There are 187 users in the forums

High Rollers FF League - Season 4 - NINERJOHN IS THE CHAMPION!

I was projected to go 1-12. Wow f**k you Yahoo
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Picking on Miles was probably my favorite part of this year.

You were pretty ruthless
If you look at the draft, it was fairly meaningless. It was all about your keepers and waiver pick ups.

Round 1 - Vincent Jackson (A+, only 1st rounder to put up more points was Russell Wilson)

Round 2 - Steve Smith (C, ended up being just a 3rd WR or 4th WR. Few picks later Eric Decker was picked....)

Round 3 - Danario Alexander (B, Yes I don't think this was a bad pick. Had he stayed healthy, he would have been a top 10 WR. Of course a week later he was injured and out for the year....It was a gamble, but IMO it was still a good pick to try for)

Round 4 - Brandon Myers (D, ended up being the 16th TE and not even worth a roster spot. Meanwhile a few picks later Josh Gordon was picked....)

Round 5 - Traded for Stevan Ridley (B+, yes in hindsight this is an F. But at the time I think it was a wise trade)

Round 6 - Chris Givens (F, 500 yards receiving and zero touchdowns on the year....)

Round 7 - Kendall Hunter (D, Should have went with my gut and picked Zac Stacy....)

Round 8 - Josh Boyce ( , F)

Round 9 - Jacquizz Rodgers (A, pretty good value for a 9th rounder. Only Alshon Jeffrey scored more points out of players taken in the 9th)

Round 10 - Carson Palmer (C, meh)

Round 11 - Pit D/ST and Kyle Williams (D).

My team failed because other than McCoy, my Keepers were not Keepers.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Dec 19, 2013 at 4:03 PM ]
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
If you look at the draft, it was fairly meaningless. It was all about your keepers and waiver pick ups.

Round 1 - Vincent Jackson (A+, only 1st rounder to put up more points was Russell Wilson)

Round 2 - Steve Smith (C, ended up being just a 3rd WR or 4th WR. Few picks later Eric Decker was picked....)

Round 3 - Danario Alexander (B, Yes I don't think this was a bad pick. Had he stayed healthy, he would have been a top 10 WR. Of course a week later he was injured and out for the year....It was a gamble, but IMO it was still a good pick to try for)

Round 4 - Brandon Myers (D, ended up being the 16th TE and not even worth a roster spot. Meanwhile a few picks later Josh Gordon was picked....)

Round 5 - Traded for Stevan Ridley (B+, yes in hindsight this is an F. But at the time I think it was a wise trade)

Round 6 - Chris Givens (F, 500 yards receiving and zero touchdowns on the year....)

Round 7 - Kendall Hunter (D, Should have went with my gut and picked Zac Stacy....)

Round 8 - Josh Boyce ( , F)

Round 9 - Jacquizz Rodgers (A, pretty good value for a 9th rounder. Only Alshon Jeffrey scored more points out of players taken in the 9th)

Round 10 - Carson Palmer (C, meh)

Round 11 - Pit D/ST and Kyle Williams (D).

My team failed because other than McCoy, my Keepers were not Keepers.

Remember when you thought I was nuts for keeping DeMarco Murray? 7th among all RBS in total points even with missing a couple of games. He was a good keeper as it turns out. Sadly, Marshall and Murray turned out to be my only 2.

I got him on Facebook last night. Lol. He was bragging in his fantasy predictions, I reminded him of Chris Ivory
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Remember when you thought I was nuts for keeping DeMarco Murray? 7th among all RBS in total points even with missing a couple of games. He was a good keeper as it turns out. Sadly, Marshall and Murray turned out to be my only 2.

I do remember and I still hate Murray
A huge reason for my success was that I had a very good draft IMO.

1. Marques Colston (B) - didn't put up the WR1 numbers I was hoping for, but he hasn't been too bad either.
2. Antonio Brown (A+) - ranks 3rd in the NFL in receptions and receiving yards to go with 8 TD's, wish I wouldn't have traded him.
3. Tony Gonzalez - (B+) - 71 receptions for 740 yards and 7 TD's not bad for a 37-year old, slightly better production than Colston.
4. DeSean Jackson - (A+) - I went into my drafts targeting this guy for a huge season with Chip's offense and a contract year and he did not disappoint.
5. DeAngelo Williams - (B+) - I also went into draft targeting DeAngelo knowing Stewart would be out for awhile. I knew there would be volume there, not bad for a RB3.
6. Mark Ingram (F) - epic fail.
7. Justin Blackmon - (B) - He was everything I thought he'd be coming off the suspension, so good that I chose to trade Antonio instead of him for Andre Johnson, but I didn't see his dumbass failing more drug tests. Ugh.
8. Denarius Moore - (C+) - he was solid for a little bit but never quite the sleeper I though he might be.
9. EJ Manuel - (D-) this was a low risk pick, and didn't last long on my roster, but he was a disappointment regardless.
10. Patriots (B+) - my team defense all season long until I dumped them this week.
11. Michael Crabtree - (D) I gambled thinking he'd be put on return IR and I'd be able to stash him in the IR slot. Meh.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

I got him on Facebook last night. Lol. He was bragging in his fantasy predictions, I reminded him of Chris Ivory

Originally posted by vrabbit:

1. Marques Colston (B) - didn't put up the WR1 numbers I was hoping for, but he hasn't been too bad either.
2. Antonio Brown (A+) - ranks 3rd in the NFL in receptions and receiving yards to go with 8 TD's, wish I wouldn't have traded him.
3. Tony Gonzalez - (B+) - 71 receptions for 740 yards and 7 TD's not bad for a 37-year old, slightly better production than Colston.
4. DeSean Jackson - (A+) - I went into my drafts targeting this guy for a huge season with Chip's offense and a contract year and he did not disappoint.
5. DeAngelo Williams - (B+) - I also went into draft targeting DeAngelo knowing Stewart would be out for awhile. I knew there would be volume there, not bad for a RB3.
7. Justin Blackmon - (B) - He was everything I thought he'd be coming off the suspension, so good that I chose to trade Antonio instead of him for Andre Johnson, but I didn't see his dumbass failing more drug tests. Ugh.
8. Denarius Moore - (C+) - he was solid for a little bit but never quite the sleeper I though he might be.
9. EJ Manuel - (D-) this was a low risk pick, and didn't last long on my roster, but he was a disappointment regardless.
10. Patriots (B+) - my team defense all season long until I dumped them this week.
11. Michael Crabtree - (D) I gambled thinking he'd be put on return IR and I'd be able to stash him in the IR slot. Meh.

I haven't looked at everybodys, but might be best draft. Colston + Gonzalez + Antonio Brown + DeSean Jackson + DeAngelo is really solid

I do remember and I still hate Murray

LOL The guy would be a top 5 RB if Dallas had a clue and didnt have Romo the Homo throw so much

good draft and no major injuries will equal success
meh the overall points scored/against is a bit misleading. I think its more interesting to see who got lucky or unlucky on a given week (ie scores in top 6 for points but gets outscored).

Like Week 7 I'd be bad beat while Rabbit would be a lucky win for scoring 7th most points but still getting a W.

Week 6 Bad Beat - Sprint Right Option; Lucky Win - Lynch Lucked Out

Week 5 Bad Beat - Ron Mexico, Crzy; Lucky Win - Montana to Rice, Boise

Week 4 Bad Beat - Crzy, Ron Mexico ; Lucky Win - Lynch Lucked Out, LA

Week 3 - All the teams that should have won and loss did

Week 2 Bad Beat - Rubber, Crzy; Lucky Win - Rabbit, Red Rose

Week 1 Bad Beat - SunDevil; Lucky Win - LA

Bad Beats on the Year:
Crzy - 3
SunDevil - 2
Ron Mexico - 2
Rubber - 1
Sprint Right Option - 1

Lucky Wins
LA - 2
Rabbit - 2
Lynch Lucked Out - 2
Red Rose - 1
Montana to Rice - 1
Boise - 1

Standings if the teams that should have won did, but due to scheduling lost:
1. RonMexico 6-1
2. Rabbit 5-2
3. LA 5-2
4. Crzy 5-2
5. RedRose 4-3
6. Montana to Rice 3-4
7. Rubber 3-4
8. SunDevil 3-4
9. Sprint Right Option 3-4
10. Boise 2-5
11. Carrots 2-5
12. Lynch Lucked Out 1-6

Adjusted records:
1. RonMexico 10-3
2. Crzy 10-3
3. Llama 9-4
4. vrabbit 8-5
5. Montana to Rice 8-5
6. Boise 7-6
7. Carrots 6-7
8. Rubs 6-7
9. RedRose 5-8
10. SprintRight 5-8
11. SunDEvil 4-9
12. Lynch 2-11

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Lol in another league before the season started I said Lacy would have 1200 yards rushing and 12 TD's on the year and said Wilson would faulter leading Andre Brown to take over and Arian Foster would get injured to miss time and Ben Tate would have held a vital role in the offense. Then rubber wanted to throw Ivory up in there and messed my flow all up.
[ Edited by NC49erfan82 on Dec 19, 2013 at 8:58 PM ]

And good FA pickups too.

Man it's very difficult apparently for me to get credit for the season that I've had

And good FA pickups too.

Man it's very difficult apparently for me to get credit for the season that I've had

If SunDevil's pick of Danario Alexander warrants a B, every pick in your draft deserves between an A+ and an A+++
Share 49ersWebzone