There are 196 users in the forums

Draft in 3 hours, need some last-minute advice!

Hey guys,

I got a draft in a few hours, I was looking to draft like this:

RB
RB
RB
WR
WR
QB
TE
DST
BN
BN
BN
BN
K

Is this a good order, or am I taking DST early? I was looking at aiming for Ray Rice (#9) first, Forte (#12) second, then Gore (#29) third to use at Flex, then loading up on the best players available at their positions; I might even pick up St. Louis for DST late so I can load up on WR/RB depth sooner, and possibly taking Andrew Luck as QB since the elite 4 (Peyton, Brady, Brees, Rodgers) will likely be long gone by the 5th.

10 team league, 0.5 PPR, 1 pt every 10 yards/carry.

Thanks guys! Must represent the Niners and crush the all but 3 Seahawks fans in our league.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
That is early for a dst, and it all depends who is there when you pick, if you get rice at 9 your stoked but if he isn't there go with megatron or McCoy. If you get a rb at 9 you could follow that up with a top receiver (green, Bryant or Marshall) at 11. Just fight that homer in you and go with bpa through the draft waiting on a qb until around the 6th round or so unless Brees or Rodgers is available in the 4th.

You maybe Able to score gore, then sproles or bush who are good in ppr leagues on the 3rd to 4th turnaround picks

Good luck
Originally posted by Tman:
That is early for a dst, and it all depends who is there when you pick, if you get rice at 9 your stoked but if he isn't there go with megatron or McCoy. If you get a rb at 9 you could follow that up with a top receiver (green, Bryant or Marshall) at 11. Just fight that homer in you and go with bpa through the draft waiting on a qb until around the 6th round or so unless Brees or Rodgers is available in the 4th.

You maybe Able to score gore, then sproles or bush who are good in ppr leagues on the 3rd to 4th turnaround picks

Good luck

Thanks man! If STL is available I may pick them up in the 10th round instead (probably likely) and build up my depth. I figure I could surf the waiver wire for a QB, DST, and K to cover the bye weeks.

My brother has already told me who he's picking (he wants Rice @ #10 and AJ Green at #11) and we've got back-to-back picks, so there is likely good odds Dez Bryant will be available in the second.

Do you think Dez is better than Forte for a #12 pick?
Go RB for the first three. Draft a D where you're planning to only if it's one of the few worth drafting: Sea, SF, Chi, Hou, Cin
[ Edited by YungAce on Sep 2, 2013 at 7:43 PM ]
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Protoman:
Thanks man! If STL is available I may pick them up in the 10th round instead (probably likely) and build up my depth. I figure I could surf the waiver wire for a QB, DST, and K to cover the bye weeks.

My brother has already told me who he's picking (he wants Rice @ #10 and AJ Green at #11) and we've got back-to-back picks, so there is likely good odds Dez Bryant will be available in the second.

Do you think Dez is better than Forte for a #12 pick?

Yea I would grab dez for sure, dude is going to have a monster year
Just finished my draft a few minutes ago. How'd I do?

I took fliers on Montee Ball and Ben Tate to build my RB depth and be potential trade bait if Ball gets hot. I figured I can also swap Ben Tate out with Quinton Patton on the fly in case he gets hot.

Thanks for the advice guys! Appreciate it.
[ Edited by Protoman on Sep 2, 2013 at 10:11 PM ]
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone