LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 163 users in the forums

WZ High Rollers Baseball League (I need your cell # and SSN - LA)

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I don't know how translatable it is from football to baseball, but I've kind of grown tired with leagues that have 3+ keepers in FF. My favorite league is one where we have 1 keeper, and that's only if we want it. (and we lose our 1st round pick) Again, don't know if it's a valid comparison, but I'd want to lean toward fewer keepers.

It's a bit different in baseball because you have a lot more players as starters and on your bench than the amount of players in FF so 3 or 4 keepers isn't huge imo

I'm with majority vote
[ Edited by Garcia on Dec 28, 2014 at 11:05 PM ]
Originally posted by Garcia:
So we got

Jrg
John
Pete
Myself
Knowlege
Sincal
Rabbit

12 teams, 3 or 4 keepers?

First of all... if I am commish I decide who is in and who isnt. Having said that. not 100% that I want to commish the league. Rabbit is the best commish.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
First of all... if I am commish I decide who is in and who isnt. Having said that. not 100% that I want to commish the league. Rabbit is the best commish.

Rabbit said he probably won't have time, I was just listing who was interested you said you could probably commish only reason why I brought your name up

I hope you do John, you would be great
I'm definitely in.

Rabbit said he probably won't have time, I was just listing who was interested you said you could probably commish only reason why I brought your name up

I hope you do John, you would be great

Will give it some thought over the next couple of weeks. Just want to make sure I am committed to doing it. Wish crazy was back though. He was a great commish in our points league. Rabbit has been great as well in our football league. Both were well run.
I vote for 2 keepers. Anything more takes fun out of the draft
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Knowledge:

I personally think 3 is fine, only from my experience last year in crzys league... Tons of great players available. But I guess if this thing ever gets going then we will see what the rest say.
[ Edited by Garcia on Dec 31, 2014 at 7:06 PM ]

I personally think 3 is fine, only from my experience last year in crzys league... Tons of great players available. But I guess if this thing ever gets going then we will see what the rest say.

personally i don't like keepers in any fantasy league

personally i don't like keepers in any fantasy league

I'd be fine with this too.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Not too interested if there are no keepers. I like the idea of "building" a team where sure Miguel Cabrera is valuable right now, but that shouldn't make someone like Byron Buxton worthless.

what's the word on this?
Originally posted by vrabbit:
what's the word on this?

I dont think I want to commish. Just dont have the energy or desire to handle all of the money. SORRY. I will be an asst commish and help if necessary.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
If I had access to a desktop at work I would but during the week I'm only on mobile
If I had access to a desktop at work I would but during the week I'm only on mobile

I understand. I just dont want to handle the money nor the initial set up. If that was done I would be more than happy to commish the league during the season.

Would also want it to be a roto league, a WZ draft, and be able to pick the people I want in it. LOL I dont want anyone who hasnt been active all year or stops when their team is out of it and doesnt set lineups. Also, dont want anyone who tries to make up some excuse why they cant pay $60-75 right away for the league.

SO, based on that.... lets get Rabbit to do it.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
I understand. I just dont want to handle the money nor the initial set up. If that was done I would be more than happy to commish the league during the season.

Would also want it to be a roto league, a WZ draft, and be able to pick the people I want in it. LOL I dont want anyone who hasnt been active all year or stops when their team is out of it and doesnt set lineups. Also, dont want anyone who tries to make up some excuse why they cant pay $60-75 right away for the league.

SO, based on that.... lets get Rabbit to do it.

I would be more than happy to be the treasurer of the league and yes regulars only no randoms
Share 49ersWebzone