LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 324 users in the forums

Webzone Meh Fantasy League Season 7 Rubber is the Champ

• Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:

EDIT: disregard this. Ill just pay my $60 and collect whatever I collect at end of the year

You want to stay at $60 for the buy in or jump up to $100?
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tman:

EDIT: disregard this. Ill just pay my $60 and collect whatever I collect at end of the year

I want 100 but it doesn't appear as if it's a unanimous decision. Which with us all (almost all) in this league from the start, it's only right to bump up the entry fee based on 100% unanimous decision. If even 1 person says no for whatever reason. We shouldn't do and say screw you.

We all clearly was fine with $60 which is why we joined. We all should clearly be on board for $100.

That's my personal opinion. But again im fine with whatever.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I agree. Weekly score is wack imo

Paying a 4th place finisher is whack. If not using for weekly high score use the 4th place money elsewhere.

I look at it as the reward for making the playoffs which shows a job well done by the manager. Weekly high score is just to fluky imo.

I agree its fluky. But i have played in leagues where every week paid the highest scoring team. And being highest scorer twice in a season assured your money back.

And there were years where by week 5 thats all i was playing for. Every year in every league there will be teams out of it by week 5 or 6 with nothing to play for.

There are 6 teams that make the playoffs and we are paying more than half of them. Which to me takes away from the 3rd place game. And as i said, the 4th place finisher is guaranteed to have a losing playoff record.
  • Tman
  • Veteran

I want 100 but it doesn't appear as if it's a unanimous decision. Which with us all (almost all) in this league from the start, it's only right to bump up the entry fee based on 100% unanimous decision. If even 1 person says no for whatever reason. We shouldn't do and say screw you.

We all clearly was fine with $60 which is why we joined. We all should clearly be on board for $100.

That's my personal opinion. But again im fine with whatever.

Cool just checking, I feel the same
  • Tman
  • Veteran

Paying a 4th place finisher is whack. If not using for weekly high score use the 4th place money elsewhere.

I look at it as the reward for making the playoffs which shows a job well done by the manager. Weekly high score is just to fluky imo.

I agree its fluky. But i have played in leagues where every week paid the highest scoring team. And being highest scorer twice in a season assured your money back.

And there were years where by week 5 thats all i was playing for. Every year in every league there will be teams out of it by week 5 or 6 with nothing to play for.

There are 6 teams that make the playoffs and we are paying more than half of them. Which to me takes away from the 3rd place game. And as i said, the 4th place finisher is guaranteed to have a losing playoff record.

Yea I get it, I should have said the second round of the playoffs.

The 4th place team can also be a team that is great during the season, gets a key injury, and loses twice in the playoffs. I know, it happened to me a couple of years ago. That team should be rewarded more than some team that gets a lucky fluke week.

I am really not interested in the highest week payout and it sounds like Rubs and T agree.

Think about this. You could be good all year and lose in the playoffs and finish 4th, or you could suck, lose every game except one and have the highest one week total.

That's why highest week doesn't impress me. Highest season is a testament to good drafting and generally good results.

Highest scoring person each week is fun and why online draft leagues are popular. I wouldn't have an issue running a weekly one like that but this is more season oriented
And for the record I'm fine with $100. It seems like most are. If people aren't you can say so in here or Pm me. If nobody objects we can just move to $100
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Highest scoring person each week is fun and why online draft leagues are popular. I wouldn't have an issue running a weekly one like that but this is more season oriented

Well well well. We could have 2 $60 leagues instead of 1 $100 league.

I'm in.

Actually 2nd league obviously more than $60 but I'd still be in
[ Edited by krizay on Aug 5, 2019 at 4:59 PM ]

• krizay
  • Veteran
Think about this. You could be good all year and lose in the playoffs and finish 4th, or you could suck, lose every game except one and have the highest one week total.

That's why highest week doesn't impress me. Highest season is a testament to good drafting and generally good results.

Oh i get the bad luck part of it. But dem the breaks.

As for losing every week but one. That is true. But it helps my argument in that it allowed that owner to have something to play for every week.

But hey. I agree to disagree and move on
Rubs....I think we still need one more owner right? As I see it we lost Jiks and MBC and picked up SWH.

If you were thinking that Waterbear was in you may need to rethink that. He posted this in the fantasy fb that he will be gone for several weeks before the season with no interest access
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Aug 17, 2019 at 7:14 AM ]
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Rubs....I think we still need one more owner right? As I see it we lost Jiks and MBC and picked up SWH.

If you were thinking that Waterbear was in you may need to rethink that. He posted this in the fantasy fb that he will be gone for several weeks before the season with no interest access

Oh s**t. This true?

If so need one owner and I'll add it in the thread title.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
With our draft a week from tonight will you be doing draft order today( or after we find our 12th)
With our draft a week from tonight will you be doing draft order today( or after we find our 12th)

Cant do draft order until we get a 12th owner.
Share 49ersWebzone