LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 304 users in the forums

Need advice for keeper league

I am a beginner to fantasy sports and just took over a team in a 12 team 8 player keeper league that Drops 8 players and drafts 8 players. I am not sure who to keep and would sure appreciate any help. Thanks in advance for any help! My team as of now is:

QB-: Dal-Tony Romo, QB- Nyg-Eli Manning
RB:Ten-Chris Johnson, Ind-Ahmad Bradshaw, No-Darren Sproles, Pit-Isaac Redman, GB-Alex Green, Det-Jahvid Best, NE- LeGarrette Blout, Mia- Daniel Thomas.
WR: Oak-Denarius Moore, Car-Steve Smith, Atl-julio Jones
T: Stl-Jared Cook
K-:Ten-Rob Bironas
Def:Green Bay
Originally posted by Marksept:
I am a beginner to fantasy sports and just took over a team in a 12 team 8 player keeper league that Drops 8 players and drafts 8 players. I am not sure who to keep and would sure appreciate any help. Thanks in advance for any help! My team as of now is:

RB:Ten-Chris Johnson, Ind-Ahmad Bradshaw, No-Darren Sproles, Pit-Isaac Redman, GB-Alex Green, Det-Jahvid Best, NE- LeGarrette Blout, Mia- Daniel Thomas.

all I understood if you have to keep 8 players, I bolded the ones I think you should keep.

all things considered those are some hideous keepers after your top 3 (CJ, Sproles, Julio), but if you have to keep 8 IMO those are your best. You better have a hell of a draft, hopefully you're picking near the top
  • Garce
  • Veteran

thats who I would keep, not sure if there is anyone else worth keeping.

FYI Jahvid Best has retired. lol.

some sites good for fantasy
rotoworld.com
I also enjoy reading Matthew Berry's articles on espn.

Wow. You must have drawn the short straw with this team. Last place I assume. So you have to keep 8 of these guys?
1) Julio Jones
2) Chris Johnson
3) Ahmad Bradshaw
4) Darren Sproles ( especially if PPR)
5) Steve Smith

Truly after this there are no more keepers but I will keep going
6) Tony Romo
7) Denarius Moore
8) Isaac Redman

You should get some special consideration from the league for taking over a team this bad.
Yes I have to keep 8 players. Not a very good team. But I wanted to play and It was the only team available. I draft 4th, Hopefully I will have a good draft. Thanks for the advice. Any suggestions for rookies to consider, or would you just stick with available vets.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Yes I have to keep 8 players. Not a very good team. But I wanted to play and It was the only team available. I draft 4th, Hopefully I will have a good draft. Thanks for the advice. Any suggestions for rookies to consider, or would you just stick with available vets.

Since the pool will be extremely limited, you want to get some good rookies.

Le'Veon Bell PIT, IMO will be the best rookie RB this year
Im sure Lamar Miller will be available, MIA RB (not a rookie)

some names to keep in mind.
[ Edited by Garcia on Aug 14, 2013 at 11:42 AM ]
Originally posted by Garcia:

Since the pool will be extremely limited, you want to get some good rookies.

Le'Veon Bell PIT, IMO will be the best rookie RB this year
Im sure Lamar Miller will be available, MIA RB

some names to keep in mind.

these two but I wouldn't be so sure Lamar would be available if it's an 8-keeper league. Still a fairly good shot since he was mostly a FA last season.

Gio Bernard, Eddie Lacy, Montee Ball are some other rookie RB's to consider.
Thank you all for the help. I sure do appreciate it and as you can see I'm going to need it. lol
Share 49ersWebzone