There are 284 users in the forums

2012 Free Agent WR's

that list kind of sucks. Outside of the players we've been looking at, I wouldn't mind takinga shot on Harry Douglas or Early Doucet(who is a punk b***h) but that's about it.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
that list kind of sucks. Outside of the players we've been looking at, I wouldn't mind takinga shot on Harry Douglas or Early Doucet(who is a punk b***h) but that's about it.

I think Douglas resigned with atl a few days ago. We better take lloyd
Originally posted by elguapo:

I think Douglas resigned with atl a few days ago. We better take lloyd

Yeah I would like to get him or Manningham atleast.
The guys that I think are best across the middle of the field are:

Manningham
Doucet

Would you agree?

How about Plaxico?
I have a feeling that teams, particularly the 49ers, have conducted their interviews and are now content to see how they do in the draft before signing a more expensive free agent -- and they are willing to live with the risk that their preferred guy might be gone.
What about Jerome Simpson from the Bengals, isn't he a FA?
Originally posted by 415fan:

Isnt he about to go to jail
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by 415fan:

Isnt he about to go to jail

yes I need to to just have an automated post for this ish.

April 4th sentencing hearing

prosecution is recommending 90 days behind bars, 200 hours community service, 3 years probation. So the likeliest day he'd be available is mid july.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Thank God! I didn't even need to sacrifice a lamb to make it happen!!(for those who saw my post earlier lol)

Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Jets announced they have agreed to principle on a contract with WR Chaz Schilens.

According to WalterFootball the top receivers left are

1. Mike Wallace
2. Brandon Lloyd(visted us)
3. Mario Manningham(visited us)
4. Braylon Edwards
5. Ted Ginn
6. Deion Branch
7. Jerome Simpson
8. Plaxico Burress
9. Jerricho Cotchery
10. Early Doucet
11. Lee Evans
12. Legedu Naanee
13. Donte Stallworth
14. Donnie Avery
15. Adrian Arrington
16. Andre Caldwell
17. Devin Aromashodu
18. Mark Clayton
19. Derek Hagan
20. Michael Spurlock
21. Patrick Crayton
22. Roy Williams
23. Anthony Gonzalez
24. Steve Smith
25. Hines Ward

Danny Amendola is another RFA with a 2nd round tender I would probably put in the top 10 of this list though. Call me crazy but do we consider bringing Braylon back at this point? Or was there something extra that we dont know about? Yes get got disinterested but he could do a lot for us.

Also the Peyton Manning pursuit in a weird roundabout way shows that we will break the bank for the right FA.
[ Edited by sfout on Mar 16, 2012 at 1:41 PM ]
At this point, any of the guys on that list would be an upgrade to our WR group. We need any two of them truthfully. Right now we have Crabtree. That's it. Moss is iffy. Bringing Ginn back would be nice. I hate that we lost Morgan. I really thought he was coming into his own up until the injury. Even if Moss is productive, we still only have two WRs worth a hoot. The 49ers better get about the business of improving in this position... and fast.

Originally posted by mississippi_sam:
At this point, any of the guys on that list would be an upgrade to our WR group. We need any two of them truthfully. Right now we have Crabtree. That's it. Moss is iffy. Bringing Ginn back would be nice. I hate that we lost Morgan. I really thought he was coming into his own up until the injury. Even if Moss is productive, we still only have two WRs worth a hoot. The 49ers better get about the business of improving in this position... and fast.

I'm sure we will get someone at the right price.

I would pay Doucet Calvin Johnson type of money to be the 49ers punching bag this season. Oh and Dashon Goldson gets first shot!
Originally posted by sfout:
Thank God! I didn't even need to sacrifice a lamb to make it happen!!(for those who saw my post earlier lol)

Jets announced they have agreed to principle on a contract with WR Chaz Schilens.

1. Mike Wallace
4. Braylon Edwards
5. Ted Ginn
6. Deion Branch
7. Jerome Simpson
8. Plaxico Burress
9. Jerricho Cotchery
10. Early Doucet
11. Lee Evans
12. Legedu Naanee
13. Donte Stallworth
14. Donnie Avery
15. Adrian Arrington
16. Andre Caldwell
17. Devin Aromashodu
18. Mark Clayton
19. Derek Hagan
20. Michael Spurlock
21. Patrick Crayton
22. Roy Williams
23. Anthony Gonzalez
24. Steve Smith
25. Hines Ward

Danny Amendola is another RFA with a 2nd round tender I would probably put in the top 10 of this list though. Call me crazy but do we consider bringing Braylon back at this point? Or was there something extra that we dont know about? Yes get got disinterested but he could do a lot for us.

Also the Peyton Manning pursuit in a weird roundabout way shows that we will break the bank for the right FA.

Hmmmm, I wouldn't mind taking a look at Branch. He could have productive slot WR promise.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

1. Mike Wallace
4. Braylon Edwards
5. Ted Ginn
6. Deion Branch
7. Jerome Simpson
8. Plaxico Burress
9. Jerricho Cotchery
10. Early Doucet
11. Lee Evans
12. Legedu Naanee
13. Donte Stallworth
14. Donnie Avery
15. Adrian Arrington
16. Andre Caldwell
17. Devin Aromashodu
18. Mark Clayton
19. Derek Hagan
20. Michael Spurlock
21. Patrick Crayton
22. Roy Williams
23. Anthony Gonzalez
24. Steve Smith
25. Hines Ward

Hmmmm, I wouldn't mind taking a look at Branch. He could have productive slot WR promise.

1. Mike Wallace
4. Braylon Edwards
5. Ted Ginn
6. Deion Branch
7. Jerome Simpson
8. Plaxico Burress
9. Jerricho Cotchery
10. Early Doucet
11. Lee Evans
12. Legedu Naanee
13. Donte Stallworth
14. Donnie Avery
15. Adrian Arrington
16. Andre Caldwell
17. Devin Aromashodu
18. Mark Clayton
19. Derek Hagan
20. Michael Spurlock
21. Patrick Crayton
22. Roy Williams
23. Anthony Gonzalez
24. Steve Smith
25. Hines Ward

Manningham is rumored to be close to signing with the Rams, so beyond Lloyd and maybe Doucet I don't see much on that list that I think can help us. I originally wasn't interested in Doucet, but he didn't have a bad season last year 54rec 698yds and 5tds, that looks pretty good in a dwindling receiver market. If we don't get one of those guys we will need two not one receiver through the draft.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Brandon Lloyd close to agreement with Pats
Share 49ersWebzone