There are 237 users in the forums

crzy's Dynasty Baseball League 2014

• jrg
  • Veteran
Nah man. That is b******t. If I lose by 5.50 points I'm out. Nowhere in the rules does it say you can't list RP at SP. Usually you can't because RP aren't listed eligible to be slotted as SP. This hasn't been an issue all season long from the numerous times I've played John and now suddenly Davis gets a win and arms are in the air.

I should NOT be punished for Yahoo listing Davis eligible at SP. Make a "Wade Davis rule" if you need to, but as I said, if I lose a close game because of "sudden" rules applied to the Championship game, I'm done w/ this league.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Pitching Rules
1) You must keep 2 RP on your roster at all times.

2) Regardless of Yahoo's position eligibilities, you can only start starting pitchers at starting pitcher, and you can only start guys who come out of the pen at RP. Guys like Andrew Cashner who have RP eligibility based on LAST YEAR cannot be used at RP unless they come out of the pen THIS YEAR.

3) You may only have a maximum of 8 starting pitchers on your team.

There are 5 SP spots, 1 flex P spot, and 5 total bench spots to be used on either hitters or pitchers. I'm going to assume that most people will have a starting pitcher at the flex spot, so that means you can have a maximum of 2 starting pitchers on your bench.

There are two DL spots. If you have a pitcher on the DL, that guy will not count toward your total of 8 starting pitchers.

Playoff Rules
1) ALL NON PLAYOFF TEAMS will have their rosters locked. If you're not active in the playoffs, you can't add anybody or drop anybody.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Yahoo can list Davis whatever the hell he wants. List him at 2B if they have to. But as I've shown previously he hasn't started ALL season.

Proof
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
..2) Regardless of Yahoo's position eligibilities, you can only start starting pitchers at starting pitcher, and you can only start guys who come out of the pen at RP....

Thats what it says on the first page.

I know you were trying to gain a competitive edge james, but yeah john is in the right by letter of the law
Originally posted by jrg:
Nah man. That is b******t. If I lose by 5.50 points I'm out. Nowhere in the rules does it say you can't list RP at SP. Usually you can't because RP aren't listed eligible to be slotted as SP. This hasn't been an issue all season long from the numerous times I've played John and now suddenly Davis gets a win and arms are in the air.

I should NOT be punished for Yahoo listing Davis eligible at SP. Make a "Wade Davis rule" if you need to, but as I said, if I lose a close game because of "sudden" rules applied to the Championship game, I'm done w/ this league.

Be out then. No one gives a f**k if you are in or out. I have never noticed that you had Davis AND 8 other SPS until now. LOL at being done with the league since this is the last week,

OK.. I didnt mean that James.. But seriously dont try to make it sound like I am only bringing this up now cuz Davis got a win. That is insulting
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Sep 15, 2014 at 9:02 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Alright. Well I never noticed that until now. Has never been brought up previously so I never thought much of it. I always tried to follow the 8 SP rule. If this WAS a rule, I agree to have 5.50pts removed from my total of this week. I think this league in general has some of the weirdest rules of any fantasy sports league I've been in, but if its a rule, then its a rule.

I apologize John. Wasn't trying to do anything sneaky.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Its certainly the fault of the rest of us for not paying enough attention and particularly my fault for being an AWOL commissioner. Sorry guys.

Hope you can come up with an amicable solution to appease John because I'm certain that Yahoos f**king commish tools dont let me change a damn thing.
[ Edited by crzy on Sep 15, 2014 at 9:18 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I was looking in my WZ league and couldn't find anything, but assumed it was just because it wasn't a points league.
Alright. Well I never noticed that until now. Has never been brought up previously so I never thought much of it. I always tried to follow the 8 SP rule. If this WAS a rule, I agree to have 5.50pts removed from my total of this week. I think this league in general has some of the weirdest rules of any fantasy sports league I've been in, but if its a rule, then its a rule.

I apologize John. Wasn't trying to do anything sneaky.

Its not life or death and since it isnt a money league I wont lose sleep. Still, we all want to play by the same rules.

I would say that if you want to keep Davis you should drop one of your closers and just put him in a RP or P role. I dont know if we can adjust the 5.5 or not but it doesnt sound like it. Hopefully it wont come down to that
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Two possible solution

1. We simply keep track here and say that jrg has 5.5 points less than yahoo says he does. Meaning he has to win by more than 5.5 points to truly win.

2. Jrg benches one of his closers in an upcoming contest but John must agree to this
[ Edited by crzy on Sep 15, 2014 at 9:27 PM ]

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
James. There are only 3 slots where you can use a RP. You CANNOT use a RP in a SP slot and still have 8 other starters.

Pretty sure I brought this up weeks ago and you said you didn't see a problem with it.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I'm open to benching Cody Allen tomorrow @ Houston.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Garcia:
nope. javier baez is a pimp. don't need a SS THAT bad to lose strasburg

p.s. you got Wade Davis in your SP spot, dude is a reliever.

He qualifies as both SP and RP. As long as James doesnt have 8 other SPs active along with him I dont see a problem.

Bewm
Originally posted by crzy:
Two possible solution

1. We simply keep track here and say that jrg has 5.5 points less than yahoo says he does. Meaning he has to win by more than 5.5 points to truly win.

2. Jrg benches one of his closers in an upcoming contest but John must agree to this

I would say both of these have to be in place. James has a 5.5 pt manual adjustment and he must not use Davis in a SP slot for anyday during the week. He can sit any of the 4 RPS he chooses.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Bewm

What does Bewm mean?
Share 49ersWebzone