LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

crzy's Dynasty Baseball League 2013 (vrabbit is the CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Ok ill add someone else and drop Bundy when the draft is over.
Sac is up
C Travis D'Arnaud
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
I'll take

SP Brandon Beachy, Atlanta Braves

I hate following you in the draft so much.

lol sorry. I was going to wait until my next pick, but I guess I'm glad I didn't.

Love having a DL spot in this league, so hopefully he'll be ready by late-June/early-July. The only thing that will suck is if one of my other guys get hurt until then.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I'll take

SP Brandon Beachy, Atlanta Braves

I hate following you in the draft so much.

lol sorry. I was going to wait until my next pick, but I guess I'm glad I didn't.

Love having a DL spot in this league, so hopefully he'll be ready by late-June/early-July. The only thing that will suck is if one of my other guys get hurt until then.

Yep. The more I thought about it I realized I couldnt have taken him given the fact that Tex is on the DL. Still, good pick
Guess I better finally take a SS. 3rd year in a row on my team...................... ALEXI RAMIREZ

Me too, I probably wouldnt have taken Corey Hart if we didnt.
Didn't we discuss having 2 DL spots?
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Didn't we discuss having 2 DL spots?

Not that I recall.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by crzy:
Shelby Miller is a starting pitcher
Joe Kelly is a starting pitcher
Dylan Bundy is a starting pitcher
Aroldis Chapman is a starting pitcher (unless he gets moved back to the pen).
Alexi Ogando is a starting pitcher (unless he gets moved back to the pen).

Sorry, we're not going by the screwed up Yahoo pitcher eligibilities. They list Kris Medlen as a friggin relief pitcher too.

My point was - at least wait till they get named a starter.

You have a point with Chapman because the Reds are wavering on whether or not to make him a starter.

But guys like Shelby and Bundy who may not be called up right away, they will be considered starting pitchers while they are rostered prior to their call-up.

That's fine by me.

Rate my team fellas!

C: Matt Wieters
1B: Joey Votto K
2B: Kyle Seager
3B: Ryan Zimmerman
SS: Elvis Andrus
LF: Michael Morse
CF: Bryce Harper K
RF: Josh Reddick
Util: Ryan Howard
Util: Adam Eaton

SP: Clayton Kershaw K
SP: Kris Medlen K
SP: Ian Kennedy
SP: Tim Lincecum
SP: Alex Cobb

RP: Fernando Rodney
RP: Greg Holland

P: Trevor Bauer
P: Wandy Rodriquez
P: Andrew Cashner

BN: Adam Dunn
BN: Howard Kendrick
BN: Domonic Brown
[ Edited by ninerlifer on Mar 16, 2013 at 2:16 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Rate my team fellas!

C: Matt Wieters
1B: Joey Votto K
2B: Kyle Seager
3B: Ryan Zimmerman
SS: Elvis Andrus
LF: Michael Morse
CF: Bryce Harper K
RF: Josh Reddick
Util: Ryan Howard
Util: Adam Eaton

SP: Clayton Kershaw K
SP: Kris Medlen K
SP: Ian Kennedy
SP: Tim Lincecum
SP: Alex Cobb

RP: Fernando Rodney
RP: Greg Holland

P: Trevor Bauer
P: Wandy Rodriquez
P: Andrew Cashner

BN: Adam Dunn
BN: Howard Kendrick
BN: Domonic Brown

solid, not poor, not spectacular, should compete for a playoff spot
James is up, yes?
I can tell you which team I don't like and that's crzy's. Didn't even draft 8 SP's and his 7th pitcher is Ricky Romero. Also will only get around to picking his 2nd closer with his last pick.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by vrabbit:
I can tell you which team I don't like and that's crzy's. Didn't even draft 8 SP's and his 7th pitcher is Ricky Romero. Also will only get around to picking his 2nd closer with his last pick.

lol not sure why the difference between drafting 7 or 8 starting pitchers even matters considering that at some point or another most of the players drafted on everyone's bench will end up on the waiver wire.

And relief pitchers are the least valuable position in this league. I'm not concerned. Besides closers are so volatile. I could imagine you only having one closer at some point. Jason Grilli is a career journeyman, it's not hard to see him losing the closer role, nor is it hard to see Kenley Jansen taking over the job from League.

Anyways, my lack of mid-round picks forced me to punt relief pitching in search of more offense.

Now if you wish to criticize my lack of offense, I think that would be a more valid criticism

Not that any of this matters. Luck is the most important deciding factor in determining who wins this league.
Share 49ersWebzone