There are 260 users in the forums

Mock Offseason 3.0

Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
No you just take the best qb at 2 and let your HC was the qb whisper develop him...you take all that cash you spend on two crappy qbs and put it into WRs, OL, and defense to build around your rookie qb.

Good idea. Problem is, there isn't a true #1 receiver available in free agency.

Not everything is gonna get done in one yr...improvement in system and qb will improve wr.
A WR at #2 please no trade down
Dont see hunt lasting til tha 7th round probably 4th rounder

QB- Tyrod Taylor (Buffalo) 5 years, 60M ......please god no
QB- Mike Glennon (Tampa Bay) 4 years, 12M.....please god no
RG- Larry Warford (Detroit) 5 years, 45M....think he's bigger then what shanny likes
NT- Bennie Logan (Philadelphia) 5 years, 40M ...rather have Hankins he's younger
WR- Pierre Garcon (Washington) 4 years, 23M ....everything I've read is sayin he wants back in washington...
Ideally we try to trade down but if we can't then what? Trubisky? Take another 3-4 DE for the 3rd year in a row? Maybe Fournette but is he BPA over Williams?

I don't care about past history of receivers taken at #2. I care about BPA which in this case is Jonathan Allen. But say we do trade down with a team who wants Allen, how far will Williams fall?

If he is our guy and he fits a need we draft him and not think twice.

If Garrett goes 1 then yeah I think trade down would be ideal. But if we couldn't swing that then Trubisky or Allen should be the pick. I'd rather swing the dice on a QB vs reaching on a WR.
Good idea. Problem is, there isn't a true #1 receiver available in free agency.

You can find #1 WRs outside the first though....or top 2 for sure.

Plus Jeffrey is borderline #1. It all starts with QB though. Good ones make lesser WRs better. No Julio Jones in this class.

I would like to draft one of the LSU receivers though. I think Dural or Dupree can be much better pros.
I like your draft a lot...up through Beckwith. I'd take the AZ St K Gonzalez instead...his Senior Bowl performance only showcased how good he is. I like Kareem Hunt, but there's no way he's still on the board in the 7th rd. I'd take a RB much earlier...3rd or 4th rd latest. Among my options would be McNichols, Brian Hill, or Gallman.

I'd say nyet to both your FA QB's. Taylor's not a WCO guy...and Glennon's an over priced journeyman. Lynch & Shanahan both like Cousins, but I think Garrapolo's a much easier get. I'd draft Mahomes. I like the rest of your FA's except Toilolo...he's the classic under-achiever. Instead, Jack Doyle's the TE to sign. He's very reliable, exactly what any WCO needs. I don't see Torrey Smith being traded now...not in a Shanahan offense. Wouldn't mind having Connor Barwin, though. Don't think I'd re-sign Chris Harper.
Love it! Except the qb signing and some good players falling 3 rounds to far. Trade down with the jets and hope williams is there. No foster. Rather have the mizzou or Florida MLB. I think we need to find two backs. A work horse. Kid from Byu and slasher Boise kid or hunt
stopped when I saw Tyrod Taylors name
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Not a fan of giving Tyrod Taylor that kind of contract.

I like your first 3 picks but to draft Mike Williams we have to be looking trade down.
If we sign Taylor I prefer only a 2-3 year deal that we can get out of after 2. Why sign Glennon as well? I'd rather spend the 3 mil on another position. Plus I think we will draft a QB somewhere. Shanahan will want to start developing a guy.
Originally posted by niners9:
If we sign Taylor I prefer only a 2-3 year deal that we can get out of after 2. Why sign Glennon as well? I'd rather spend the 3 mil on another position. Plus I think we will draft a QB somewhere. Shanahan will want to start developing a guy.

We will have 100 mil in cap space. I think we will be ok.

I like the Dre Kirkpatrick FA signing.
F giving taylor that kind of money. Do what the redskins did, and draft 2 QB's. One of them will stick....
1.2- Mike Williams, WR- Clemson
Cleveland takes Myles Garrett at #1. Since we took DE's with our last two 1st round picks we skip on Jonathan Allen. Shanahan's offense is predicated by having a true #1 monster of a receiver. Mike Williams is that guy.

2.2.- Takkarist McKinley, OLB- UCLA 6'2, 265

3.2- Raekwon McMillion, MLB- Ohio State 6'2, 240

4.2- Jeremy McNichols, RB- Boise State 5'9, 212

MAN FINALLYYYYY IM I AM ALL FOR MIKE WILLIAMS AT #2
I'd rather have Tyrod at WR
I almost threw up when I saw Tyrod Taylor for 5 yrs and $60mil. If he's a free agent, that means the crappy a$$ Bills cut him when he had almost an identical contract. No thank you.
Share 49ersWebzone