LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

crzy's Dynasty Baseball League 2014

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
James, I just noticed that you have Davis AND 8 other SPS on your roster. You cannot do this. If you use Davis it HAS to be as a RP or P. You cant list him as a SP unless you only have 7 other starters. We talked about this before.

Crazy needs to delete the 5.5 points that Davis got tonight and you have to cut a SP if you plan on keeping him slotted in the SP spot.

Um, Wade Davis is a RP.

I've used him in this role all season. Just because he has a SP eligibility doesn't mean he is a starter as you can see in his numerous 1.0 IP appearances above.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

SP (8)
Justin Verlander
Stephen Strasburg
Andrew Cashner
Wade Miley
Jon Lester
Yovani Gallardo
CJ Wilson
Phil Hughes

RP (4)
Wade Davis
Joe Nathan
Trevor Rosenthal
Cody Allen
James. There are only 3 slots where you can use a RP. You CANNOT use a RP in a SP slot and still have 8 other starters.
You can have Davis and 3 other RPs but you have to sit one of all of them are playing. I am not debating that he is a RP. Of course he is. For that reason you cant put him in as a SP UNLESS you want to remove a starter from your roster
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Sep 15, 2014 at 8:43 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
3) You may only have a maximum of 8 starting pitchers on your team.

There are 5 SP spots, 1 flex P spot, and 5 total bench spots to be used on either hitters or pitchers. I'm going to assume that most people will have a starting pitcher at the flex spot, so that means you can have a maximum of 2 starting pitchers on your bench.

There are two DL spots. If you have a pitcher on the DL, that guy will not count toward your total of 8 starting pitchers.

Nowhere does it say I can't list Davis as a SP. I simply just can't have 8 SP.
Originally posted by jrg:
3) You may only have a maximum of 8 starting pitchers on your team.

There are 5 SP spots, 1 flex P spot, and 5 total bench spots to be used on either hitters or pitchers. I'm going to assume that most people will have a starting pitcher at the flex spot, so that means you can have a maximum of 2 starting pitchers on your bench.

There are two DL spots. If you have a pitcher on the DL, that guy will not count toward your total of 8 starting pitchers.

Nowhere does it say I can't list Davis as a SP. I simply just can't have 8 SP.

I even mentioned it in a post earlier when Garce questioned it and told you that you could have Davis positioned in the SP slot IF you didnt have 8 other starters.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
You can mention anything you want, but I'm going off what is listed as the official rules. If this breaks any rules, I choose to have Verlander benched from my SP roster for today.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Seems like you're looking for a technicality man.
You can mention anything you want, but I'm going off what is listed as the official rules. If this breaks any rules, I choose to have Verlander benched from my SP roster for today.

WIll let Crazy decide if he even goes in here but its basically cheating. You are gaining an advantage by putting 9 guys listed as SPs on your roster and in the SP spot.
I wish I had noticed this when you were playing the others but I never paid attention to it.

Hardly.

• jrg
  • Veteran

Hardly.

Well its nowhere in the rules, so seems like it. You mentioned how I cannot use a RP in the SP and have 8 other starters. So I agree to forfeit Justin Verlander's points from today.
[ Edited by jrg on Sep 15, 2014 at 8:52 PM ]

Hardly.

Well its nowhere in the rules, so seems like it. You mentioned how I cannot use a RP in the SP and have 8 other starters. So I agree to forfeit Justin Verlander's points from today.

You have to cut a SP and just go with 7 sps if you plan on keeping Davis active. You cannot have 8 other SPS and put Davis in the SP slot. SO, cut Verlander then and dont add another SP
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Hardly.

You have to cut a SP and just go with 7 sps if you plan on keeping Davis active. You cannot have 8 other SPS and put Davis in the SP slot. SO, cut Verlander then and dont add another SP

Nope. Because Davis doesn't effect the 8 SP limit. Hasn't started ALL SEASON. Not my fault Yahoo has him listed as a SP.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
James, John is correct. You knowingly played a relief pitcher as a SP.

You should forfeit those points.

However, here's the f**ked up thing, I can't for the life of me figure out how to remove those points from jrg's roster.

I tried editing his roster for today by placing Wade Davis on the bench but it only edited his Tuesday lineup.

If anyone knows which commish tool I can use to remedy this solution plz let me know.
Originally posted by crzy:
James, John is correct. You knowingly played a relief pitcher as a SP.

You should forfeit those points.

However, here's the f**ked up thing, I can't for the life of me figure out how to remove those points from jrg's roster.

I tried editing his roster for today by placing Wade Davis on the bench but it only edited his Tuesday lineup.

If anyone knows which commish tool I can use to remedy this solution plz let me know.

And here is the other thing.. I wonder if that cost Boise the match against James too
Share 49ersWebzone