QB: Mike Glennon
QB: Matt Schaub
FB: Pat DiMarco
WR: Jeremy Kerley
OLB: Nick Perry
ILB: Kevin Minter
CB: Dre Kirkpatrick

Draft:

Trade: Trade #2 overall to NYJ so they can get their QB they want. 49ers get #6 & #39.

Trade #6 to Colts for #14/#15 & #46/47 & #119. Colts can get Dalvin Cook.

1 Mike Williams or Corey Davis (WR)
2 Christian McCaffery or Alvin Kamara (RB)
2 Hassan Reddick (LB)
2 Dan Feeney (OG)
3 Marcus Maye (S)
4 Nathan Peterman (QB)
4 Devonte Fields (Edge)
5 Ryan Switzer (WR)
6 JJ Dielman (OT)
6 Riley Bullough (LB)
7 Demetrius Cox (CB)
7 Jon Toth (OC)
7 Des Lawrence (CB)
Well done!
Exchanging #2 for #6 and #39 would be a very poor deal for us. The Colts trade is a much better balance.
[ Edited by English on Feb 11, 2017 at 9:22 AM ]
Originally posted by English:
Exchanging #2 for #6 and #39 would be a very poor deal for us. The Colts trade is a much better balance.

I use the points sheet to come up with the total for the Jets trade. My thinking is we wouldn't get anymore picks out of them for this draft but could get a round 2 next season. I should've posted that but just went with this years selections.
Nick Perry can barely stay healthy and Kevin Minter flat out sucks.

I've already seen Hassan Reddick in multiple mocks going in the first round.

With Lynch and Shanahan really hammering home the notion of drafting players with character, Devonte Fields seems unrealistic.

I love the Feeney, Toth and Dielman pick ups. I don't think Toth lasts that long, tho.
Originally posted by HoosierNiner:

I use the points sheet to come up with the total for the Jets trade. My thinking is we wouldn't get anymore picks out of them for this draft but could get a round 2 next season. I should've posted that but just went with this years selections.

Ok I will let you off then
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

Agree. No bueno. You can't trade back 4 spots in the top 10 any only get a 2nd rounder. That's close to get a 1st next year territory.
Very nice, man. I'd sign either Schaub or Glennon, not both. I just don't see Shanahan starting a journeyman or rookie at QB. So, my version would have KS/JL trade out of the #2 spot to the Jets (seems to make the most sense) to trade for Garrapolo. I really hadn't thought about a 2nd trade, but it could work. My QB is Mahomes instead of Peterman, but I like what you've done overall a lot. There's a distinct sense of reality to it.
What if HoosierNiner is really John Lynch trying to gauge fan reaction?
I like the mock, the free agency is not bad either. I would go a couple other routes but could live with this free agency class. The only thing I do not like is what the Jets are giving us in the trade. The draft calculator says it is fair for us but I do not believe that at all. The draft value sheet says we are getting screwed Buy around 500 points which I totally agree with. I believe the Jets need to give up more than just the 6th and 39th pick. I'd say if the Jets with throw in a second round pick next year I would be all for it, but I don't think we are getting great value with what they are giving up in your scenario.
I would also prefer the Colts give us a second rounder next year that way we have good picks in next year's draft when I believe it'll mean more to us in a better overall draft.

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Very nice, man. I'd sign either Schaub or Glennon, not both. I just don't see Shanahan starting a journeyman or rookie at QB. So, my version would have KS/JL trade out of the #2 spot to the Jets (seems to make the most sense) to trade for Garrapolo. I really hadn't thought about a 2nd trade, but it could work. My QB is Mahomes instead of Peterman, but I like what you've done overall a lot. There's a distinct sense of reality to it.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I went with Glennon over Garoppolo because he actually has been a starter in the NFL and wasn't really that bad. Very good accuracy on the screen and intermediate passes. Which is a good thing for Shanahan offense. Plus, we could sign Glennon, we'd have to trade for Garoppolo, that could cost us some valuable picks. Mahomes vs Peterman is apples and oranges. Mahomes would have to be selected in Rd 2 instead of 4 like Peterman.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
What if HoosierNiner is really John Lynch trying to gauge fan reaction?

Ha, I wish.
You gonna pay glennon $15 million a yr? Cause that's what reportly he's gonna get.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports impending free agent Mike Glennon "could fetch" $13-15 million per year on his next contract.

You think he's the answer for Kyle's WCO? Not sure if you've watch him play he hasn't been good at all...failed to complete 60% of his passes.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 11, 2017 at 5:05 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
You gonna pay glennon $15 million a yr? Cause that's what reportly he's gonna get.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports impending free agent Mike Glennon "could fetch" $13-15 million per year on his next contract.

You think he's the answer for Kyle's WCO? Not sure if you've watch him play he hasn't been good at all...failed to complete 60% of his passes.

That's pretty cheap compared to others out here. And yes, he can play in the WCO in my opinion. Is he long term? Who knows, but wouldn't cost us as much as other potential that doesn't have hardly any experience. And his 59% comp rate is pretty close to 60pct and he doesn't turn the ball over much at all.
Originally posted by HoosierNiner:
That's pretty cheap compared to others out here. And yes, he can play in the WCO in my opinion. Is he long term? Who knows, but wouldn't cost us as much as other potential that doesn't have hardly any experience. And his 59% comp rate is pretty close to 60pct and he doesn't turn the ball over much at all.

$15 million for mike f**king glennon?? Dude stop he's stats are piss poor, he's not accurate, he has a slow release etc...if he was good at all why did TB move on from him with Winston?

You know who else doesn't turn the ball over? Kap lol

This would be horrible IMO
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 12, 2017 at 4:31 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone