Wat

sorry man, those are the rules. You're out
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kingpin:
Wat

Is it you and not tman? Lol
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Kriz I dont think you can look at the results of the league this year to back your opinion. This year was very odd all the way around. I would bet something like this doesnt happen again (I cant remember it happening in close to 2 decades of playing fantasy football).

Also, I think it did exactly what kriz intended when he suggested it. It got two people in the fight for money who didn't make the playoffs; Boise and John
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by Kingpin:
Wat

Is it you and not tman? Lol

Kriz I dont think you can look at the results of the league this year to back your opinion. This year was very odd all the way around. I would bet something like this doesnt happen again (I cant remember it happening in close to 2 decades of playing fantasy football).

Also, I think it did exactly what kriz intended when he suggested it. It got two people in the fight for money who didn't make the playoffs; Boise and John

John made the playoffs.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
OK, last week of FF.

Championship for a lot of $$:
Tman vs. Steve

3rd place bout for some $$ and playing for free:
RonMex vs. Sir Rubbs

Top scorer trying to get some $$:
ninerjohn 1659 pts
boise 1683 pts
jimrat 1630 pts
tman 1623 pts
ellen 1608 pts

Not making the playoffs 😠
  • krizay
  • Veteran
krizay, I love you but that rationale is retarded.

So according to you, the 4th place finisher who doesn't win a playoff game isn't as impressive as the team who could potentially finish dead last, never sniff the playoffs, but had one good week? That is f**king dumb as f**k. hahaha. Please tell me how that deserves money but a team that won and made the playoffs does not. To use your words, Ellen (who I believe was the single game high scorer) who didn't make the playoffs, didn't win a playoff game, gets her money back. (sorry Ellen

So the teams that make it to the playoffs and get beat 1st round deserve something too?

4th place im sorry doesn't deserve squat. And while there is a very strong argument that 4th place could mean more than highest scoring week.

As my final thought in my last posts says. It really isnt even about the money. Its about EVERY owner in the Playoffs or not playing for something throughout the whole season.

I believe i stated when we first discussed it doesn't even have to be getting their money back. Heck it could be 4th gets half entry fee and highest scoring week gets the other half. It's about EVERYONE playing for something the ENTIRE season.

Thats really all im trying to say. Though I think 4th place is weak sauce even if we do nothing about highest scoring week.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

It was very odd it it actually hurts my argument.

In most years there are 2-4 owners done by week 7. Playing for nothing. This year. We had 11 in it til week 12 or so. So it really hurt my main argument
[ Edited by krizay on Dec 17, 2019 at 5:12 PM ]

• krizay
  • Veteran

Yes this part did work as intended. Sometimes owners just have bad luck and should get some sort of reward for it
  • krizay
  • Veteran
FWIW, none of this is personal. I made the exact same argument at beginning of the season before all these played out. Rubs, you just happened to be in the scenario.

If i finished 4th. I still would have thought it was weak sauce.

But i would have taken the money
Originally posted by krizay:
FWIW, none of this is personal. I made the exact same argument at beginning of the season before all these played out. Rubs, you just happened to be in the scenario.

I don't take it personal, homie. This league has used 4th before I took it over. We can look at it again next year, but there's a lot of money to spread around so I think it played out pretty well.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:

I don't take it personal, homie. This league has used 4th before I took it over. We can look at it again next year, but there's a lot of money to spread around so I think it played out pretty well.

All good. As i said months ago. Still my favorite league of all that i am in.

I realize im in the minority. Just wanted to express it as we are in the window in which i was discussing. To hopefully give a better picture of my intent. Though not sure i did that.
OK, last week of FF.

Championship for a lot of $$:
Tman vs. Steve

3rd place bout for some $$ and playing for free:
RonMex vs. Sir Rubbs

Top scorer trying to get some $$:
ninerjohn 1659 pts
boise 1683 pts
jimrat 1630 pts
tman 1623 pts
ellen 1608 pts

I dont think it is. It doesnt look like the PF has changed for anyone on the standings page once our regular season ended.

I think you're right. So that means Boise wins the high scorer I guess
Share 49ersWebzone