LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

Will Mostert be a better FF option than Breida?

He got more touches than Breida, but the staff seem content with Breida as RB1 right now. Was this just a product of KS scheming Mostert or is this a trend?

I have Breida, should I drop him for Mostert?

I can have 4 RBs max and I have McCaffrey, Breida, L. Murray and D. Montgomery.
Or maybe I drop L. Murray?
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
He got more touches than Breida, but the staff seem content with Breida as RB1 right now. Was this just a product of KS scheming Mostert or is this a trend?

He got more touches because game was out of hand. He put Mostert and wilson in to mop up.

That said, i like Mostert alot more the L. Murray especially without Brees
You absolutely should NOT drop Breida for Mostert.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
You absolutely should NOT drop Breida for Mostert.

This
Yeah don't drop breida for mostert but I wouldn't be surprised if breida is in and out of the locker room or goes on ir at some point. Then you have to see where McKinnon and Coleman are. All 3 are like made of glass. If all 3 are gone then mostert becomes an rb1
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Yeah don't drop breida for mostert but I wouldn't be surprised if breida is in and out of the locker room or goes on ir at some point. Then you have to see where McKinnon and Coleman are. All 3 are like made of glass. If all 3 are gone then mostert becomes an rb1

McKinnon is out for the year. Coleman is probably coming back in 2-3 weeks

we had a large lead and they want to preserve Breida as much as they can for the season. so that's why Mostert ended up with more touches. context.
Originally posted by SkyZer0:

we had a large lead and they want to preserve Breida as much as they can for the season. so that's why Mostert ended up with more touches. context.

I thought it is just the way Kyle does it. His RBs will share the load. PIT sucks vs fast RBs who can also catch. They also suck vs TE. PIT is based off of LBs who can stop the run. This may be a big game by Kittle and Debo in short throws with a lot of passes to Breida and Mostert.
Originally posted by Joecool:

I thought it is just the way Kyle does it. His RBs will share the load. PIT sucks vs fast RBs who can also catch. They also suck vs TE. PIT is based off of LBs who can stop the run. This may be a big game by Kittle and Debo in short throws with a lot of passes to Breida and Mostert.

nah, we were definitely preserving Breida since Wilson and Mostert got all the carries in the 2nd half. we were up like 35+ to 10.
[ Edited by SkyZer0 on Sep 19, 2019 at 6:14 AM ]

nah, we were definitely preserving Breida since Wilson and Mostert got all the carries in the 2nd half. we were up like 35+ to 10.

Mostert seems to have better acceleration. Breida runs tough but Mostert got a little bigger and falls forward more often.

Mostert seems to have better acceleration. Breida runs tough but Mostert got a little bigger and falls forward more often.

that man is FAST. any time he touches the ball good things always seem to happen
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
For fantasy players curious about Jeff Wilson Jr. "vulturing" touchdowns at the goal line, this is what Kyle Shanahan said on Monday: "I wouldn't say he's our designated red-zone back, but that was how we planned going into the game... We tried to do that when we got down there."

Nick Wagoner went on to say, "there might be no official designation but clearly Wilson gives #49ers a more physical presence and for time being it makes sense to give him carries in short yardage and goal line situations considering success he had last week."

https://www.4for4.com/fantasy-football/news/rb-jeff-wilson-might-be-49ers-goal-line-back
Originally posted by boast:
For fantasy players curious about Jeff Wilson Jr. "vulturing" touchdowns at the goal line, this is what Kyle Shanahan said on Monday: "I wouldn't say he's our designated red-zone back, but that was how we planned going into the game... We tried to do that when we got down there."

Nick Wagoner went on to say, "there might be no official designation but clearly Wilson gives #49ers a more physical presence and for time being it makes sense to give him carries in short yardage and goal line situations considering success he had last week."

https://www.4for4.com/fantasy-football/news/rb-jeff-wilson-might-be-49ers-goal-line-back

i already have breida. i feel like itd be too risky to play 2 RB's for the same team as my starters.

(conner and josh jacobs were my draft picks...)
Thanks everyone, as I was reading these responses earlier in the week, another opponent picked up Mostert.

I agree that Breida is the RB1 right now and Mostert and Wilson will be sharing time.

That being said, I am starting Breida vs the Steelers tomorrow.

Go 49ers!
Share 49ersWebzone