, Kendrick Bourne, Victor Bolden Jr.
TE: George Kittle, Trey Burton, Garrett Celek

DL: Chad Thomas, Soloman Thomas, Earl Mitchell, DeForest Buckner, Ronald Blair, Sheldon Day, DJ Jones, Arik Armstead, Tank Carradine, Nathan Shepherd
LB: Rueben Foster, Nigel Bradham, Shaquil Barrett, Malcolm Smith, Cassius Marsh, Brock Coyle
CB: Isaiah Oliver, Ahkello Witherspoon, Isaac Yiadom, Michael Joseph, Jimmie Ward, K'Waun Williams
S: Jaquiski Tartt, Adrian Colbert, Chanceller James, Eric Reid
P: Bradley Pinion
LS: Kyle Nelson
K: Robbie Gould

2019 targets: Joe Jackson, Derrick Brown, Taylor Rapp, Juwan Johnson, Trey Adams

Just for fun:
Browns 4 rd mock.

RD1P1: Sam Darnold. FQB
RD1P4: Bradley Chubb. This DL is absolutely unfair. Maybe best in NFL.
RD2P33: Rashaan Evans. Perfect linebacker to compliment the DL.
RD2P35: Jaire Alexander. Shutdown CB.
RD2P64: Sony Michel. FRB.
RD3P65: Michael Gallup. Need a Mr. Reliable possession receiver. Njoku and Gordon are always good for the splash plays.
RD4P97: Jesse Bates III. Allows Peppers to play closer to the line.
RD4P119: Keke Coutee. Speed at WR. Similar to Deontay Burnett for Darnold.
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Feb 16, 2018 at 12:03 AM ]
Wouldn't we have three 3s since we already had two and you got one from the Cards?
Can't help myself lol.

Notable FA: Allen Robinson, Jerrick McKinnon, Josh Sitton, Eric Reid, Brandon Fusco

Draft: Move back and pick up an extra second.

RD1: Rashaan Evans, ILB
RD2: Isaiah Oliver, CB
RD2: Josh Sweat, DE
RD3: James Daniels, C
RD3: Desmond Harrison, OT
RD4: Kemoko Turray, EDGE
RD5: Isaac Yiadom, CB
RD6: Daurice Fountain, WR
Can't help myself lol.

Notable FA: Allen Robinson, Jerrick McKinnon, Josh Sitton, Eric Reid, Brandon Fusco

Draft: Move back and pick up an extra second.

RD1: Rashaan Evans, ILB
RD2: Isaiah Oliver, CB
RD2: Josh Sweat, DE
RD3: James Daniels, C
RD3: Desmond Harrison, OT
RD4: Kemoko Turray, EDGE
RD5: Isaac Yiadom, CB
RD6: Daurice Fountain, WR

Niiiiiice.
Original post updated one last time before the start of the tampering period.
Bumping this for draft targets tonight
Gonna transition this into 2019 now. Keep my list of 2018 guys to see who I hit on, and who I completely missed on, and start compiling a list of fits for the 2019 draft
Week 1 Mock Draft

R1: Brian Burns, ER (alternates: Clellin Ferrel (DE), Montez Sweat (ER))
I actually think Clellin Ferrel will be the better 3 down player, but because we have Soloman Thomas playing WDE in base, I'm aiming for the splashier player with the higher upside when looking strictly from a "get to the passer" stand point. I originally had Burns dropping to the second, similar to Harold Landry, because of size concerns. Only, on top of the elite burst and bend, he also appears to have elite length, and a lot of nuance to his pass rush, which is filled with quite a bit of different moves and counters. I do still think he will go lower than some of his biggest supporters on draft Twitter, just because he is very light, and the NFL tends to like big 270 pound players, so he should be there for us to pick, unless we just have an absolutely phenomenal season. Clellin Ferrel would have been my 1st round pick last year had he declared, so obviously I'd be happy with him, though I think he goes earlier than our pick. Montez Sweat is really shaping up to be a nice consolation prize, should we miss out on both, and I would not be upset or disappointed at all.

R2: Elgton Jenkins, IOL (alternates: Garrett Brumfield (OG), David Edwards (OT))
The 2nd round is probably quite rich for Elgton Jenkins at this point in the season, but I don't think a people mover of Jenkin's ability will stay hidden and off of people's radars for long. I think we need an immediate push starter for Laken Tomlinson, but that may change depending on his play this season. As of now, I'd feel much better with Jenkins and Garnett starting, with Person, Tomlinson, and/or Magnusson backing them up. Jenkins plays center, and can back up there as well, offering positional versatility. Will make it easier to get the best 5 OL on the field at once. I actually wanted David Edwards here, but struggle to invest such high draft capital in a player who won't see the field right away. We do need the heir apparent either to Joe Staley on the left, or McGlinchey on the right if he is the eventual successor to Staley. However, I think Staley has at least 2 or 3 years left in him, and I would not want to do him dirty, and trade or cut him if he wants to retire a 49er, and is finally having fun again. I think draft capital will be better spent finding an immediate upgrade at a position of greater immediate need, and pick up a developmental tackle later, given we likely have the time to groom him.

R3: Jamal Peters, CB (alternate: Taylor Rapp (S), Derrick Brown (DT))
Obviously, Richard Sherman is not the long term answer, and at this point, I still don't know if Moore will be either. I hated the pick when we made it, but after cooling down, I am intrigued by his upside. However, it is solely upside at the moment, and we need to stock up on as many quality CB prospects as we can. I think Peters checks the boxes in what we typically look for. Big, physical, and highly athletic, Peters is a converted safety who has good discipline to read the QB and break on the ball. I dont see any other potential starting CBs, that are also scheme fits, falling this far, as it's at this point shaping up to be a pretty weak class. There would be worse things than picking up another veteran in free agency to play opposite Ahkello Witherspoon in case Moore needs more time or simply isnt the guy Lynch had hoped. Rapp would be excellent insurance in case Tartt doesnt live up to the lofty expectations we have set for him, and that his limited tape has warranted. As for Brown, I have been highly intrigued by his upside for a long time now. I have been mocking him to us since the 2017 draft, as I try to predict future picks to fill remaining holes. He had be an immediate upgrade at DT1T, but an unnecessary one.

R4: Yodny Cajuste, OT (alternates: Tyree St. Louis (OT), Tyler Jones, (OG))
Assuming we didn't take an OT in round two, this is where we can pick up a guy who has all of the tools, but hasn't quite put it all together yet. Cajuste and St. Louis both have the size and mobility to develop into potential starters. If we did take an OT in round two, then we still will need a guard to come in and compete.

R6: Alaric Jackson, OT (alternates: Micky Crum, TE)
Even if we draft our OT of the future, we still need our 4th tackle/swing of the future. Given that we just signed 2 back up tackles last minute, its clear the team agrees that this is a need. Alaric Jackson may be a PS candidate, but he can potentially develop into a great player. As for Micky Crum, I am completely disappointed in Hikutini. I was expecting him to develop into a mismatch nightmare, but the only nightmare was his hands. What good is your ability to get open, or win contested catches at the catch point, only to have the ball clang off of your hands?!?! We can take his ex-teammate who has had some injury issues, and really, has not produced thus far, but that I think has the upside. I've heard his coaches and local scouts have been saying good things as well.
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Sep 6, 2018 at 8:31 AM ]

Post week2

R1: Clellin Ferrel, DE
I think Brian Burns is the more explosive talent, and I'd be happy with any one of him, Clellin, or Montez Sweat. However, I think its becoming more apparent that both Solly is not the guy, and that we may be in range to actually draft this guy, and I think he offers the best plug n play 4 down upside.

R2: Amani Oruwariye, CB
I'm not worried about Ahkello. Even before learning that Ahkello was playing on a hobbled ankle, I wasnt worried. He'll be fine. With that being said, it is always safe to wonder if you have a true CB1 on your roster. Amani has the tools to compete with Ahkello and Moore for that role, whenever it is that Sherman either leaves, or regresses.

R3: Hakeem Butler, WR
Goodwin being out greatly hurts our team, and I'm confident Pettis is going to be a stud. Still, we are greatly in need of an alpha receiver.

R4: Elgton Jenkins, IOL
Does he make it this far? Probably not, but our OL has surprisingly played well enough, even with injury to Garnett, to not need to reach for a IOL. Jenkins is an absolute stud however, and very versatile.

R6: Alaric Jackson, OT
Swing. And hopefully not a miss.
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Sep 19, 2018 at 10:47 PM ]
Post week2

R1: Clellin Ferrel, DE
I think Brian Burns is the more explosive talent, and I'd be happy with any one of him, Clellin, or Montez Sweat. However, I think its becoming more apparent that both Solly is not the guy, and that we may be in range to actually draft this guy, and I think he offers the best plug n play 4 down upside.

R2: Amani Oruwariye, CB
I'm not worried about Ahkello. Even before learning that Ahkello was playing on a hobbled ankle, I wasnt worried. He'll be fine. With that being said, it is always safe to wonder if you have a true CB1 on your roster. Amani has the tools to compete with Ahkello and Moore for that role, whenever it is that Sherman either leaves, or regresses.

R3: Hakeem Butler, WR
Goodwin being out greatly hurts our team, and I'm confident Pettis is going to be a stud. Still, we are greatly in need of an alpha receiver.

R4: Elgton Jenkins, IOL
Does he make it this far? Probably not, but our OL has surprisingly played well enough, even with injury to Garnett, to not need to reach for a IOL. Jenkins is an absolute stud however, and very versatile.

R6: Alaric Jackson, OT
Swing. And hopefully not a miss.

I was really liking your post #55, but now I am not so happy! Leaving an OT till the 6th, with Staley 34 years old?

Let me be clear, I am not arguing about the needs you are covering. But prioritising OT behind receiver and corner and as low as the 6th? Worrying. Within a year that guy could be our starting RT.

I want an edge rusher, a top tackle and at least one guard/center out of the next draft. Love an alpha receiver and a replacement for Sherman, but I prioritise these somewhat lower. And for just this next draft, not BPA! Please.
Originally posted by English:
I was really liking your post #55, but now I am not so happy! Leaving an OT till the 6th, with Staley 34 years old?

Let me be clear, I am not arguing about the needs you are covering. But prioritising OT behind receiver and corner and as low as the 6th? Worrying. Within a year that guy could be our starting RT.

I want an edge rusher, a top tackle and at least one guard/center out of the next draft. Love an alpha receiver and a replacement for Sherman, but I prioritise these somewhat lower. And for just this next draft, not BPA! Please.

I struggled with that also, and it's definitely an over reaction to the lions game. I do think Staleys replacement can wait a year, however, and that we can use a high pick on him.
Originally posted by English:

I struggled with that also, and it's definitely an over reaction to the lions game. I do think Staleys replacement can wait a year, however, and that we can use a high pick on him.

ooooooooh!! Hope you are right.
Post week 3:

Screw it, its time to start dreaming about free agency as well.
FA:
Jadeveon Clowney, DE
Dante Fowler, DE

Draft:
RD1: Greedy Williams, CB
Sherman is getting older, more injury prone, and we will have elite players at all 3 levels of the defense. With Foster and Warner in the middle, and DeFo/Fowler/Clowney up front, Greedy can be the missing piece opposite Ahkello.

RD2: Deebo Samuel, WR
With our defense set, we can turn our focus to surrounding Jimmy G with some weapons. Deebo is every thing Shanny would look for in a WR1, and will immediately replace Garcon.

RD3: Hakeem Butler, WR
Even with Jimmy G out there, our offense sputtered. Part of it was Jimmy looking a little timid, but our guys just werent getting open. We need that alpha receiver. Butler can fit within confines of Shanny' scheme, but he can also use his size and leaping ability to be a security blanket as well. Deebo/Goodwin/Pettis/Butler. Let James, Bourne, and Taylor fight for the last 2 spots.

RD4: Elgton Jenkins, OG

RD6: Alaric Jackson, OT
Share 49ersWebzone