LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

crzy presents the Official High Rollers Fantasy Baseball League

Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Never thought it was possible for Boise to actually be caught and passed even if it will likely only be for a day or 2. At least it wasnt wire to wire for him!

Good luck to all the rest of the way. 4ML.. hope you finish a strong 4th!

Good for you J. Weird seeing a different person with the number one spot. It's going to be a tight finish

I know. I was shocked when I saw it to be honest. Good luck on getting that 5th spot. That would be a nice accomplishment in your first year.
Get off my ass crzy! Fifth is mine sucka.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
Get off my ass crzy! Fifth is mine sucka.

[ Edited by crzy on Sep 15, 2016 at 3:03 PM ]
I just realized that I have not been getting credit for my pitching totals for the past couple of days.. I was wondering how Boise was getting so close to me in K's and I lost a couple of wins. The reason.. somehow there was a 2000K inning limit set even though we have always said there was no limit.

I changed this effective immediately. I was way up in Ks and now 2 Ks ahead of Boise. It also cost me 2 saves just yesterday. I doubt it will effect the final standings but it could prevent me from sweeping all the pitching categories. BTW.. Moist and I am the only ones this effected. We both show 2013 innings as having been pitched.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Sep 19, 2016 at 7:04 AM ]
I just realized that I have not been getting credit for my pitching totals for the past couple of days.. I was wondering how Boise was getting so close to me in K's and I lost a couple of wins. The reason.. somehow there was a 2000K inning limit set even though we have always said there was no limit.

I changed this effective immediately. I was way up in Ks and now 2 Ks ahead of Boise. It also cost me 2 saves just yesterday. I doubt it will effect the final standings but it could prevent me from sweeping all the pitching categories. BTW.. Moist and I am the only ones this effected. We both show 2013 innings as having been pitched.

The homepage clearly states that crzy made a conscious decision, as commissioner, to change the max innings from 1400 to 2000 on Feb 29th, it is not as though 2000 was a default but was changed deliberately, presumably with all good intentions. The innings and games limits are clearly available for all on our team pages and have been since day one, I cannot believe a change is being made with less than 3 weeks to go. I might be in the basement, but then again I haven't made 200 plus roster moves and used up my allocations.

This is the second year in a row this has happened in this league.
Originally posted by redrose49er:

The homepage clearly states that crzy made a conscious decision, as commissioner, to change the max innings from 1400 to 2000 on Feb 29th, it is not as though 2000 was a default but was changed deliberately, presumably with all good intentions. The innings and games limits are clearly available for all on our team pages and have been since day one, I cannot believe a change is being made with less than 3 weeks to go. I might be in the basement, but then again I haven't made 200 plus roster moves and used up my allocations.

This is the second year in a row this has happened in this league.

There have NEVER been limits in this league and if Crzy put it at 2000 it was by mistake. I only caught it now because my stats were not being counted. Sorry if you dont approve.

If a majority can honestly tell me that they knew there were limits and a 2000 inning max then i will adjust back.
I remember crzy making that adjustment early in the season. It's why I didn't stream random pitchers constantly, knowing I had a limit. I streamed obviously, but I was careful with whom I picked up so my ratios wouldn't get destroyed. In a rotisserie league it's easy to win K's, W's etc. if there isn't an innings limit and/or max transactions. The default for yahoo rotisserie is 1400 innings to avoid constant streaming to boost roto points in pitching categories. 2000 innings limit seems like plenty considering half the league wont even reach that total.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Dammit.

This is going to sound stupid, but it's true....I honestly did not see that there was a No-Maximum Option on Yahoo because of how the dropdown menus were arranged.

Which is why the arbitrary values of 2,000 innings, and 180 maximum games for position players was chosen. I didn't pick those numbers out of thin air....that was at the bottom of those menus....so I was under the impression that that was the maximum possible.
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
I remember crzy making that adjustment early in the season. It's why I didn't stream random pitchers constantly, knowing I had a limit. I streamed obviously, but I was careful with whom I picked up so my ratios wouldn't get destroyed. In a rotisserie league it's easy to win K's, W's etc. if there isn't an innings limit and/or max transactions. The default for yahoo rotisserie is 1400 innings to avoid constant streaming to boost roto points in pitching categories. 2000 innings limit seems like plenty considering half the league wont even reach that total.

I understand your point but we had no limits last year and this was supposed to be the case this year as well. And usually if you stream like crazy you will finish in the botttom of era and whip. Obviously i wouldnt have gone over the innings if i had known that there was a change feom last years rules.
I don't remember what we talked about. Hope that helps.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:

This.

We can't change this two weeks before the season ends. This is kind of lame. I didn't stream some pitching match-ups knowing there is a limit.
[ Edited by 4ML on Sep 19, 2016 at 9:35 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Regardless of whether this was a mistake or not...you can't change it now.

Some of us knew there was a limit and played accordingly. Next season - there shouldn't be a limit if that's what majority decides.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I have to weigh two things.

1. NinerJohn told me what the league settings were for last season. I thought I had implemented this correctly -- again thinking that 2,000 innings, and 180 maximum games for position players was the "maximum" available settings on yahoo roto. I then assigned NinjerJohn as assistant commissioner. He then proceeded to play in this league under the assumption that there was no max innings limit.
  2. Changing League Settings this far into the season is not just tacky...it completely screws over people who noticed those specific league settings and tailored their league strategy specifically to those rules.

This is the most f**ked up situation I've ever been in as commissioner, where there is no solution where someone won't be upset.

#2 is the clearly stronger argument, however. So that's what we're going to go with.

John, if this causes you fall out of the top 3, I will refund you $60 out of pocket for my f**k-up -- for not ensuring that the league settings were agreed upon and set correctly. That's the best I can do.
Just call the game, give everyone their money back and we can start fresh in 2017. Who else agrees?
John I feel stupid af trying all these nights to catch you in K's now.
Share 49ersWebzone