LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 203 users in the forums

Looking for mock draft opinions, critiques, etc...

Here's my first mock I did recently, I believe some of you have seen already. (10 team, ESPN Mock draft) Mike Williams and Matt Flynn were accidental auto picks.

Here's my second mock... After Santonio Holmes it was all auto pick... Had to leave the house. So didnt get a real chance to work on depth. Also, I will note in the 3rd round Burner Turner was still available. But it was noted his carries might decrease this season. Thoughts?

3rd Mock

[ Edited by defenderDX on Aug 26, 2012 at 12:12 AM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Here's my first mock I did recently, I believe some of you have seen already. (10 team, ESPN Mock draft) Mike Williams and Matt Flynn were accidental auto picks.

Here's my second mock... After Santonio Holmes it was all auto pick... Had to leave the house. So didnt get a real chance to work on depth. Also, I will note in the 3rd round Burner Turner was still available. But it was noted his carries might decrease this season. Thoughts?

Will be posting more in the near future.

well, IMO in a 10 teamer. You should be the last one to get a QB. There are 10 quality QB's available (13 actually IMO). Also in a 10 teamer don't take positions for sake of their positions. Take BPA period. your 1st mock, no way was your 2nd, 3rd, 4th rounders the BPA. NO WAY!

I see not one value pick on your team. only looked at the 1st mock since 2nd one was half auto.

2nd mock, again, rounds 2-4 those players could not have been the BPA at thos e spots. the fact you got Antonio Brown in the 5th then took him in the 4th the 2nd mock? Idea of a mock in that case was to see if you could get him a round later. not a round earlier.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Fred Jackson is trippy for me.

Because up until that doot got hurt last year... he was an elite RB...

But now, he is comming off a broken leg and he has CJ Spiller to split carries with... but I think it could be very good
thats pretty how much i would pick (RB RB WR QB) ... but dont pick a kicker til last pick and I wouldnt pick a D til 2nd to last but thats just me

I like your first team better... ray rice and andre johnson with fred jack in the 3rd is a good first 3 rounds.

I think the reunion of Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall will pay dividends for both players. SO I like Cutler this year ALOT
[ Edited by Garcia on Aug 24, 2012 at 11:33 AM ]
Originally posted by krizay:

Will be posting more in the near future.

well, IMO in a 10 teamer. You should be the last one to get a QB. There are 10 quality QB's available (13 actually IMO). Also in a 10 teamer don't take positions for sake of their positions. Take BPA period. your 1st mock, no way was your 2nd, 3rd, 4th rounders the BPA. NO WAY!

I see not one value pick on your team. only looked at the 1st mock since 2nd one was half auto.

2nd mock, again, rounds 2-4 those players could not have been the BPA at thos e spots. the fact you got Antonio Brown in the 5th then took him in the 4th the 2nd mock? Idea of a mock in that case was to see if you could get him a round later. not a round earlier.

BPA? And I probably could have gotten Antonio later, or in the same round. Couldn't pass it up though, dude's a beast
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Best Player Available
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
You should not take bradshaw that early. Wilson will be taking carries from him

Use your last pick on marvin jones
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I too like Cutler and Brandon Marshall as I also really like Antonio Brown. But you could have waited and been the last guy to take a QB and got Cutler say round 7 or 8. 5th round is a good spot for Brown. but you know he was there once. the idea of practice is to see how long he'll stay there while grabbing someone else. Now that i look at it you did the exact same thing with Fred Jackson, took him a round earlier than you did the 1st mock. If you're practicing I assume you are picking from the spot you have and from the same spot each mock. While I know no two mocks are the same. You are just wasting your time "practicing" the way you are. Bassackwards.

Agree with the other two posters about Bradshaw and Jackson. Why I don't think you took the BPA at those spots.
I too like Cutler and Brandon Marshall as I also really like Antonio Brown. But you could have waited and been the last guy to take a QB and got Cutler say round 7 or 8. 5th round is a good spot for Brown. but you know he was there once. the idea of practice is to see how long he'll stay there while grabbing someone else. Now that i look at it you did the exact same thing with Fred Jackson, took him a round earlier than you did the 1st mock. If you're practicing I assume you are picking from the spot you have and from the same spot each mock. While I know no two mocks are the same. You are just wasting your time "practicing" the way you are. Bassackwards.

Agree with the other two posters about Bradshaw and Jackson. Why I don't think you took the BPA at those spots.

If I know what round I'll be picking in the draft, wouldn't it make sense to do mocks from that spot? or be best to practice there?
  • krizay
  • Veteran
If I know what round I'll be picking in the draft, wouldn't it make sense to do mocks from that spot? or be best to practice there?

Yes it would. I was just making sure you are picking from the same spot. my comments about bassackwards was in regards to drafting those 2 players a round earlier than the previous draft. Didn't know if you was drafting from 2 different spots and wasn't sure if they would last that extra round or what.
[ Edited by krizay on Aug 24, 2012 at 12:31 PM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Yes it would. I was just making sure you are picking from the same spot. hence the question. my comments about bassackwards was in regards to drafting those 2 players a round earlier than the previous draft. Didn't know if you was drafting from 2 different spots and wasn't sure if they would last that extra round or what.

But now that I know that you were drafting from the same spot. what was your reasoning for grabbing those two guys a round earlier than the previous mock? I know you said you didn't want to miss out on Brown but.....

Yes it would. I was just making sure you are picking from the same spot. hence the question. my comments about bassackwards was in regards to drafting those 2 players a round earlier than the previous draft. Didn't know if you was drafting from 2 different spots and wasn't sure if they would last that extra round or what.

But now that I know that you were drafting from the same spot. what was your reasoning for grabbing those two guys a round earlier than the previous mock? I know you said you didn't want to miss out on Brown but.....

The way players were falling, and the rate at which they were, etc etc...Also, in the 2nd mock I wanted to build up on Running back's. Need to finish a mock properly and post.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
The way players were falling, and the rate at which they were, etc etc...Also, in the 2nd mock I wanted to build up on Running back's. Need to finish a mock properly and post.

sounds good. wait to be the last one to take a QB and see what happens. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

sounds good. wait to be the last one to take a QB and see what happens. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Good advice, will try it.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
14 Team Mock Draft
QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, D/ST, K (no flex)

Round 1
QB Drew Brees
Round 2
TE Rob Gronkowski
Round 3
RB Fred Jackson
Round 4
WR Kenny Britt
Round 5
RB Frank Gore
Round 6
WR DeSean Jackson (my favorite pick as far as value)
Round 7
WR Nate Washington
Round 8
RB Peyton Hillis
Round 9
RB Mark Ingram
Round 10
WR Randy Moss
Round 11
RB Tim Hightower
Round 12
RB Legarrette Blount
Round 13
WR Jon Baldwin
Round 14
Buffalo D/ST
Round 15
Nick Folk K

I got to have an elite player in round 1 and if I can round 2.
I picked 7th of 14. I think Drew Brees is good value @ 7. Right about where he should be.
[ Edited by Garcia on Aug 24, 2012 at 2:16 PM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garcia:
14 Team Mock Draft
QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, D/ST, K (no flex)

Round 1
QB Drew Brees
Round 2
TE Rob Gronkowski
Round 3
RB Fred Jackson
Round 4
WR Kenny Britt
Round 5
RB Frank Gore
Round 6
WR DeSean Jackson (my favorite pick as far as value)
Round 7
WR Nate Washington
Round 8
RB Peyton Hillis
Round 9
RB Mark Ingram
Round 10
WR Randy Moss
Round 11
RB Tim Hightower
Round 12
RB Legarrette Blount
Round 13
WR Jon Baldwin
Round 14
Buffalo D/ST
Round 15
Nick Folk K

I got to have an elite player in round 1 and if I can round 2.
I picked 7th of 14. I think Drew Brees is good value @ 7. Right about where he should be.

In my mocks, Frank gore and Desean goes a round earlier each time so efinitely good value with both of those. Kenny Britt in the 4th is a HUGE gamble. great WR defintely worth the spot if no suspensions but i wouldn't be surprised if he's not out for the whole year. easily see half the season. but he spent an awfully lot of time in the principals office this offseason.
Share 49ersWebzone