LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Antonio Brown vs. Calvin Johnson

Was curious to hear some thoughts, do you guys believe Calvin reclaims his throne and has a better season than Brown this year?

Personally, I believe this may be Megatrons come back season. He will explode if he can remain healthy.
[ Edited by 4everFaithful on Sep 9, 2015 at 6:25 PM ]
He definitely can. He's the most dominant WR in the game when he's healthy.

But if it's a dynasty league I might choose Brown over Johnson because of the age difference. Calvin is about to turn 30, Brown just turned 27 last month

In a redraft, it's a toss up.
Can he? Sure. Will he? I wouldn't bet on it. If your choice was between Brown and Megatron, go with Brown in all formats, easily.
Brown.... Injury free in comparison. Better QB , better run game to keep drives alive, Bryant out 4 games should also bring his stats up.
You guys are living in the past. Antonio Brown is top 8 worthy
My bold prediction is Calvin will be the #1 WR this year.
Golden Tate is getting more targets than Megatron of late. Tate had 105 receptions last year and led the NFL in YAC. He is taking to many looks away from Megatron for him to be as dominate as he once was. He is more of a deepthreat and redzone guy nowadays. Tate gets all the underneath stuff now. Id go with Brown personally.
Originally posted by JBrack:
Golden Tate is getting more targets than Megatron of late. Tate had 105 receptions last year and led the NFL in YAC. He is taking to many looks away from Megatron for him to be as dominate as he once was. He is more of a deepthreat and redzone guy nowadays. Tate gets all the underneath stuff now. Id go with Brown personally.

Megatron was banged up last year, that's why Tate got so many targets. But it was almost a blessing because now defenses have to respect Tate. I think Tate helps Calvin he doesn't hurt him, because teams can't just triple team Calvin anymore.

in the other case, Bryant hinders Brown, because although he demands a defenses attention, he steals valuable TDs from Brown in the redzone due to his size. Though Tate also steals TDs from Calvin, but due to the size difference between him and Calvin, Calvin is the favorite in the redzone.

Fortunate for Brown that Bryant is suspended, but it hurts him that Bell is gone the first 2 weeks, defenses won't be stacking the box, and will quadruple team him.
Share 49ersWebzone