LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 292 users in the forums

Do I agree to split the money before the championship?

In the finals this week at 12-2 (1 Seed) against 9-5 (3 Seed) and he emailed me asking if I wanted to split the pot beforehand. I told him as the favorite I'd need some more incentive. Below is a quick breakdown of the deal he offered. My question is, do I accept?

Original Payouts: 1. $273 2. $136 3. $50
Offered Payouts: Me $225 Other finalist $184
In the High Rollers league last season, I made it to the finals and I believe it was discussed whether I wanted to split the prize so that we'd each get $250 instead of the winner getting $300 and the loser getting $200. I said f**k that because I wanted the extra $100. I lost and only took $200. I'd do it again because all year long I aimed at the top price and I wouldn't have liked it if I had won and missed out on the extra $50. I'm not greedy in life but I am competitive.

It's really up to you though.
Here is the matchup.

[ Edited by alwaysa49erfan on Dec 17, 2013 at 12:18 PM ]
Originally posted by vrabbit:
In the High Rollers league last season, I made it to the finals and I believe it was discussed whether I wanted to split the prize so that we'd each get $250 instead of the winner getting $300 and the loser getting $200. I said f**k that because I wanted the extra $100. I lost and only took $200. I'd do it again because all year long I aimed at the top price and I wouldn't have liked it if I had won and missed out on the extra $50. I'm not greedy in life but I am competitive.

It's really up to you though.

He started by off by offering an even split. I turned it down and he countered with the split a little more in my favor. That's the only reason I'm considering.
team on the left is going to win. book it
I'm the team on the left by the way. Fairly confident that I'll win but always a chance I put up a dud. Basically I'd be risking 90 to win 50. I'm leaning towards making the deal.
[ Edited by alwaysa49erfan on Dec 17, 2013 at 4:04 PM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Splitting is a bish move IMO
Originally posted by Garcia:

This.
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by Garcia:

This.

disagree, at least get some money out of it. I would take the deal in your case especially since its not 50.50
[ Edited by phatbutskinny on Dec 17, 2013 at 7:29 PM ]
I think its pretty funny that you ask others what you should do. Are you a gambler or do you want to play it safe. Only you know the answer to that.

Share 49ersWebzone