There are 318 users in the forums

The "who should I keep" thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
Now that the season is over, I'm looking at my keeper options in my leagues..One I have questions about is one of my money leagues. I won the championship with this team and have a TON of depth..I can keep 3 players..who should I keep? I'm leaning towards Luck, Richardson, Green

waits for some homer to tell you to keep Kap over Luck ...
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:

you get my PM btw?
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by vrabbit:

you get my PM btw?

yeah
I would keep Marshawn, Richardson and Green. I know Luck is probably going to be even better than this year, but chances are there will be far more comparable QBs to Luck in the draft than comparable running backs to Marshawn.

Honestly, I think you would be insane to not keep Marshawn. He's hands down your best player.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
I would keep Marshawn, Richardson and Green. I know Luck is probably going to be even better than this year, but chances are there will be far more comparable QBs to Luck in the draft than comparable running backs to Marshawn.

Honestly, I think you would be insane to not keep Marshawn. He's hands down your best player.

Traded for a early 2nd round pick.
[ Edited by jrg on Jan 1, 2013 at 4:12 PM ]
You traded Marshawn for an early second?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
You traded Marshawn for an early second?

Yep. Now have 2 1sts and 2 2nds and just won the league :)
Well congrats on winning your league. You are setup nicely for next year too. I love fantasy and how two people can have such different opinions on how to run your team. Its what makes it interesting.

For me (since you clearly wont be having a rebuilding year next year), I would have traded Andrew Luck for a first rounder. Someone DEFINITELY would have given you that. Then I would have kept Marshawn, Richardson and AJ.

With those 3 keepers and THREE first round picks, your team would have been more primed for a repeat in my opinion. Two great running backs, a top 3 WR and probably 75% of the league keeping quarterbacks, you would be primed to have an even better draft than you would having two first rounders and two second rounders. Just going back to the comparison, I would rather roll the combination of a Tony Romo type QB and Marshawn than Andrew Luck and whatever running back you could draft in the first round (maybe a Demarco Murray or Steven Jackson type back?).

I dunno, I guess thats just me. Good Luck
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Well congrats on winning your league. You are setup nicely for next year too. I love fantasy and how two people can have such different opinions on how to run your team. Its what makes it interesting.

For me (since you clearly wont be having a rebuilding year next year), I would have traded Andrew Luck for a first rounder. Someone DEFINITELY would have given you that. Then I would have kept Marshawn, Richardson and AJ.

With those 3 keepers and THREE first round picks, your team would have been more primed for a repeat in my opinion. Two great running backs, a top 3 WR and probably 75% of the league keeping quarterbacks, you would be primed to have an even better draft than you would having two first rounders and two second rounders. Just going back to the comparison, I would rather roll the combination of a Tony Romo type QB and Marshawn than Andrew Luck and whatever running back you could draft in the first round (maybe a Demarco Murray or Steven Jackson type back?).

That is a great way to look at it. I just like knowing I'll have the group of Luck, Richardson, and Green for years to come. I don't want to toot my own horn so to say, but the group of guys I play in this league I guess you could say don't watch anywhere near as much football as I do..so with that said, I'm confident I'll continue to have excellent drafts from here on out.

That is a great way to look at it. I just like knowing I'll have the group of Luck, Richardson, and Green for years to come. I don't want to toot my own horn so to say, but the group of guys I play in this league I guess you could say don't watch anywhere near as much football as I do..so with that said, I'm confident I'll continue to have excellent drafts from here on out.

So in other words... not as strong as the High Rollers WZ league.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

So in other words... not as strong as the High Rollers WZ league.

My team is gonna be loaded next year. Watch.
Share 49ersWebzone