LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

Boys, I return hat in hand seeking council on how to destroy my work colleagues

• fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Fellas, today, I was asked to join--I might add I was asked ala that kid in middle school dodge ball last-- for my work fantasy league. I seek to destroy these fools, for their insolence. But, really, I am open to all suggestions and tips to be successful.

I'll hang up and listen.
what kinda league is it - PPR, non-PPR? How many teams? How many spots are there per position? For example, do you have one QB, one RB, and two WR spots, etc. etc? Or are there more or less spots per position? Check out the Webzone Meh FF thread to get an idea of how FF works in general.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Okay, so I am familiar with some of this but some settings are new or at least weirdly worded.

Here are the basics of the league:
  • 10 teams
  • H2H, PPR
  • Draft Type is Snake (Does this mean team 1-10 drafts and then team 10-1?)
  • Roster limited to 16, 9 starters, 7 bench
  • QB: 1
  • RB: 2
  • WR: 2
  • TE: 1
  • FLEX: 1
  • Team D: 1
  • PK: 1

Scoring

Passing
Passing Yards (PY)
TD Pass (PTD)
Interceptions Thrown (INT)
2pt Passing Conversion (2PC)

Receiving
Receiving Yards (REY)
Each reception (REC)
TD Reception (RETD)
2pt Receiving Conversion (2PRE)
Kicking
Each PAT Made (PAT)
Total FG Missed (FGM)
FG Made (0-39 yards) (FG0)
FG Made (40-49 yards) (FG40)
FG Made (50+ yards) (FG50)
Team Defense / Special Teams
Kickoff Return TD (KRTD)
Punt Return TD (PRTD)
Interception Return TD (INTTD)
Fumble Return TD (FRTD)
Blocked Punt or FG return for TD (BLKKRTD)
2pt Return (2PTRET)
1pt Safety (1PSF)
Each Sack (SK)
Blocked Punt, PAT or FG (BLKK)
Each Interception (INT)
Each Fumble Recovered (FR)
Each Safety (SF)
0 points allowed (PA0)
1-6 points allowed (PA1)
7-13 points allowed (PA7)
14-17 points allowed (PA14)
28-34 points allowed (PA28)
35-45 points allowed (PA35)
46+ points allowed (PA46)
Less than 100 total yards allowed (YA100)
100-199 total yards allowed (YA199)
200-299 total yards allowed (YA299)
350-399 total yards allowed (YA399)
400-449 total yards allowed (YA449)
450-499 total yards allowed (YA499)
500-549 total yards allowed (YA549)
550+ total yards allowed (YA550)
Miscellaneous
Kickoff Return TD (KRTD)
Punt Return TD (PRTD)
Fumble Recovered for TD (FTD)
Total Fumbles Lost (FUML)
Interception Return TD (INTTD)
Fumble Return TD (FRTD)
Blocked Punt or FG return for TD (BLKKRTD)
2pt Return (2PTRET)
1pt Safety (1PSF)
Rushing Yards (RY)
TD Rush (RTD)
2pt Rushing Conversion (2PR)

I hope this helps.
that's a good league, it's pretty straight forward. the nice thing is it's 10 teams so you'll have a chance to get some really good players throughout the entire draft. you are right about the snake draft - it is 1-10 then 10-1 then back around again.

PPR stands for Points Per Reception. so you not only get standard points for things like pass yards, rush yards, touchdowns and so on, you also get points for each reception one of your players make. in PPR leagues, players, especially running backs, that have high rushing totals and can catch the ball out of the backfield are the most valuable. that is why if you look up draft rankings players like saquon barkley, alvin kamara, and christian mccaffrey rank amongst the highest players available.

when drafting it's usually wise not to go with qb's, defenses, or kickers in the early rounds; unless there is an exception like patrick mahomes but this is often rare. rounds 1-5 are usually reserved to stack up on rb's and wr's. te's can go as early as the 1st round but are typically taken 2-3 for top tier players. again, you are in a 10 team league so there can be some flexibility in your strategy.

below are a couple of useful links to research further, and a link to mock draft. i recommend trying out some mock drafts to get in some practice. as a vet, i still do a few of these to warm up before my real draft starts.

https://sports.yahoo.com/2019-fantasy-football-rankings-taking-stock-at-every-position-142954685.html

https://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/id/26806852/fantasy-football-cheat-sheets-updated-2019-player-rankings-ppr-non-ppr-depth-charts-dynasty

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/draft

hope that helps!
pay any member of the webzone meh league $20 to draft for you if you really want to stick it to your annoying co-workers
[ Edited by MoistButtCheeks on Aug 27, 2019 at 9:01 PM ]
Whatever you do dont let Moist draft for you. He will take Drew Brees 5 rounds too early.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
pay any member of the webzone meh league $20 to draft for you if you really want to stick it to your annoying co-workers

this
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Whatever you do dont let Moist draft for you. He will take Drew Brees 5 rounds too early.

my face is so tense right now
Share 49ersWebzone