LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

crzy's Dynasty Baseball League 2013 (vrabbit is the CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Didn't we discuss having 2 DL spots?

We did not, but like anything else if there is majority support for it then we'd change it. Does anyone else want 2 DL spots?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
[ Edited by crzy on Mar 16, 2013 at 6:15 PM ]
Originally posted by crzy:

We did not, but like anything else if there is majority support for it then we'd change it. Does anyone else want 2 DL spots?

I'm pretty sure more than one of us mentioned it last year when like 3 of our players were on the DL at the time

Its fine with me. I would prefer that teams not get totally screwed by losing all of their players and be handicapped.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I'm also for 2 DL spots. That's three people.

Anybody else weigh in?
I can tell you which team I don't like and that's crzy's. Didn't even draft 8 SP's and his 7th pitcher is Ricky Romero. Also will only get around to picking his 2nd closer with his last pick.

lol not sure why the difference between drafting 7 or 8 starting pitchers even matters considering that at some point or another most of the players drafted on everyone's bench will end up on the waiver wire.

And relief pitchers are the least valuable position in this league. I'm not concerned. Besides closers are so volatile. I could imagine you only having one closer at some point. Jason Grilli is a career journeyman, it's not hard to see him losing the closer role, nor is it hard to see Kenley Jansen taking over the job from League.

Anyways, my lack of mid-round picks forced me to punt relief pitching in search of more offense.

Now if you wish to criticize my lack of offense, I think that would be a more valid criticism

Not that any of this matters. Luck is the most important deciding factor in determining who wins this league.

lol, you are underrating the value of relief pitchers, being able to play 3 of them every days has much higher scoring potential than whoever you're stashing on your bench for that one day or two you'll get to play them. Even if all 3 of my closers were sloppy, it'd still give me more scoring potential than your two.
lol, you are underrating the value of relief pitchers, being able to play 3 of them every days has much higher scoring potential than whoever you're stashing on your bench for that one day or two you'll get to play them. Even if all 3 of my closers were sloppy, it'd still give me more scoring potential than your two.

Neither of your teams will make the playoffs. Now, can we just move on.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
sorry guys. will be home in 5 and pick
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I can tell you which team I don't like and that's crzy's. Didn't even draft 8 SP's and his 7th pitcher is Ricky Romero. Also will only get around to picking his 2nd closer with his last pick.

lol not sure why the difference between drafting 7 or 8 starting pitchers even matters considering that at some point or another most of the players drafted on everyone's bench will end up on the waiver wire.

And relief pitchers are the least valuable position in this league. I'm not concerned. Besides closers are so volatile. I could imagine you only having one closer at some point. Jason Grilli is a career journeyman, it's not hard to see him losing the closer role, nor is it hard to see Kenley Jansen taking over the job from League.

Anyways, my lack of mid-round picks forced me to punt relief pitching in search of more offense.

Now if you wish to criticize my lack of offense, I think that would be a more valid criticism

Not that any of this matters. Luck is the most important deciding factor in determining who wins this league.

Really? I'd rather have the roster flexibility to add additional starting pitchers than to carry 3 closers.

I mean if you're talking Kimbrel, Motte, or the top closers who can get you 13-15 points per week, maybe.

But guys like Grilli you're looking at 230-250 points over 25 weeks, which is 9-10 points per week. You can easily get more than that by streaming a starting pitcher with that roster spot.
Really? I'd rather have the roster flexibility to add additional starting pitchers than to carry 3 closers.

I mean if you're talking Kimbrel, Motte, or the top closers who can get you 13-15 points per week, maybe.

But guys like Grilli you're looking at 230-250 points over 25 weeks, which is 9-10 points per week. You can easily get more than that by streaming a starting pitcher with that roster spot.

Why cant you carry 8 SPS, stream , and carry 3 closers? I plan on doing that.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Why cant you carry 8 SPS, stream , and carry 3 closers? I plan on doing that.

silly crzy, you don't need that roster spot to stream pitchers unless you are somehow getting to start 5 pitchers every day
  • jrg
  • Veteran
OF Coco Crisp

Also, count me in for 2 DL spots
  • jrg
  • Veteran
jrg

C: Yadier Molina
1B: Adrian Gonzalez
2B: Danny Espinosa
3B: Pablo Sandoval
SS: Troy Tulowitzki
LF: Matt Holliday
CF: Angel Pagan
RF: Wil Myers
Util: Starlin Castro
Util: Pedro Alvarez

SP: Ryan Vogelsong
SP: Matt Harrison
SP: Wade Miley
SP: Trevor Cahill
SP: Jaime Garcia
RP: Chris Perez
RP: Ryan Cook
P: Grant Balfour

BN: Brett Gardner
BN: Joe Kelly
BN: Kyle Lohse
BN: Wily Peralta
BN: Coco Crisp
[ Edited by jrg on Mar 16, 2013 at 8:32 PM ]
I'm pretty sure more than one of us mentioned it last year when like 3 of our players were on the DL at the time

I remember that also.
It might have been in the other league though.

Im down for 2 DL slots
Share 49ersWebzone