Mock draft offseason 2.0

Resign/extend
Lynch OLB 2 years/15 million with incentives and team option for year 3
Ward CB 5 yrs/ 52 million
Ian Williams NT if healthy 1 yr/2.5 million
Dorsey DT 1 yrs/3 million
J. Kerley wr 3 yrs/11 million

Trades
D. Johnson cb to broncos for 2018 6th round pick.
T. Smith to Washington for pick 102 in round 4. Their probadly going to lose their top 2 WRs in free agency.
Trade 2017 Pick 2 round 1 to Jets for 2017 Pick 6, round 2 pick 38, 2018 3rd round pick. And Devin Smith WR. They have a lot of young WRs and smith has been injured. And needs a change of scenery.
J. Staley OT to the Colts for Pick 48 in round 2 we trade him to a contender to give him a run at a title.

Free agents
Nick Perry OLB GB 5 yrs/65 million
Dontario Poe NT 5 yrs/ 65 million
S. Gilmore CB 5 yrs/ 62 million
J. Cutler 3 yrs/ 18 million Good QB
M. Te'o ILB 3 yrs/12 million

Cuts
Bethea saves 6 million
Kapernick saves 17.9 million
Brooks saves 8 million

Draft
Round 1 Pick 6 M. Williams we best we in the draft.
Round 2 Pick 34 Roderick Johnson OT
Round 2 pick 38 Dan freeny OG
Round 2 pick 48 Ethan Pocic OC
Round 3 pick 66 Curtis Samuel rb/we had over 700 yards rushing and receiving last season makes a change of pace back and has great hands in the slot.
Round 4 pick 98 D. Webb QB perfect fit for qb in waiting
Round 4 Pick 102 D. Thomlinson DE
Round 4 comp Kevin King CB
Round 5'Pick 129 J. Mixon RB
Round 5 Pick 145 Jake Butt TE redshirt year
Round 6 Pick 160 R. Switzer WR
Round 6 Pick 174 B. Boulware LB
Round 7 Pick 190 D. jones NT
Round 7 Pick 191 J. Elliott K
stopped reading when you said trade Staley
Originally posted by NYniner85:
stopped reading when you said trade Staley

This. And I was just wondering why the Broncos would give up anything to trade for Johnson.
Trade Staley and gave Cutler be our QB... you do know that the Bears sucked too right?!
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Trade Staley and gave Cutler be our QB... you do know that the Bears sucked too right?!

When the Bears held their opponents to 20 or less points they were 36-7 with Jay Cutler at QB. I would agree the Bears sucked but was Cutler the main reason?
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

When the Bears held their opponents to 20 or less points they were 36-7 with Jay Cutler at QB. I would agree the Bears sucked but was Cutler the main reason?

20 or less would mean that you have a top-10, potentially top-5 defense... I'm sure Alex Smith's numbers are similar when you get that kind of production from your defense.

Cutler has one of the best arms in the league, but he lacks mental toughness to really be in play for any playoff consideration...
Is it just me or does it seem like a lot of recent mocks on here are Crazy..?
Originally posted by jersey49er:

This lol
Ward CB 5 yrs/ 52 million???

Originally posted by NYniner85:

This lol

Ok thanks glad I'm possibly not the only 1 who realized it..maybe it's an east coast thing..lol

They get worse and worse each day.

20 or less would mean that you have a top-10, potentially top-5 defense... I'm sure Alex Smith's numbers are similar when you get that kind of production from your defense.

Cutler has one of the best arms in the league, but he lacks mental toughness to really be in play for any playoff consideration...

I'm not saying Cutler is a world beater and is a franchise QB. He isn't a leader, throws horrible interceptions and his off field antics is annoying. But If anyone thinks we will be competing for a playoff spot next year they are lying to themselves. Cutler is a middle of the road QB who will atleast let us compete in some games next year.
Any trade of our #2 pick that doesn't net us a 2018 early pick (amongst others) is simply not a good trade. Devin Smith, a guy who can't stay healthy? I'm guessing you only added him to this trade because he is a former Buckeye

I'd be fine with the draft though, just need better compensation for the #2 pick. We absolutely have to get a 1st or 2nd in 2018 at a minimum, especially seeing as how whoever is trading up with us will be doing so for their Franchise QB. They need to pay and Devin Smith instead of some future early picks along with a 1st, 2nd and 4th this year just ain't going to cut it

I'm not saying Cutler is a world beater and is a franchise QB. He isn't a leader, throws horrible interceptions and his off field antics is annoying. But If anyone thinks we will be competing for a playoff spot next year they are lying to themselves. Cutler is a middle of the road QB who will atleast let us compete in some games next year.

I think if Cutler was the QB next year my father would get arrested for murdering Jed York..

I think if Cutler was the QB next year my father would get arrested for murdering Jed York..

I would feel really bad your dad is in jail but if your saying all we have to do is sign Cutler to get rid of York I say we throw a 100 million contract at Cutler.
Share 49ersWebzone