LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 244 users in the forums

Tips for a first time auction drafter?

Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Pinche Babosos

that's your target right there, blew his money on 3 guys, his WR1 is Boldin, who the f**k is his WR2? Jeffery?

You can easily offer Sproles and any 2 of your WR's for Lynch. See if he's at least willing to discuss. You have a lot to work with.

Pocketful Pancake and the guy you mentioned would be guys to talk to ass well.
Yeah, Pancake was the guy I thought of first. But he's a friend of mine that I just brought into this league for the first time. So I don't want to totally ream him right off the bat.

I mean, it would be funny if I did.... But I feel like with him in particular I should offer something fair. He's a chiefs fan, so I don't know which RB he'd rather keep.

So my two questions are:

1. What's a good first offer to Babosos? Start with Nicks and Sproles for Lynch and Boldin? Then go up to Nicks, Wayne, Sproles for McCoy, Meyers, Boldin?

2. What's a fair offer to start with Pancake? Colston, Nicks, Bradshaw for Charles, Rudolph, Eli?

I feel like I'm operating from a position of strength, so I don't want to push it. But if these top heavy teams have a lucky week 1 I could see them refusing to give up big parts.

I wouldn't go for an even number of player exchange. Who's out on the wire? Remember that you are trading for a player that costs $60. Nicks and Sproles = $23, Lynch and Boldin = $68. Even with your leftover $6 you can't pull that off. The good news here is that you can afford to trade away more players than what you'll bring in.

Matter of fact Lynch for Sproles and Cruz still doesn't do it. But you can get away with offering Sproles/Cruz/Colston ($58) for Lynch and Jeffery ($61). Assuming he'd take that (and that's a GOOD deal), look at your team now

QB Stafford
RB Lynch
RB Richardson
WR Wayne
WR A. Brown (he's a SOLID WR2)
Flex Nicks or Amendola
TE Sudfeld
K Bryant
DEF Chicago

You'd be giving up your perceived WR1's, but you have such a strong group of WR2's that you can pull that off (and Wayne/Brown are high WR2's) and then you have good RB depth with Bell, Mendenhall, and Bradshaw, plus you can pick up a WR of the wire with the $3 you'd have left.
[ Edited by vrabbit on Aug 27, 2013 at 4:18 PM ]
I wouldn't go for an even number of player exchange. Who's out on the wire? Remember that you are trading for a player that costs $60. Nicks and Sproles = $23, Lynch and Boldin = $68. Even with your leftover $6 you can't pull that off. The good news here is that you can afford to trade away more players than what you'll bring in.

Matter of fact Lynch for Sproles and Cruz still doesn't do it. But you can get away with offering Sproles/Cruz/Colston ($58) for Lynch and Jeffery ($61). Assuming he'd take that (and that's a GOOD deal), look at your team now

QB Stafford
RB Lynch
RB Richardson
WR Wayne
WR A. Brown (he's a SOLID WR2)
Flex Nicks or Amendola
TE Sudfeld
K Bryant
DEF Chicago

You'd be giving up your perceived WR1's, but you have such a strong group of WR2's that you can pull that off (and Wayne/Brown are high WR2's) and then you have good RB depth with Bell, Mendenhall, and Bradshaw, plus you can pick up a WR of the wire with the $3 you'd have left.
Hmmm that is appealing...

I did really want to hang onto Cruz though...

And regarding matching value, I don't feel like I need to come up with offers that add up in terms of draft dollars. 3/4 of my league screwed the pooch and over paid. I got good deals. I might look at average draft cost in determining fair trade, but I don't want to undo my draft success by having to add up all my bargains to equal their bloat.

I just talked to Pancake. He's open to either a Nicks for Gronk straight up (which I wouldn't mind because then I'd know I have a TE that will score in NE) or giving him 2 good WRs and a solid RB for a top RB, Gronk, and a back up QB.

You are right tho. I don't need to make it 3 for 3. There are a lot of great options out there on the wire. And, as it happens... I have #1 waiver priority.
I disagree with thinking Pinche will trade or need to. A day on the waivers will fix that team. Brees, Lynch and McCoy are a beastly group that can carry a team thru. Your RB situation makes you the person needing a trade. Id wait until you see what happens with the backlog of handcuff RBs you have before trading. Ball could be a beast in Denver and Brown is a fumble away from starting in NY. Id go after Graham on Tackling Dummys team. His WR situation is awful and his team is pretty hurt.
Pinche Babosos

that's your target right there, blew his money on 3 guys, his WR1 is Boldin, who the f**k is his WR2? Jeffery?

You can easily offer Sproles and any 2 of your WR's for Lynch. See if he's at least willing to discuss. You have a lot to work with.

I don't think so... RBs are worth more than WRs, especially with the caliber RBs he's got.

Your guy is Bad Motherlucker. Look at all those value picks.... And all you need is depth for bye weeks at RB.

Keep up on the waiver wire and pick up the best available RB after week 1.

After about week 3, people will start losing confidence in their picks and either drop or be willing to trade away the second tier players. So basically all Motherlucker's players.
Originally posted by mkmasn:
Pinche Babosos

I don't think so... RBs are worth more than WRs, especially with the caliber RBs he's got.

Your guy is Bad Motherlucker. Look at all those value picks.... And all you need is depth for bye weeks at RB.

Keep up on the waiver wire and pick up the best available RB after week 1.

After about week 3, people will start losing confidence in their picks and either drop or be willing to trade away the second tier players. So basically all Motherlucker's players.
Motherlucker is a sneaky lucker.... He always does well in both our NFL and NBA leagues. And mainly because he LOVES researching lesser known talent that's about to break out. So he will want to hold onto his guys. On the other hand, he has also been known to make crazy trades just to keep things interesting.

Really wish I hadn't backed down when we were in a bidding war for Wilson....

Thanks for the tips, everyone. I'll post again if I put together I trade offer.
Ok so I made a blockbuster deal. I gave up a bunch of depth for a top player, which I think was a good move for both of us. He was starting Jennings and Britt at WR, and still has AP. I needed a better RB2/1

I made this deal:

I give: Nicks, Wayne, Mendenhall

I get: Charles, Freeman, Gresham

Now I probably won't actually keep Freeman or Gresham. I have the number 1 waiver priority, which I'm using to drop Sudfeld and pick up Julius Thomas.

So after those deals go through, I will have:

QB Stafford
RB Charles
RB Richardson
WR Cruz
WR Colston
Flex Sproles or Amendola
TE Thomas
K Bryant
DEF Chicago

Bench Sproles or Amendola, Bradshaw, Antonio Brown, Montee Ball, Gresham, Freeman

How did I do? And what moves should I be trying to make now?
I approve
Share 49ersWebzone